X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog breeds on the decline

http://dogbehaviorscience.wordpress....d-improvement/

Excerpt:
    There was a time when the GSD could clear a 2.5 meter (8.5 ft) wall, that time is long gone.
    GSD = German Shepard

Imagine tossing a Frisbee on the roof. Fido could just hop on up there and get it down.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

I always wanted a bull terrier but couldn't get over how ugly the head was. I like the old version better

Comment

Doberman's FTW
      93 Honda Accord Lx
      Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Comment

umm....

weird.

My GSD (before he passed away) easily jumped my 7.5 foot wall when there was fireworks or thunder.

My dachshund/terrier mix can easily jump 3.5 feet (height of my bed, it has storage underneath). I guess it depends on the individual vs. the breed.

I think this might be a generalization of show dogs (not real working dogs).

... weird.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
          umm....

weird.

My GSD (before he passed away) easily jumped my 7.5 foot wall when there was fireworks or thunder.

My dachshund/terrier mix can easily jump 3.5 feet (height of my bed, it has storage underneath). I guess it depends on the individual vs. the breed.

I think this might be a generalization of show dogs (not real working dogs).

... weird.
          Well, this makes me feel better.
          I haven't been able to buy a dog of my own. Having a dog that could jump more than a foot higher than me would be awesome.
          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Its called evolution.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
              Its called devolution.
              Fixed that for you
              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Evolution occurs naturally. Dogs are bred and their genes are easily manipulated by humans, from the short legged ones to the way their skulls are shaped its all done through selective breeding.
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by PUMASTi View Post
                  Evolution occurs naturally. Dogs are bred and their genes are easily manipulated by humans, from the short legged ones to the way their skulls are shaped its all done through selective breeding.
                  This.

Dogs being less athletic is hardly a case for evolution. We as humans have fucked with their genes so much over time they haven't had a chance to "evolve" naturally. In most cases they're bred for looks not physical prowess. Case in point; English Bulldog. That poor thing is a physiological mess.

So if a 'GSD' from 2013 can't clear a wall that a 'GSD' from 1950 could, it's not the dogs fault, it's most likely ours.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                    Fixed that for you
                    Yep thats right, you "Fixed" it.
                    You fixed it the same way humans "Fixed" the evolution of dogs - By changing it to what YOU wanted.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                      Yep thats right, you "Fixed" it.
                      You fixed it the same way humans "Fixed" the evolution of dogs - By changing it to what YOU wanted.
                      Your use of the word "YOU" in the last sentence makes me wonder if you aren't human?
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Guys, I made this with the intent that we're making dogs WORSE.
                        The article highlights the flaws we're introducing to them. Nothing about this is good.
                        MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Selective breeding is how we have domesticated dogs in the first place. And it's how we have different breeds.

Just throwing that out there.
                          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Inbred, over bred its rediculous. This is something I haven't thought about in a long time. I used to work at a pet store that truly cared about the animals. They did not sell dogs or cats they only offer adoption from local agencies, while other stores are in it for the money. When I used to see a pure bread dog I knew I was looking at a misinformed owner. Or if not misinformed than not an animal lover. I just looked it up. Every 11 seconds an animal is put to sleep in the united states. That's an estimated over 3 million dogs and cats. 4 million dogs are bread each year so for you to buy a golden retriever you killed at least one other dog at the same time. It's a huge problem that the pure bred owner causes. The owner however is not responsible for the way the dog got to the pet store in a factory that makes mike vick look like an animal rights activist. You might say well I bought mine from a private seller. What happens if they don't sell them while they are puppies? Let's just say they don't all go to happy families on Christmas. Now I'm gonna try and forget this because I have more important things to hate.
                            ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
                              pure bread dog.

LOL Sorry, just had to.

Comment

Working...
                              X