Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anybody please help car bogging down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody please help car bogging down

Man Ive got get this car going again quick. My wife is starting to want to get a new car and a payment with it. Not my style, Ive come to far with this car.

So a few weeks back my 93 wagon started kind of bogging down at a light. It idled fine but when it was about to get up to 5-10 it started stuttering. When I pushed through it it would run great at higher speeds. Also i am not getting any check engine lights at all. After driving it some more it has gotten worse and has started to leak oil.

What I have done so far thinking what might be the problem

- Not too long ago like 6 months I put a new fuel filter
    - New Radiator with cap
    - New cat converter pipe
    - New o2 sensor
    - Checked coolant and oil for mixture- no mixture present
    - new timing belt/tensioner/water pump
    - Took apart some of the out pieces of the intake and cleaned them, tightened down gently the small disc that people say to do when you have fast idle problems.

Someone told me maybe its a map sensor but wouldn't that bring up a code?

Thanks all for any help

William

I don't know what else to do
    Last edited by Speach; 12-11-2013, 08:02 PM.

What brand o2 sensor did you use?

Comment

try cleaning the the fitv and iacv. and adjust the fitv

Comment

Originally posted by ts14 View Post
        try cleaning the the fitv and iacv. and adjust the fitv
        Im pretty sure thats what I did, those are the things that come off the side of the intake right.

The o2 sensor came from Rock Auto, I forgot the brand name.

- Oh I also have installed a new ignition coil and dist cap and rotor.

Comment

when was the last time u did a tune up on your car?

Comment

Bogs at idle?

Does this occur when the motor is warmed up or cold?

Fitv usually is only a problem during cold starts.

I would look into properly cleaning out your Iacv. It needs to be super clean.

Other options you could try are TPS adjustment&replacement

I would go ahead and buy Ngk spark plugs

Change the old pcv valve while your at it

If none of those fix the problem it could be a dirty fuel filter or injectors

Oh and don't forget to set your base idle !!!

Comment

how long has it been since a tuneup?

new spark plugs, cap and rotor I'd suggest.

If your wires are in bad shape, then get new NGK blues as well.

If that doesn't take care of it, then adjust the ignition timing.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

The o2 sensor brand is important. Denso or NTK is good. Bosch is bad. Any other brand may not be good. A failing o2 sensor will cause the engine to bog.

Comment

Yea I've got new ngk plugs sorry didn't mention that and new cap and rotor.

As far as tune up I think I'm good.

The car does this right after being warmed up. Its starts fine, idles fine at first and about five to ten minutes it started hick upping, its almost like its choking on something intermittently.

Comment

Originally posted by Speach View Post
                    Yea I've got new ngk plugs sorry didn't mention that and new cap and rotor.

As far as tune up I think I'm good.

The car does this right after being warmed up. Its starts fine, idles fine at first and about five to ten minutes it started hick upping, its almost like its choking on something intermittently.
                    This is sounding like a bad O2 sensor or a possible plugged cat, cat's less likely because you changed it, but if you have already swapped in a denso o2 sensor you may want too check the cat.
                    I had a 1st gen eclipse with a bad o2 sensor that i never could find a o2 sensor for that did a similar thing when it warmed.
                    CB7TUNER.com
                    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Egr system might need a good cleaning as well.
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

cant he just try unplugging the o2 sensor and try letting it run in closed loop?

Comment

I put in a blank cat pipe just to not have to deal with it again and besides it was cheaper. I just picked up a whole intake/throttle body set up from another car for 40$ , This should give me more to work with.

Comment

Working...
                          X