Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

P12 Ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P12 Ecu

I have seen threads about installing the P12 ECU from the Honda Prelude. I think I may buy one off of ebay but, I am curious.
    Is the P12 "plug & play"?
    Will it affect my idle because it is from a different vehicle?
    Seems like it would be self-explanatory but, I am just trying to double check.

Thanks.
    Keep Pushing..

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
    I have seen threads about installing the P12 ECU from the Honda Prelude. I think I may buy one off of ebay but, I am curious.
    Is the P12 "plug & play"?
    Will it affect my idle because it is from a different vehicle?
    Seems like it would be self-explanatory but, I am just trying to double check.

Thanks.
    It is "plug and play"

If you have a bone-stock f22a1, then the ECU will help.

Any gains are negligible for the f22a4.

This ECU will not run an f22a6 correctly.

I hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
      It is "plug and play"

If you have a bone-stock f22a1, then the ECU will help.

Any gains are negligible for the f22a4.

This ECU will not run an f22a6 correctly.

I hope that helps.
      Thank you sir. Yeah, I have a F22a4 so I guess it won't do much.
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

It will help out the A4 a little bit. It already has a higher hp rating due to the exhaust manifold. I don't recall what the manifold off the prelude looks like. If it's the same style as the A4 the benefits will be there. If it's the same style as the A1 4-1 then the gains won't be as much but there will still be some gains.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          It will help out the A4 a little bit. It already has a higher hp rating due to the exhaust manifold. I don't recall what the manifold off the prelude looks like. If it's the same style as the A4 the benefits will be there. If it's the same style as the A1 4-1 then the gains won't be as much but there will still be some gains.
          Prelude f22a1:

Accord f22a4:

Comment

The F22A4 is identical to the F22A1 aside from the exhaust manifold. Because of the tubular manifold, the F22A4 makes 5hp more than the F22A1. It is POSSIBLE that the P12 may result in a 10hp gain over the F22A4's 130hp. The F22A4 and F22A1 both use the same PT3 ECU, so it's a reasonable assumption that the P12 would give a similar gain. It hasn't been proven either way, however. It would require a few dyno pulls with a few different F22A1 and F22A4 engines to really see what the difference would be (the reason for multiple versions of each is that 25+ years can result in drastically different performance for a single engine.)

Comment

Thanks for the inputs, also the pictures for references. I think i'm gonna take a look for the P12, wouldn't hurt to try out. Hopefully I can find one in a local JY around me.
              Yeah my exhaust manifold is a 4-2-1 aftermarket so hopefully that is a good combo.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The F22A4 is identical to the F22A1 aside from the exhaust manifold. Because of the tubular manifold, the F22A4 makes 5hp more than the F22A1. It is POSSIBLE that the P12 may result in a 10hp gain over the F22A4's 130hp. The F22A4 and F22A1 both use the same PT3 ECU, so it's a reasonable assumption that the P12 would give a similar gain. It hasn't been proven either way, however. It would require a few dyno pulls with a few different F22A1 and F22A4 engines to really see what the difference would be (the reason for multiple versions of each is that 25+ years can result in drastically different performance for a single engine.)

Always with the good info, thanks man.
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

No problem.
                  Honestly, it's worth a try. It won't hurt anything either way, so if you can get the P12 for a good price, I say go for it.

Comment

No problem.
                    Honestly, it's worth a try. It won't hurt anything either way, so if you can get the P12 for a good price, I say go for it.
                    Yeah man I think I will look for one. Thanks man.
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Just ordered a P12 today for my F22a4 from ebay..pretty good deal for only $56.95 haha. I ordered from a company called Flag Ship One Inc., & all I see is excellent reviews. Lifetime warranty as well so we'll see what happens!
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

So, I finally put in the P12 & I really do think there is an added difference in the torque. Feels a little more "peppy". 2nd gear is pretty fun & strong lol. Also, in 5th Gear I feel more power.

All the connectors matched up perfectly. I had no trouble starting my car & there were NO CEL CODES after installing the P12.

Only issue that I ran into was the fact that the P12 did not bolt up exactly like the stock ECU. I know it isn't the "best" way to mount the ECU but I zip-tied it down a bunch of times & made sure it would not move around. It's fine with me because it's under the carpet so you can't see it.

So, my opinion is..if you have an F22a4 & want to try the P12, do it! I feel more power for sure.
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Yeah, the Prelude ECUs are shaped a bit differently. After doing my H22A swap, I never even bothered to bolt down my P13. They contain no moving parts, so they don't have to be 100&#37; secure! Zip ties are just fine.

Did you test your gas mileage before the swap? I'm curious to see if the P12 gives better or worse gas mileage over the PT3.

Comment

Yeah, the Prelude ECUs are shaped a bit differently. After doing my H22A swap, I never even bothered to bolt down my P13. They contain no moving parts, so they don't have to be 100% secure! Zip ties are just fine.

Did you test your gas mileage before the swap? I'm curious to see if the P12 gives better or worse gas mileage over the PT3.
                            Haha yeah good ole zip ties come in hand sometimes.

No I did not configure my gas mileage before the swap. Honestly I see no difference between the gas mileages by just kinda estimating in my head. Maybe I need to do a little more driving but I do not see much difference. I also drive normally, not speeding around so I do not see my gas disappearing rapidly compared to before the swap.
                            But check this out!!!
                            Come to find out when I pulled the original ECU it was a PT6! Now, if I am correct, the PT6 is for the A6 motor right?? I was really confused when I pulled it out.
                            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                            X