My cb will forever be a project car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cb will forever be a project car

I've mentioned various times before how I'm a college student etc etc. and how my cb was giving me the ultimate headache so I've decided that it's time to permanently put it in the garage and use left over cash from my pocket to build it up. This will possibly prevent me from cheaping out on it to achieve the look I want.

While my CB sits in the garage waiting to be wrenched on, i will be purchasing a 2014 Mustang this summer. Ford offers this college incentive program that seems be pretty good. Plus Ford will match the GM employee discount my family gets so that's up to $5k I don't have to worry about. Ultimately making the car extremely affordable. All of this would be fine and dandy if I had some credit lol. I hate being 19 and no credit. Thank god for co-signers. And it's just the base mustang with an appearance package and manual transmission. Really looking foward to this. I had a friend buy his 2013 mustang brand new at 19 and got a 4% APR finance rate so I'm not too worried.

Just thought I would let you guys know about my upcoming big purchase/good news.

Wait a couple months and snag the all-new 2015 Mustang instead!

Comment

don't get a mustang...get something you wouldnt want to upgrade ever. get a focus or a fiesta and youll appreciate your project so much more.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

That's good advice. Too many projects = no finished projects.

Though a Mustang (GT especially) won't really need much in the way of mods. I've got a 400hp car in my driveway now, and honestly... I have NO desire to modify it beyond that. I can't even use that much power!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Wait a couple months and snag the all-new 2015 Mustang instead!
          I would but I don't really like the styling too much, and that's just too new lol. I really like the 2014 and the prices are sure to drop within the next 3 months.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          don't get a mustang...get something you wouldnt want to upgrade ever. get a focus or a fiesta and youll appreciate your project so much more.
          I would have more desire to mod/upgrade a focus or fiesta more than a mustang. That's in all honesty. It's basically gonna be more of a DD. The Mustang is not really worth upgrading in V6 form to me. I don't even have the desire to upgrade it as is and I don't even have it yet. I just know it's gonna be expensive too. I'll be buying the Mustang not leasing so if I ever want to mod it, it would probably be after I pay it off.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            That's good advice. Too many projects = no finished projects.
            Ain't that the truth

OP, glad to hear you aren't giving up!

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
            BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
            Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
            CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Yea man my cb has been giving me the blues and the thought of selling it to get it out of my hair has crossed many times but I spent 2 years looking for it, not giving up on it so I'll just get a "place holder". I'll probably end up giving the Mustang to my sister once my CB is completed. So I guess in about 2 years lol

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                I would but I don't really like the styling too much, and that's just too new lol. I really like the 2014 and the prices are sure to drop within the next 3 months.

I would have more desire to mod/upgrade a focus or fiesta more than a mustang. That's in all honesty. It's basically gonna be more of a DD. The Mustang is not really worth upgrading in V6 form to me. I don't even have the desire to upgrade it as is and I don't even have it yet. I just know it's gonna be expensive too. I'll be buying the Mustang not leasing so if I ever want to mod it, it would probably be after I pay it off.
                i guess its different with everyone. i leave my subaru stock so i can't get in trouble. the new v6's are pretty fast though.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I rode in a 2013 or 2012 mustang. Can't remember, the driver punched it while we were doing about 55mph maybe 60ish. That sucker punched me into the seat that's what sold me. And that was just the V6 model. Don't even want to ride in the V8 out of fear of how much I will want it.

Comment

I used to think anything under 300 whp was too much, then I got something that put 280 to the wheels and it's just too easy to get yourself up to speeds that become borderline stupid.

I think if I were to buy a Mustang GT, I'd focus on upgrades that make the driving experience itself better (revised shifter to improve feel if needed, suspension tweaks to tighten things up, etc, etc)

Comment

I think mustangs in general just need suspension work straight from the factory. They have smooth rides but they don't handle like it's competition. Still a capable car but mostly in straight line performance.

I recently started cross shopping even though my heart is set on the mustang. Payments aren't what worry me. It's insurance. I was getting quotes from different places. Lowest I could get was from progressive and it was like $451 a month on top of a $280 car payment.

Others I've considered are the 2012-14 Civic Si coupe in taffeta white
                      Jeep liberty (KK) w/ skyslider
                      Jeep wrangler
                      Honda accord coupe (2008-12) preferably V6, must have 6speed
                      Last edited by ThatOneAccord; 04-29-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X