Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

$50 Paintjob/Cancer Treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$50 Paintjob/Cancer Treatment?

So i am 16 years old, and my father gave me his 92 as my first car.<br> My father is a mechanic, so this car engine wise is perfect.<br> BUT, my father does not care about the apperience of his car. <br> It has some cancer on the rear quarters, and the paint on the car is done, there is no remedy.<br> The more i read about the 50.00 paintjob, the more i want to do it. I count with about 200.00, to fix the rust/rot, and paint my car.<br> What do you guys think i should do? Can anybody give me detailed instructions on how to do the repairs and the roller paint job on this car.<br> Thanks. Here are some pics.<br><br><br><br>
    Last edited by Dominicano1025; 08-19-2009, 01:52 PM.

Replacement panels:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=113942

As for a DIY for roller painting:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+paint+&aqi=g2

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano1025 View Post
      So i am 16 years old, and my father gave me his 92 as my first car.<br> My father is a mechanic, so this car engine wise is perfect.<br> BUT, my father does not care about the apperience of his car. <br> It has some cancer on the rear quarters, and the paint on the car is done, there is no remedy.<br> The more i read about the 50.00 paintjob, the more i want to do it. I count with about 200.00, to fix the rust/rot, and paint my car.<br> What do you guys think i should do? Can anybody give me detailed instructions on how to do the repairs and the roller paint job on this car.<br> Thanks. Here are some pics.<br><br><br><br>
      Those panels are very bad. However, get replacement quarter panel. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
      Bisimoto Engineering
      1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
      2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
      3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

why would you roller paint it id just spray bomb it. im not trying to thrash no one but ive never herd of roller painting a car

Comment

Originally posted by zonda View Post
          why would you roller paint it id just spray bomb it. im not trying to thrash no one but ive never herd of roller painting a car
          i suggest you might like to read this thread then.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ller+paint+job

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano1025 View Post
            You can fix that easy man...how's the interior?

Originally posted by checarter15
            you go it buy the quarter panel and them paint it at Maaco for $400 bucks,,,,
            seriously...please chill with this same HUGE ASS pic of your ride man...takes up the whole page
            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
              seriously...please chill with this same HUGE ASS pic of your ride man...takes up the whole page
              hahahaha..x2

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                hahahaha..x2
                x3

haha

<br> doesnt work here man
                Viva la CB7!

Comment

good luck

Comment

lol first off, deff learn the code for the forum! and host your pics in a private ablum on myspace or something! it will resize them to the perfect size for posting on here.

on to your questions, those panels are toast. Only right way to do it at this point is cut it out, and weld in new! Being 16 im going to assum you cant do this your self. Maybe your dad can help? i dunno lot of mechanics cant weld to be honest... So that might be pretty expensive!

You could possibly be better off trying to sell the car, and going out and buying a cleaner shell. But say you get all that taken care of,

The roller paint job is actually quite nice for what it is!! It doesnt cost no 50 bucks though, will run you more closer to 100. Takes a LOT of time and a TOOOOOONNNN of sanding, i mean seriously, your going to be sanding for days. So start working out now and build up those arm muscles lol. But when done properly, and sanded like a mad man on cocane, the end result turns out very nice for the price. 1000 times better than ANY macco paint job!

check out this link:

http://www.rollyourcar.com

Goood luck bud!
                    For all your Powder Coating Needs and More!
                    www.getcolorcoated.com

Comment

man get some paint match, fibreglass the inside/outside repaint clear and call it a day
                      Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

i hope your not talking about fiberglassing over the rust? That is not the way to do it, and will not last long at all. that will crack out sooo fast.
                        www.getcolorcoated.com

Comment

You get what you pay for.

Unless you do a thorough job of removing the rust, you're just throwing money away I would think.

Comment

never said it wud last but it wud work for a quick fixer up er...
                            Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Originally posted by GearBangnAccord View Post
                              never said it wud last but it wud work for a quick fixer up er...
                              Im really not trying to be a dick... But OP, dont listen to this guy... He isnt the fastest part under the hood.....

Fiberglassing over the rust is not a fix, will not work, and will cause a lot more problems than its worth. You'll just be redoing it in a month or 2 tops.

You would have better luck spraying por15 over the rust and stuffing the hole full of bondo...

Please dont take that suggestion seriously either.

If your extremely hard up for cash and really cant justify doing it the correct way... Well Hit all the rust with por15, and get your self some devcon. Fill the voids with that stuff, let it set up propperly, and then smooth it out with a thin layer of body filler. Again. Try your hardest to just do it the right way! it will be well worth it. But i can understand not wanting to fork out thousands in body work for a car thats only worth a grand.
                              www.getcolorcoated.com

Comment

Working...
                              X