CB7DX420 : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7DX420 : 1990 Accord EX

Hey guys I decided to make an MRT to document my car even though its stock still , but Ive got A LOT of plans for the car.

RIGHT NOW

Engine:
    Stock F22A4

Transmission:
    93 EX H2U5 5 speed

Suspension:
    KYB GR2 struts
    stock springs

Wheels:
    stock alloy EX wheels

Exterior:
    OEM CD5 hood bra
    reconditioned hood, was totally flat
    reconditioned roof, like the hood it was totally flat

Interior:
    grey cloth seats
    original Honda radio w/cassette deck (cool as hell in my opinion)
    - wont ever go to a new deck, getting a cassete that has an audio jack on it and a cheap MP3 player

Plans for the FALL:

Exterior:

install all my window visors & and hood spacers

Suspension & Wheels:

Function Form F2 type 1 coilovers
    NO camber kits until winter when I get the F23/F22 hybrid in there and some sticky tires

15x8 +20 CNT CT-4, silver face, 3" lip. BBS RS rep basically.
    195/50R15 Kinforest KF550 tires

Plans for the WINTER:

DIY Wrinkle Red valve cover

Transmission
    - H23/H22 transmission (M2S4/M2B4 pref. LSD)
    - Shayspec solid shifter bushings
    - Exedy OEM clutch kit w/Koyo bearing

F23A/F22A hybrid motor
    - Delta 272 cam in A6 head
    - OBD1 H22A manifold w/Evolution F2H adapter

Custom exhaust
    - 2.5" collector on A4 header
    - 2.5" electric cutout, for when I wanna let the ol' girl scream.
    - 2.25" Yonaka catback, gotta keep her quiet when I don't need power, local P.D. are strict.

Camber kits, F&R, as well as some 205/45, or 195/50, sticky front tires Kinforests will stay in the back unless I see them going bad quickly.

Last edited by CB7DX420; 08-06-2014, 06:59 PM.

Nice platform to begin with, the body also looks like its in pretty good condition

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Looks good, nice straight body and interior looks pretty clean too! Keep us updated

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199548

Comment

Thanks guys, the body is pretty clean but it had some pretty severe fading but a few weeks of compouding by hand got it to look pretty good again, but theres no real body damage just little dents. and the interior is clean, no damage there either. It was an old lady's commuter car, then they rebuilt the motor at a shop and sold it because she was too old to drive it anymore lol

I jumped on it literally 30 minutes after it was posted for sale and picked it up the next day

Comment

Gonna go take off the wiper arms and paint em today, going flat black, gloss would look bad i think.

I'll get pics of that while im doing it, and later today im gonna wash it and then glaze it and wax it, so i'll snap a few pics after that too if its not too dark.

I wish i could wash it now, but with 87 degree temps and a chip in the glass i'd be lookin for a new windshield because it'd crack to pieces

Comment

Nice looking CB7. Either flat black or semi gloss black for the wiper arms are just find. Good Luck...

Comment

thanks I went with a satin black, looks flat to me idk the difference.

i'll get pics tomorrow with my brother's DSM

Comment

Woke up today to 90 degree weather, crazy. went out and finally got in the charcoal canister replacement, problem solved there.
                Took me a while to do it, the hose off the bottom of the canister split on me and i had to make a new one.

Also re aligned my grill today, it was crooked really bad, one of the tabs on the headlight brace is broken so i had to make a flat bar and bolt it to the top of the grill to push down on the grill, its just lined up under the core support to keep it down, its just a ghetto DIY

Sorry for no more pics still, i dont own a camera so its a pain to find one to use.

Also noticed while i was under my car, it has a 2" exhaust system.. crush bent but the steel looks aluminized and fresh from the cat back, is it possible that its the stock system or is that bigger than stock for an EX?

- edit -
                After taking my car for a drive and letting it idle for a while, i've confirmed i fixed my idle problem and now the car runs like a top!
                Last edited by CB7DX420; 05-10-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

nice, and clean

I like those grills with the chrome all the way around

Comment

thanks. thats one reason why i got it, even though i hated the color, it was just too clean to pass up

Its funny because I like your grill more

I actually wanted a brown CB, was looking for a 90-91 brown 4dr but nobody near me had one that some kid hadn't just beat into the ground

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean, but many people love these cars so u can find a clean one sometimes.

Some people have switched their 90-91 fronts to 92-93, if u like this grill. I think you have to change the headlights too, you could look it up. I might do something with mine eventually

Comment

I might do the 92-93 conversion, that all depends on which 1 pieces i find first lol

I know im gonna do a 92-93 sedan rear conversion though and im gonna add an oem spoiler to it too.

Comment

Havent been on in forever, as you all know life comes first and sometimes it throws you a curve ball.

So I moved to southern Oregon, into the boonies, and theres not a single CB in sight down here, kinda depressing.

All we have here is lame ass mustangs, not even foxbodys, and POS F body camaros that think their hot stuff. and rice, my lord theres so much rice down here

However I'm still trying to beef up the ol' CB

In October I got a fantastic birthday gift, a brand new in box OEM Honda CD5 hood bra. Actually a full bra, the bottom halfs for sale. Got it from my grandmother lol she optioned for it back in 96' when she got her CD.

Any way it fit my car like a glove and made the front end so damn sexy, no more rock chips staring me in the face!
                          and with that bra I also got the OEM Honda car cover that fit awsome, keeps that Mulberry paint clean out here in the blowing dirt.

I plan on taking her into Vale to wash it up ( hard water, no more home washes ) and shoot some pics of it with my brothers 1G DSM.

Damn thats a lotta post... I gotta work on shorting that shit up lol I just wanted to let everyone know I still got the CB and Im still workin on her all the time
                          as NWaccord would know, I usually cant keep a car more than 6 months, but the the CB's in my blood now

Comment

Originally posted by CB7DX420 View Post
                            as NWaccord would know, I usually cant keep a car more than 6 months, but the the CB's in my blood now
                            Good to hear you still have your CB!!! They really do grow on you once it bites you. Good luck with it and Ill be looking for future updates on her. Later man

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                            MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
                            11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Nice i have a cb ive been working on same color with same color hood and front bumper lol anyhow cant wait to see where you go with her looks good... they deff grow on ya quickly...
                              My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Working...
                              X