Second car or Xbox1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second car or Xbox1?

Yes, it must get annoying seeing these posts, but I've been on the fence. Almost bought the xbox1, then had buyers remorse as I was standing in line. Went to check out a cb,Had buyers remorse as I seen the rust ( got discouraged).

My girlfriend and I have this conversation every night. She supports either decision but I need to make a damn decision already ( her words)

I have the xbox360 slim. It's going good, keeps me entertained. I have my CB7, it needs work done. I travel 45 miles one way; 90-100+ miles a day; 4 days a week to work.

I put $20 in gas every two days or every 130miles which ever comes first, ontop of buying two quarts if oil every week or so. My CB is going under the knife if I do get a second car,,

I was leaning to other cars, but I love the CBs to much, so I'll just buy another just to go to work, I won't mod it (*cough*)

I have all this in mind, yet I can't decide between either one. My girl wants to help me take apart, restore and upgrade my CB, and she's tired of my burning oil smoke ( aha ). Yes my mind is everywhere. I'm weighing all options, help, please! Guidance!

When I check out other cars, I see the CBs are cheaper, equal or better gas mileage. Cheaper to maintain. Looks like ill stay with the CBs as a search preference.
    Last edited by Joey GT-R; 12-06-2013, 03:38 AM. Reason: Adding previous double post.

I'm assuming you have about $500+ to spend....

Why not just take your car to a trustworthy mechanic and fix what you have in one day? If you are mechanically inclined do the work yourself. Hell, you could get a junkyard motor, refresh it with upgrades, and install it if you have the patience. That would cut down on your gas consumption and the smell.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

$650 as of right now. I see both the cb and the Xbox1 for that price.

I thought of that, but realistically, it'll possibly put my car outta commission for a day or two + ( im on call ontop of my regular hours )

Comment

The smoke don't bother me ( grown immune ..:x ), once I'm at my girlfriends' house, my cb stays parked until I head to work. I use her moms or step fathers car if I or we need to go out... Yep, I'm allover

Comment

With $650, you could easily have a spare peppier F22A. Then when you have an off day, have a friend help you drop the new motor in. On the day or two that you might need, you should still have change left over to rent a car just in case you are on-call. Should be a simple solution.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Sorry I'm vague, my car needs brake system overhauled, suspension overhauled. I was ontop if everything until I shared a cell phone plan, he never paid, and I was forced to pay it( 1500 -.-) it threw me off, I was off frozen trying to catch up, car problems arose, more bills. Now after months I'm nearly free, if I saved this check until next check I'm debt free..

I wish it was just the engine, that's why she needs to be parked:/ I have to fix previous owners neglects ( ontop of my unintended neglect due to bills).

Ahh guess I need life advice too.

Moral of the story... Don't lend a helping hand to anyone if it means putting you at risk, if that person fails to meet their end of the deal.

With that said, I think I said it all, any final advice Joey? I really do appreciate your help, it does help me think clearer, but idk why I'm like this

Edit: I should add. My best friend is a manager at dominos. He guarantees me a delivery job as a second job. Working with my hours to help me get back on my feet ( and continue once im on my feet if I wish ) that's why I keep leaning to the second cb, I see it as an investment, that person claims the car is in perfect condition, no leaks or burning. From pictures there no rust. And it's being sold stupid cheap!
            Last edited by Turbo617; 12-06-2013, 04:16 AM.

Comment

This comes from a one time gamer. All my life I wanted to be able to play anyone anytime at games I was really good at, 007, tekken, ect. I'm competitive so when the opportunity to play online came I took it. I used to be about as good as it gets at halo 2 and 3, that takes 4-24 hours out of every day. That's all a waste of time. Nobody ever got laid in the back of an x-box. I vote the car, that being said chicks don't really dig Honda tuning either. The best compliment I get these days is your car is so retro! (Face palm). There is possibly a gain to he had from the car though. Maybe it runs great then you sell your current one. Or you fix it up a little and sell the one you bought. Then do it again. Maybe there is no financial gain, I value my time under a hood much more than my time at the top of the leader boards, I'm never stranded without a vehicle because of the knowledge I have gained about auto mechanics. I bet if you didn't play any video games you would work on your car more. I will likely not buy another gaming system in my life, I guess I might not buy another car either since I own a cb so maybe I don't have much advice worth listening to.
              ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

I got lucky. I was working on my car, my girl who knows nothing about cars, asked how can she help, can I teach her. I smiled hard.

Then later in that day, I was playing ghosts, dominating. She took an interest, grabbed the control and asked to play a racing game. I put on forza, she asked me to teach her the controls, I did. She picked a Nurburg tuned GTR track car I bult, she dominated that track for her first time. I about jizzed. Then she said, if there's a automatic version of my car, shed like one and we can build that one too... Yep I feinted

I definetly got lucky, but as a top gamer you'll understand it, yeah I'm very talented. I used to love it, but now, I just don't care for it because its the same thing over and over. Guess ill hit up the guy with the cb. Again thanks for the help guys. Sorry I sound all over the place.

Comment

You did luck out my friend!! I've been with my lady for 11 years now and it's almost as if I couldn't pay her to play any video game at all! The only one she's ever gotten into is little big planet and that's only because it's "cute." On the other hand, she has always been into cars, but is not interested in anything more than Honda's and the only mod she likes is a short ram intake...

But honestly you're better off not getting the XBOX1 right now. As I'm sure you know as a fellow gamer, it's best to buy a new system at least a year after it's release. They are always problematic until the public gets a hold of them and sends feedback to the company, then they make changes to improve it. At least that's what I have seen since I started gaming back in the 90's.

Comment

Get the car. Spend some quality time with the GF learning/working/talking instead of playing games.
                    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 12-08-2013, 12:14 PM.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Can you get laid in the back of an xbox1?
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                        Can you get laid in the back of an xbox1?
                        Its big enough to get laid on top.
                        Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Don't have to pay insurance on an xbox.

Comment

I had the dilemma of buying wheels for my car or buying an old Toyota Pickup. I bought the Toyota.

Best decision ever.

Plus, if you wait a year or so, the Xbox will be half the price.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Don't have to pay insurance on an xbox.
                              Gotta pay for the games and the subscription though, along with any accessories required to play the game. Games lose their value nearly instantly as well. Plus, with the rate at which most modern gaming platforms fail, you might well want to buy insurance for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X