• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok its a 1973 240z 4 speed manual.
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

So we all know the cams are different from the auto and the manuel ones. But could i just throw the type s cams or aftermarket ones that are just like the type s ones in and play? I mean i know a tune would be needed but could i drive on it for a little while? Also there hydrolic lifters right? Are thos different from the auto to manuel? Im hoping some one who has taken one of these apart will chime in.
      Accord SE

93se
      Members Ride
      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
      Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Technically yes you could, Type S cams and the manual F20b cams are pretty much the same, but yeah I would hook up a logger to it to see if you need to adjust anything, and no they aren't they are like most if not all Honda engines, you have to manually adjust the valve lash
        Last edited by almostJDM; 11-28-2012, 02:21 AM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
        1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Okay so forgive me if someone answered this already, but i just purchased a f20b, with the auto tranny, the f20b wire harness and the f20b ecu all for $900..
          Now i read in this tread that i should use the f22a wire harness that's already on my car and i would then need to swap the top half of the h22 intake manifold along with the h22 obd1 injectors and a few other things..
          Now my question is why can't i use the f20b wire harness and ecu and injectors? How difficult would that be?? I had a friend try to tell me it would only need a jumper harness. But his knowledge to cb7's is kinda lacking lol.
          once again i thanx for the feed back i would try to search more through the website but im on my android phone at work and its a pain in the ass lol

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD FOR MY 92 ACCORD LX WAGON CURRENT
          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD FOR MY 92 ACCORD EX SEDANSOLD

Comment

First off, your question is not an entirely dumb one so giving excuses to why you can't search just opens yourself up for unnecessary criticism. Being on a phone is no excuse, I do it all the time. However, like I said, this is not a stupid question.

You want to use your F22A harness because it will plug into the other harnesses already in the engine bay. If you were going to run the OBD2 F20B harness you'd need to modify a LOT of the existing wiring or get the chassis harnesses from the donor car also. What is so daunting about putting the F22A harness on the F20B? It's nearly the same job as removing the F20B harness and reinstalling it from a difficulty standpoint. You will need to add IAB wiring and you can get the plug end you'll need from a junkyard car. You'll also need to wire up the VTEC solenoid and add a pressure switch from another VTEC car (F22B1s and D16Z6 junkyard cars are great for this.). Again plug ends can be found in the junkyard.

The manifold, injectors and distributor give you options.

You can either swap to an OBD1 plenum that uses a 2-wire IACV or you can get an adapter that will allow you to run your F22A IACV on your OBD2 plenum. Either way, the engine harness and ECU need that 2-wire plenum.

The injectors can either be replaced with OBD1 units and require no modifications or you can delete the resistor box and use the ones that came with the engine.

The distributor is fine but the wiring harness needs to be addressed. You need to either convert your engine harness to 1 connector or your OBD2 distributor to 2. Check out stoner51's thread covering this. It's pretty self-explanatory. Or, if you'd prefer plug and play then an OBD1 H22/H23 ditributor will work fine given that you should already have an external coil.

If you have questions over any of these steps please search them out as they're covered many times on this forum.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

It looks like a pretty straight forward swap minus getting the head gasket and proper timing belt. My question pertains to an already swapped H22 into a CB7. It seems all the parts should already be in the car at this point. I know if I was going to swap out my H22 for a F20B there are going to be somethings that Mr. Murphy will throw at me. My guess is wiring if anything.

Onto the question now, I don't see any reason why the H22 exhaust manifold would not just bolt up to the F20B. I read on this forum and honda-tech that it should work, please correct me if I am wrong. Along with that I can take a lot of parts, VTEC Solenoid, Distributor, Intake Manifold and my chipped ECU (getting it retuned if I complete this swap) from my H22.

The final question I have is that the driver side engine mount I have for the H22 should just bolt in with the F20B, correct me if I am wrong please.

hmotorsonline also sells F20B head gaskets, although not the full kit it is the head gasket for the F20B. In a pinch those that can't afford the full kit from TracieS's link can get one there.
              My MRT

White Devil Owned by Axle
              Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Yes to all of your questions.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I would like to add there are a million and one ways to make this swap work but as I stated this is the easiest and most logical way to go about it.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by axle View Post
                    hmotorsonline also sells F20B head gaskets, although not the full kit it is the head gasket for the F20B. In a pinch those that can't afford the full kit from TracieS's link can get one there.
                    Added to first post

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      Yes to all of your questions.
                      Straight and to the point, Thanks for the answer Jarrett.
                      My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Originally posted by TracieS View Post
                        Added to first post
                        This is the link.
                        http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/wh...#Miscellaneous

It is under the BB4 92-96 Preludes section.

F20B OEM Honda Head Gasket - Brand New OEM Head Gasket. $99.00

14400-PCB-004 F20B OEM Honda Timing Belt - Brand New F20B OEM Timing Belt For a F20B engine only. $125.00

F20B/Euro R Single Belt Crank Pulley - Brand New OEM Honda Pulley, Will Fit All F,H Series Motors $155.00

Finally, one last thing I forgot to ask. I noticed that all H Series and F series Transmissions work on both engine. I figure that this would be true with the swap also.
                        Last edited by axle; 02-21-2013, 12:23 PM.
                        My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Originally posted by axle View Post
                          Finally, one last thing I forgot to ask. I noticed that all H Series and F series Transmissions work on both engine. I figure that this would be true with the swap also.
                          Yes im running a h22 tranny on my f20.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Yes im running a h22 tranny on my f20.
                            Do you havea build thread in the members ride section of the Forum? I would like to read that if you do.

Starting to get the itch of a swap for the first time since I sold my old EG...
                            My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Yea the link right under my pic in my sig
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=169305

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Yea the link right under my pic in my sig
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=169305
                                Thanks, I am going to sit down for a while and give this a good read. I am getting excited about possibly doing this :-)
                                My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Working...
                                X