Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Vtec doesnt seem to be engaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vtec doesnt seem to be engaging

my check engine light was on so I went and got a computer scanner to read it. I got a p0500 code saying vehicle speed sensor a. I went to find out how much the speed sensor would cost and it was about $90 so I didn't get it yet because I spent the last of my money on the scanner. ill have to wait to get the sensor but do you think the sensor would be the only reason that my vtec doesn't seem to be engaging. are there other common reasons why the vtec wouldn't engage on an h22a?

If your VSS isn't functioning then VTEC will not engage.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Ok well I just got this car and I think the person before me really messed up the electrical. The dash lights dont work, the vss isnt working, and the alternator isnt working even though its a good alternator. Also randomly it sounds like theres a cell phone on vibrate getting a txt message inside my engine bay. I think all these problems are linked together but idk how to really know what to chevk for.

Comment

damn man, i would try to figure out what ur working with. from what ur saying, it may be alot of work following wires and checking for proper connections and to see if everything is properly wired up

Comment

I fixed it. basically the guy who had the car before me just screwed up the wiring something horrible. I found the line going from the alternator to the fuse box cut. I took another line and linked it to the fuse box and then I started getting higher voltage from the battery while the car was on. it also made it so vtec would engage even though my check engine light is on with a p0500(vehicle speed sensor). I thought might be keeping from hitting vtec but it wasn't. I still have to figure out why the dash lights wont come on. I looked through the fuses and didn't find anything so ill have to keep digging for the answer

Comment

if vtec is indeed working then im pretty sure your vss is working now as well. double check before u buy new parts

Comment

Check your mounts and ensure all the fan shroud bolts are tight to try to solve the vibration issue.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Ok.

Please clarify a few things:

- What year is it (assuming its 96 to present considering you posted OBD II codes)
                - Motor type? SOHC with VTEC or DOHC VTEC
                - Which model?
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I have a 2000 prelude with a jdm swap from 1997. Its has red top but I don think its from the preludes. I think the motor says p13 hp-1 on it but I dont remember. the car has been faster since fixing the alternator problem probably due to better ignition but I don't think im hitting vtec. im probably just going to buy a new vss and see if that works. Any suggestions for getting the dash lights to work?

Comment

Working...
                  X