Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

96 accord swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96 accord swap

hey i got a 96 accord that came with a f22b1 and trying 2 put a h23a3 in it can i use my wire harness and ecu

u could use your wire harness but u wouldnt be able to use your ecu need a p14 ecu

Comment

hey we got cd5tuner.com

Comment

You're going to need a '96 P14 ECU if you want to retain the OBD2 functionality of the car. In addition, you'll also need to source an oil pump with the crankshaft positioning sensors from a 1996-2001 H23A1/H22A1/H22A4. It has to be OBD2 and it has to have provisions for the sensors. If you buy a new pump then your sensors from your F22B1 will swap over.

You'll also need to use the F22B1 harness on the H23A3 but you'll need to add wires for the IABs and knock sensor. You can make your own or you can buy something like this and not use the VTEC wires:
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtec-Sub-Har...a95d2c&vxp=mtr
        They may even custom make you one without VTEC wires for cheaper if you ask.

The distributor is another area of concern. You'll want to follow a method like this only using your F22B1 internals in the H23A3 DOHC distributor.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190946

The fuel rail and injectors from the F22B1 can be used without issue on the H23A3 intake manifold but please replace the injector seals.

You may or may not be able to use the H23A3 timing side mount bracket. It came from a 5th generation Accord in Europe known as the Accord 2.3i SR so it would indicate that the bracket would give you no problems.

The header is going to be your only real issue. The upper portion can come from an F22A/H23A1 but the lower portion is longer. You'll need the lower portion from an F22B1 header. If you use the OEM H23A3 upper then you may not have a problem mating them together. If you go with a cheap aftermarket stainless one then you may need to get the same version for an F22B1 as well and pair the upper and lower.
        Last edited by Jarrett; 01-08-2014, 02:34 AM.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

help

i got everything on the accord and all but i need 2 bypass the crank sensor can anybody tell me how 2 do this.. im finding gobs on how 2 do that on civice and tegs but not on the accords. thats all i got left 2 do. help plz o ya my bad guys its a f22b2 not b1
          Last edited by tre cox; 01-11-2014, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I can't understand you enough to help. Please use big boy words and explain your problem clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by tre cox View Post
              i got all the sensors/parts on the accord ,but i need to bypass the crank sensor, can anybody lead me in the right direction on how to do this

i'm finding lots of info on how to do it but only on on civics and integras but no info on the accords. thats all i got left to do.

i need help please

oh yea my bad guys the engine is an f22b2 not b1
              fixed
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Thank you for fixing that for me.. so can anybody tell me how 2 bypass that crank sensor..I really don't want to buy a new ecu and a jumper.. can I do it in the same manner as you can on civics and such?

Comment

can i take my f22b2 dizzy which is external and put the guts in my h23a3 dizzy which is internal

Comment

You do realize that you're asking questions regarding an OBD2 5th generation Accord on a site dedicated to OBD1 4th generation Accords, right? The things you're asking are considerably different from what the people here are familiar with.
                    Furthermore, you are typing like a child. You are not txting your little girlfriend. You are asking experienced adults how to fix your car. Show some respect. Especially since you're posting on the wrong website. There is a site dedicated to your model Accord. I know that for a fact, because I own it. I'll let you join if you promise to type like a big boy.

Comment

You keep asking how to bypass the crank sensor but any ECU retaining OBD2 functionality, other than a JDM ECU, is going to look for them. Read what I typed, not what you want to hear.

If you want to bypass them then purchase an OBD2 JDM H22A distributor and route the CKP wiring to the distributor plugs.

That's the last answer I'm giving you as this isn't relevant to this site.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

it'd be easier to convert the motor to obd1 then swap
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

That would require changing the OBD2 car to OBD1 as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X