Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is this repairable/worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man that does look pretty bad... go to a junkyard and see if you can find some decent parts theyll be pretty cheap. good luck.

Comment

Hey ATLaccord. I've been in several accidents from dumb asses hitting me and all with progressive. Sorry to say unless you have really low miles... your car is most likely totaled. Good news is they will give you the depreciated value of your car so you can use it to buy another cb7. You can also ask them to give you a quote or get one your self on how much it will cost to fix if they do total it but remember, if you get it back from them after it's been declared totaled the value of the car drops exponentially which will hurt if you get in another accident!

If you want any advice on progressive just email or pm me... to be honest at one point I had so much stuff happen to me that they knew me by name in the main branch where i live (none of which were actually my fault surprisingly just bad luck).

"Live While You Live & Just Be Happy"

Comment

Went to Progressive today.

Yes, they would total my car...If the other guy would admit it was his fault, which he doesn't.
        I even called him and he was a total a...hole: " I don't remember seeing a red light", but in the police report he says he had a green light.

Extra nice: Progressives claims I have a salvage title (which I don't) and they can't determine how much they would pay me if at all

So I might have to repair the car after all...

And all of this weeks before graduation...like I have time for this kind of stuff

Comment

Dude do a car fax on your car. I had a cb7 once that I thought didn't have a salvaged title looked like brand new. Luckily it had really low miles on it and looked like new ( had before and after pics) so the progressive guy called 3 different independent dealers in the area and took the average of what they would sell my car for if it hadn't been f*cked up and I ended up getting $2300 for it so there's a chance you can still get money. Keep fighting this guy. Were there any witnesses?

Also if there weren't any and no one admits to fault I'm pretty sure not positive though, that it goes on both your records so you might wanna try to use that against him either way he looses!

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement to keep on fighting. Unfortunately there are no witnesses.

I have a completely clean, normal looking title. Nowhere does it say "salvage" or "rebuilt" on it. I bought the car in 2006 and the previous owner's title did not say any of that either. Could it still be a salvage somehow?

I'll find out about this going on both records.

Comment

Yea I've had a title like that before don't really know how they let stuff slip like that, I was pretty pissed, that's why they tell you to "CARFAX" all used cars you buy. I will always do that now. Infact if you can show them your title and a carfax report then you have two pieces of proof also make sure they have the correct VIN!

Comment

So ATLaccord what ended up happening with your car It's been a little bit?

Comment

dont give! (if u have oh well)

I had a little accident too in my tiburon. A sign got on my way

it went from this:

To this:

And then this:

I had to get a new headlight, radiator, driver side lower control arm, bumper reinforcement and condenser . i re used the same bumper believe it or not, just used bondo hahahaha but it turned out bad thats why i bought a mask for it. oh and my fender (passenger side) is all messed up. but as long as it drives i dont care!!
                  so yeah dudeee fixed it can be fixed.
                  Last edited by sow3r; 04-03-2010, 04:37 AM.

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
                  JANE 99 Infiniti i30
                  2-9-11 - current
                  "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

Working...
                  X