H22 Accord vs. the new CR-Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Accord vs. the new CR-Z

Now first off, I'm not one to post about a "kill story" nor do I condone racing on the Highway during prime traffic. I usually tend to satisfy my need for speed on late nights when there is practically no traffic on the highway.

Anyway, I've been trying to stop by the Honda dealer that is 1 of 4 that our company owns and see the new CR-Z, but I haven't had the opportunity. So I happen to see one on the highway, so I slowly manuver over a couple of lanes to get a look at it on the move. I must say it is a nice looking car, from far away it very much looks like its predecessor the CRX. Well as I'm coming along side the car, the driver sees me checking the car, sucks his teeth and gives me the "your car aint shit look". So as traffic opens up with nice clear lanes as far as the eye can see, he throws a shift an proceeds to accelerate. Now between curiosity as to what the CR-Z can do and the arrogance of this young punk, I drop from 4th down to 3rd to open the VTEC, and hit it. Well I was highly disappointed in the CR-Z. He never got the opporunity to pass me or pull away as hard as he tried. There was a point where I was about 6 car lengths a head of him. Well after being unimpressed by its performance, I was just going to floor it and leave him as a spec in my rear view, when I noticed an NYPD blue and white just in front of a tractor trailer about 500 feet ahead. So I back off the gas. Now unfortunately for the arrogant young CR-Z owner he did not see the police, zooms past me and flips me the bird and his hazzards as he passes me. I watch on as he passes the truck and then the flashing lights come on and the police give chase. Not far down the highway, there he is pulled over. So being the friendly and courtesy person that I am, I beep my horn twice and flip him the bird with my arm as far up above my car as I can to ensure he gets a good view of it.

I can't really say much about beating up on a completely stock car, but I expected more from the CR-Z. To me it's the new Honda chick car, until it starts getting some aftermarket support, and maybe some real drivers.
    Last edited by 4U2H8ME; 09-16-2010, 07:05 PM.

Seriously?

You expected a 122HP CRZ hybrid to keep up with your Accord that has like 70HP more and 30 lb-ft more torque?

Really?

I would be ashamed that you even tried to race it. It's primary function isn't speed, it is MPG and decent handling. Put one gallon in each car and then see who wins...
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Honestly, I haven't looked into it's hp rating or any other info about it, being that lately car manufacturers tend to over hype there vehicles. Yes I'm aware it is a hybrid, its been advertized as a "Sporty Hybrid", which I find to be an oximoron. And like I said earlier, I've been meaning to stop by one of my company's Honda dealers to see what it's all about, and the driver obviously thought he had like that, and most of all I let curiosity get the best of me.

Comment

Your signature is too big

And compared to other hybrids it is sporty.

Comment

I saw many of them at dealer today while picking up my parts.
          They are nice compare to others but not much of a power car though.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2H8ME View Post
            Honestly, I haven't looked into it's hp rating or any other info about it, being that lately car manufacturers tend to over hype there vehicles. Yes I'm aware it is a hybrid, its been advertized as a "Sporty Hybrid", which I find to be an oximoron. And like I said earlier, I've been meaning to stop by one of my company's Honda dealers to see what it's all about, and the driver obviously thought he had like that, and most of all I let curiosity get the best of me.
            "Sporty" does not equal "fast." Back in the day, the CRX wasn't fast either, but it most certainly was sporty.

The "sporty" in regards to the CR-Z is relative to other hybrids for starters, which is to say, not the traditional definition of sporty.

However, having said that, it does drive pretty awesome. Yes, it is a little weak on power, but then again, I was having no trouble breaking 40MPG on a car with almost zero miles, while driving it pretty regularly. It handled great and was the first Honda in a long time that didn't feel like it had any cost cutting.

But yes, the schooling of a dipshit kid is funny, and he totally deserved it, it just shouldn't have been an unexpected win.

Comment

Try the race again with an F22A1.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
                Try the race again with an F22A1.
                I have and if your offering up something, bring it!

Comment

[QUOTE=ExplodingCake;2626101]Try the race again with an F22A1.[/QUOT]

Well judging by the way he said he left him I'm sure a stock manual f22 powered accord would hang for sure. Add the big 3 and the accord would prolly bully the crz.
                  My System
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

[QUOTE=tgdrums1990;2626324]
                    Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
                    Try the race again with an F22A1.[/QUOT]

Well judging by the way he said he left him I'm sure a stock manual f22 powered accord would hang for sure. Add the big 3 and the accord would prolly bully the crz.
                    The stock CRZ is about the same speed as the stock Accord...

Considering that it gets about twice the mileage, that isn't so bad...

Comment

wait till that lil crz gets the k20 swap. ur gonna be toast.
                      Last edited by tommi; 09-18-2010, 03:03 AM.
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

What a waste of time..thats like racing a Miata man..lol.
                        Those things are slow as balls

Comment

In hybrid-land, the CR-Z is the ultimate sports car!

It's not fast. The CRX was slow too. The HF only had something like 69hp. That one was made for economy. The Si had what, 130hp? In a tissue box, it's quick.

The CR-Z is a "sporty hybrid". Meant to illustrate that a hybrid CAN be fun. AND that a fun hybrid can be affordable. I'm sure Honda could've made a 13 second sports car with a hybrid drivetrain... and you could expect to pay NSX money for it.
                          I'd like to see the CR-Z appear in non-hybrid form in the future. It'd be pretty sweet to see one with a Civic Si engine in it.

Comment

Didnt CRXs havd B16s in Japan. SIR I think. They are big go carts. And the single and dual cam ZC CRX is quick.
                            http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

The fastest CRX in stock form was still in the 15s in the quarter mile, I believe. They were not fast cars by any means. Of course, a 15.xx second car in the late 80s and early 90s was much faster in comparison to the other cars on the market that it is today. Back then, there were a only a few monsters on the road... mainly American V8s and a handful of Japanese turbo cars. Now just about every manufacturer has something crazy pumping out 300-400+hp

Comment

Working...
                              X