No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theres a hydrogen version of this floating around the net, youre basically adding it on the fly with a generator under the hood, the supplemental H induces a cleaner more efficient stronger burn. some have gone as far as running the whole car totally off of H with an onboard generator in the trunk, switching from petrol when the optimum conditions are met. but theres a whole slew of efficiency issues making it on the fly, power in is more than power out. Some guy (ford?) did this in the mid 30s with a generator, tank and pressure switch..very dangerous to drive around with a large tank of compressed hydrogen and oxygen lol. itd generate till a pressure switch shut it all down and kick on as needed while driving.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
      theres a hydrogen version of this floating around the net, youre basically adding it on the fly with a generator under the hood, the supplemental H induces a cleaner more efficient stronger burn. some have gone as far as running the whole car totally off of H with an onboard generator in the trunk, switching from petrol when the optimum conditions are met. but theres a whole slew of efficiency issues making it on the fly, power in is more than power out. Some guy (ford?) did this in the mid 30s with a generator, tank and pressure switch..very dangerous to drive around with a large tank of compressed hydrogen and oxygen lol. itd generate till a pressure switch shut it all down and kick on as needed while driving.
      I have looked at hydrogen generators on the net and it is something I have been tempted with for several years now.

I made another device about a year ago that produced Hydrogen using PVC pipe, stainless steel rods, H20 and a 12 volt battery. It did produce hydrogen but not enough to even think about doing anything with. It filled two balloons in 12 hours.

I may end up getting more serious with this kind of thing...

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        I have looked at hydrogen generators on the net and it is something I have been tempted with for several years now.

I made another device about a year ago that produced Hydrogen using PVC pipe, stainless steel rods, H20 and a 12 volt battery. It did produce hydrogen but not enough to even think about doing anything with. It filled two balloons in 12 hours.

I may end up getting more serious with this kind of thing...
        lol i made a little 4 plate cell from some scrap ss exhaust pieces and 309l rod threw it on my inverter welder and it was cranking out some hho..so abut 30v @ 180 amps, the cell input rods got orange hot so that wasn't viable, but it was cool. i want to make a little generator to power a sort of desktop hobby torch since the hho flame can pretty much burn anything. The dry cell looked pretty cool although expensive whats good is you can experiment. I was thinking PWM and amps/inverters all that sort of stuff to efficiently crack water yeahh

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
          lol i made a little 4 plate cell from some scrap ss exhaust pieces and 309l rod threw it on my inverter welder and it was cranking out some hho..so abut 30v @ 180 amps, the cell input rods got orange hot so that wasn't viable, but it was cool. i want to make a little generator to power a sort of desktop hobby torch since the hho flame can pretty much burn anything. The dry cell looked pretty cool although expensive whats good is you can experiment. I was thinking PWM and amps/inverters all that sort of stuff to efficiently crack water yeahh
          That sounds awesome! I never even thought about doing that with a welder ... sounds like you like to play with this stuff a bit!

If I remember correctly an hho flame can get as hot as 8000*C...

Comment

Whats up Josh!
            I like your turd

I still have those one piecers you sold me yet never installed them....

Keep up the goood work

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
            BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
            Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
            CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
              Whats up Josh!
              I like your turd

I still have those one piecers you sold me yet never installed them....

Keep up the goood work

Hey David!

Thanks man, I just keep working on it. Bored I guess.

Comment

Found the color I'm going with.

Comment

HAHAHA! I just realized something!

All this time, I was reading your username as "H three eleven R A one fifty one N" and not knowing what to make of it. I figured out that it's code for "Hell raisin'"!

I'm a big fan of the dark green color shades.
                  *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                  ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                  ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                  "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                  The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                  Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                    HAHAHA! I just realized something!

All this time, I was reading your username as "H three eleven R A one fifty one N" and not knowing what to make of it. I figured out that it's code for "Hell raisin'"!

I'm a big fan of the dark green color shades.
                    HELLRAISIN'

I don't think most people get it, I'm glad you did! I made it up as my first Xbox Live username years ago. Like when the first Halo was popular. I have used it for everything requiring a username ever since.

I really like dark green myself, super stoked to have a "nice" CB again. The body is what I can't stand about this thing. So much work to be done.

Comment

I have some things up in the air.

What I'm sure about is I have a JDM F22B DOHC head on the way. I have three F22Ax short blocks, H23 IM, H23 TB & A6 runners.

What I'm contemplating is H23A1 cams which are an upgrade for the F22B DOHC. I'm also looking at having Delta grind me some cams.

I'm looking at Arias pistons in about the 9.2:1 compression range. The reason being is so I can go turbo easier if I choose to later on.

I'm also looking at a shorter geared LSD trans...

Comment

Painted my valve cover today. Turned out pretty well for no more time than I had in it. The right front hole has silicone in it due to a pin hole. This valve cover came off an engine I bought off craigslist like that. It will not be visible once it's has the seals and washers installed, thankfully. The pin hole looks to be a manufacture defect.

After flat black engine enamel.

After Duplicolor Clear Effex.

Comment

Did you clear it? All my shit chips some. I do take a good while with prep so I don't think that is it.

Looks great by the way.

Steve

Comment

Yeah the Duplicolor ClearFX is a clear with metallic flake. I have not had any chipping issues. Even after years. I just use a tack cloth, primer, paint and clear. My last valve cover was awesome.

Crappy pics but you get a better idea of the flake.

Comment

Wow I really like that color on the valve cover! I was thinking of doing something like that to my engine bay!
                              Originally posted by cb9love
                              when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

I loved it. I still have it it's just not on an engine. And how I got that color was by mistake. It's one hell of a combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X