No announcement yet.

jamin_jacob : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v mounted my radiator and tucked it away along with making a cover plate and the stock cross beam to clean the look up a bit

my buddy Anthony Morales hooked it up and did some headlights for me
    also tinted my side markers

took my old fuel pump out n replaced it with an ethonal compatible pump

replace my rear lower control arms with some bb6 adjustable control arms from weapon r

also replace the spherical bushing with some bearings

finally got my engine back from the machine shop 4-5 month later

ruff of the emblem on my valve cover

made a shift knob from an old jdm h22 camshaft with a special touch

becuase you guys insisted in me getting on of these i did have got to use it yet but im sure it will come in handy

picked up a "new" crankshaft because my engine builder did want to used oversized bearing on such a high-performance build

should be getting the short block back late next week just waiting on the pins for the balance shaft delete to come in
    No marathon gets easier later. ...

Comment

Looking great man!

Comment

got my engine bay all painted and finished

and a few shot from my engine builder

he made a video of checking oil pump clearances

https://www.facebook.com/NRLEengines...7099955142918/

been running into a lot of complications getting the motor built. guess when i got my arias piston the wrist pin were all mismatched and did not fit into the pistons and the length was too long to fit inside the keepers. the previous owner had the pistons line bored dude to that I have to get a new bushing made for my rods & custom wrist pins.

Comment

Looks like a great build. Good luck on completion and long lasting fun!
          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
          01-01-2019

Comment

Looks like a pro build, what are your plans again for this? Just NA?

Comment

i deffinetly wanna run some spray down the road and do some competive na drag racing.

but ive cam into a problem with the cam.. the lobe contact the rocker assembly and no one make aftermarket rocker so im going to have to do some jury rigging i think ....fml

and now for the sad part

probably going to be running the oem cams for the time being until i can find some h23a1 rockers and do some modifying to them i might be purchasing another f22b dohc block from facebook marketplace to mock up the cams and do the modifying

if anyone has any suggestions im open to anything i would really wanna make these hi lift cams work they screaming more power

Comment

I have my old f22b head laying around and I believe I have an h23 head too. I haven’t opened all the boxes since the move. I can’t remember if I scrapped it or not. Let me know if you need anything and I’ll see if I can find the h23 head when I get back from vacation next week.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  I have my old f22b head laying around and I believe I have an h23 head too. I haven’t opened all the boxes since the move. I can’t remember if I scrapped it or not. Let me know if you need anything and I’ll see if I can find the h23 head when I get back from vacation next week.
                  yea I would love to do some business later when you find time to looking for the h23 head. id purchase them if you willing to part ways with it

by chance do you know if there any difference between the two?

Comment

Originally posted by jamin_jacob View Post
                    yea I would love to do some business later when you find time to looking for the h23 head. id purchase them if you willing to part ways with it

by chance do you know if there any difference between the two?
                    I believe the only difference is in the head itself, which as we know is the oil passages are a little different. I have used h23 rockers in the f22b head before and didn’t have any issues. I’ll look either today or tomorrow for the head.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Almost looks like after market valve springs?

Comment

I must have scrapped the h23 head. But I still have my f22b head and it is pretty much no good since 3 of the cam cap bolt holes are stripped out and I don’t think you can tap and thread a bigger bolt in the head.
                        ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                          I must have scrapped the h23 head. But I still have my f22b head and it is pretty much no good since 3 of the cam cap bolt holes are stripped out and I don’t think you can tap and thread a bigger bolt in the head.
                          that's alright bud I really appreciate you looking.

I'll be making some seat rails for a prelude guy in trade for his h23a1 so it all works out. I talked to Jon from delta and he told me what to do to fix the problem but the motor had to go back to the machine shop to get the valves pushed higher into the valve seat and shim the valve so the rocker sits at less of an angle

Comment

looks good jacob
                            My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

update !

update

ditched the f22b dohc head cause no one could firgure the cam problem out sadly

went g22 (h22 head )

fully built with

crower stage 3 cam

supertech springs n retainers

ferrera valves n guides

skunk 2 titanium cam gears

84576809_493011804747629_5967567851874156544_n by jacob harmon, on Flickr

84602195_538303973709596_6204023466719444992_n by jacob harmon, on Flickr

84731197_1931470063644561_4184120984728502272_n by jacob harmon, on Flickr

84666696_191247872263848_4199163244394315776_n by jacob harmon, on Flickr

84608540_263948857917253_1022724286902697984_n by jacob harmon, on Flickr

Comment

I gotta say I'm very impressed with your build. The engine bay looks fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X