Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=307513

do want so bad..

depending on how much my tax return is i might just go for it...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
      Thanks!

If you can get one with less than 200k miles and no major mechanical issues for a good price, and without rust, DO IT! You won't regret it.
      What's rust? I live in So Cal ^.^ ahahaha that's a foreign word to us lol I probably will though. what's a good price for one??
      1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
      For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Depends...the 318's go for about a grand or more less than a comparable 325. $3k or less for a well sorted 325i or 325e is a really great deal around here but most are asking $5k for 200k+mile beaters. $7-8k for a mint 325i with sub-200k miles. Or on the high end there was a car dealer selling one for $15k recently. It had ~35k original miles and was immaculate.

Swapped cars go for upwards of $5k, more if it's an S motor and/or caged. The market for older bimmers is exploding lately, especially the E30's since they're killer track cars. I got lucky and snagged one for a steal before the prices shot sky high..not sure what the market is like in so-cal, but im sure it's similar since rust isn't really an issue up here either. The east coast has the rust issues since they salt the roads. I've seen some go for $1.5-2k out there..

Best of luck finding one, man. If you have the money for a nice i or iS, whether it be a 325 or 318, it's a really fun investment.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

There's an M 5 series for sale for 1200. Didn't look at the miles but super clean inside, m motor, rebuilt. 5 speed as well. I'm thinking about it though or a eclipse gst. It wouold be to flip though for cash.
          1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
          For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
            There's an M 5 series for sale for 1200. Didn't look at the miles but super clean inside, m motor, rebuilt. 5 speed as well. I'm thinking about it though or a eclipse gst. It wouold be to flip though for cash.
            M5 for $1200? i highly doubt it. Even a 5-series M sport in shit condition would fetch more than that. Probably a fake M or fake M sport or something is bad wrong with it. The car in parts is worth more...

New skid plate for the bimmer in anticipation of the new suspension dropping the nose down to dangerous levels. The M20 oil pan hangs super low and is aluminum. Needless to say, it needs protection. This should help..

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

this BMW is sexy cant wait to see more

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Thanks!

Skid plate installed

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Love your E30. Have you ever consider an M50 swap?
                  Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Yes, i have. I've considered all the 24v swaps. But i have fallen in love the original M20B25. An M50/M52 would definitely be an upgrade if i was going to keep my M20 totally stock but i have plans that will make an M50/52 obsolete.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE an S54 swap (E46 M3 engine) but that's a pipe dream. Even an S52 would be nice (E36 M3 US-spec motor), but the cost to do one of those swaps, plus the headache wiring it all in/having to fab/source one-off parts is a little more than i want to bite off. Maybe way in the future, cuz i do love a healthy NA inline-6. For now im just rebuilding the original M20 motor and putting on minor bolt-ons till i have the money for this...http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=307513

It'll make more power more easily for about the same kind of coin as a 24v swap. Plus i'll get to keep that burly M20 single-cam inline-six growl...which i absolutely LOVE. Watch the video in that link and you'll see what i mean.

edit: here's the vid, cuz it's awesome...

Last edited by islandhopper; 02-28-2014, 09:29 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Had a ton o' fun in the snow today..

Started gathering parts for some much needed maintenance.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I still love the older Bimmers

I was just looking at an 87 sedan for 2 grande, but I don't need another car lol

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                        BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                        Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                        CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
                          I still love the older Bimmers

I was just looking at an 87 sedan for 2 grande, but I don't need another car lol
                          it's not just another car...it's a BMW. dooo eeeett..

Finally got around to installing my RyanG splitter and OEM mudflaps..

did an oil change as well.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

A friend photochopped this pic for me...

Not sure if i want to go this low. Looks good and all but driving this car spiritedly is way more fun than looking at it. Once i get the Condor bushing kit and subframe risers i may drop it down this low and see how it drives...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I do not think being that low will really hinder your spirited driving style by much, maybe 1/2" taller from there would be a good compromise. Maybe on rougher bumpier roads you might run into issues, but it is not like you should let your foot loose in those circumstances.
                              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

The ET on those wheels is -35 and i chose 205/55's (taller than the 195/50's in the pic), so unless i roll the fenders im pretty sure i'll rub like crazy at that height. I just don't want to run into suspension travel issues when carving up canyons. The Ground Control kit i've got has fairly stiff spring rates and adjustable dampers but not as stiff as some of the full-coilover options out there like MeganRacing or FortuneAuto, so i'll need to drive conservatively at that height, which is not something i look forward to doing since this is a driver's car and i drive it pretty hard. I think a 1.5-2in drop will be max for this car. Any more and i'll cringe at every dip i see on some of the twisties i drive regularly at speed. Plus the CAST ALUMINUM oil pan hangs super low on the M20.... First world problems i suppose.. Once i get the suspension on the beast i'll know for sure how low to go.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X