Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cleaning Engine Bay-HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woah thats quite a lot of work. But i started it again today and she ran like a champ, so pretty happy with the results. I also got my DIY short ram intake properly installed the coupler was nonexistant and now it is finally in place lol
    ne ways i cant wait for a sunny day to take her out for a spin
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

just while yous are on the topic

my engine is pretty filthy wil grime etc(i bought it like that)
      i was wondering what i need to do before washing it
      what do i need to cover etc?
      once i cover what ever i need to, is spraying degreaser and then using high pressure water fine?

any other advice?
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ash View Post

once i cover what ever i need to, is spraying degreaser and then using high pressure water fine?

any other advice?
        thanks
        x2

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
        "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

it could possibly be wet spark plugs and/or wires check those out...because if one plug is arcing as a result of water your engine will run like crap, which in turn would make your steering wheel rattle...obviously somthing is wet and you need to dry it, wd 40 will displace water

EDIT: just saw your post lol and i see its working fine...but incase this should happen next time you wash your engine, water might be in your plug wells
          Last edited by carps_accord; 03-25-2009, 06:11 PM.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

Originally posted by ash View Post

any other advice?
            thanks
            Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
            x2
            Sorry for the uber late reply guys,
            well i was kind of an idiot and sprayed over all the electronics, distributor, and stuff. Which normally wouldnt be a problem, but i geuss some seals were dried out and brittle and obviously let water in. Be careful bout that!
            Also make sure u cover ure intake if u have a cone one like mine. What i did was take it off and put a shopping bag over it. The most retarted thing ive done with my car is this next part. dont do this LOL
            i started it up, and it was all bogged down so i was like wtf? then i go to the front and turn the accelerator thing, and totally forgot that there was a bag on my intake. I instantly grabbed the bag as my car nearly ate it!
            i was so shit scared LOL
            ne ways other than that just spray some simple green round the really bad areas watch out for spraying near the electronics and you should be fine

Originally posted by carps_accord View Post
            it could possibly be wet spark plugs and/or wires check those out...because if one plug is arcing as a result of water your engine will run like crap, which in turn would make your steering wheel rattle...obviously somthing is wet and you need to dry it, wd 40 will displace water

EDIT: just saw your post lol and i see its working fine...but incase this should happen next time you wash your engine, water might be in your plug wells
            Yeh, cept now when i start her she runs at an ubbber low idle, so to compensate on cold days i just press the gas for a bit to about 2k revs until she heats up and shes all good
            ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
            X