Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a6 to an a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a6 to an a1

I am putting an a1 into my 92 ex because I got the motor cheap. What do I need to do about the ecu? Do I use the pt6 or use the p12. I know the butterfly valves in plenum are controlled by the pt6, but is there any way to control them with the p12? I'm keeping the plenum and intake mani but not the head off of a6. I'm new here so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question. All the stuff ive seen is the opposite. A1 to A6.

keep the camshaft and intake manifold and put it into the a1 to make it a6 and u could use the pt6 (f22a6) ecu and your car will run just fine

Comment

Thanx dude. I got my mechanic bringing the old motor back so I guess ill pull off the a6 head and swap them out.

Comment

thats perfect goodluck on the swap and hope everything goes well for u

Comment

Originally posted by mikeys92cb7 View Post
          Thanx dude. I got my mechanic bringing the old motor back so I guess ill pull off the a6 head and swap them out.
          Theres no need to swap the heads, just the cam and intake manifold.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
            Theres no need to swap the heads, just the cam and intake manifold.
            agreed. half the work
            visit vgruk

Comment

Aren't the springs different off the a6? And how hard ks it to pull just the cam? I'm a novice as a mechanic! Ive been working kn kitchens since I was 16. Not on cars... lol

Comment

It's not difficult. i suggest getting a manual for the procedure and torque specs.

Comment

It cant hurt to give it a shot! I'm still waiting on the dude to finish the motor swap so as soon as I get car and motor back I'm gonna start.

Comment

im kinda confused are u doing the swap or someone else doing the swap?

Comment

I have a p12 in my accord now with a a4 I wonder if that's why it doesn't accelerate right now. I used to have a a1 before my car got totaled, but I had no choice but to switch from a1 to a4. Question is why are you switching from a6 to a1? I thought a6 had a little more pep to it..
                      For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

I have a mechanic doing the swap for me. I'm gonna try and swap the cam myself. I'm going from the a6 to the a1 because I found motor cheap. Also i couldn't find an a6 with low miles. The a1 has 110k. Once I get the cam in I'm going back to the pt6 that was originally in it. I'm keeping intake mani and plenum as well

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
                          I have a p12 in my accord now with a a4 I wonder if that's why it doesn't accelerate right now. I used to have a a1 before my car got totaled, but I had no choice but to switch from a1 to a4. Question is why are you switching from a6 to a1? I thought a6 had a little more pep to it..
                          The P12 is appropriate for an F22A4 (which is essentially an F22A1 with a better exhaust manifold.)
                          Let's not sneak your own problems into this thread, however. Stick to the question at hand, and ONLY the question at hand.

Comment

So my mechanic got the motor in and its rums great but it seems that the head gasket is fried! How hard is it to change the gasket? Again I'm a novice as a mechanic...

Comment

My rule of thumb is this: if you have to ask "how hard", it's too hard.

www.helminc.com
                              Go there, and get the manual for your car. All the steps and specs will be there. Following that will be much easier and more effective than posts on a forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X