• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma Tornado

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3313690.html

Schools didn't have safe rooms?!
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

I was just posting about this on another forum. That town was hit by a tornado back in 1999. The town I'm in now, Joplin, was hit by a tornado 2 years ago. Most, if not all, of the places that have rebuilt have either some sort of new shelter plan in place or have underground shelters. It blows my mind that these children were ushered into the hallway and told to get on their knees under a brick wall. The fact that there wasn't a shelter is the worst. But the weather the day before was almost as bad and predictions were made that tornadoes were likely in the same area.

It's saddening and appalling that they had to die.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

To be fair it was over 200+mph winds and 1/2 a mile wide. The wider the twister the slower it sweeps the area so maybe if they did have a safe room they werent expecting a slow moving tornado 1/2 a mile wind with over 200+mph winds to just idle over them. Sad though really

Comment

I did read somewhere in a comments section that one did have a basement but got flooded with water. I don't feel like taking the time to confirm that. Still can't believe more didn't die.

Some good videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMF22_MEMJU
        If there's ever a time a video looks fake it's this one.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTpceWd8UE4
        Turn off the Audio on this one.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUc1ZgXiQGs
        Dog comes out of debris
        Last edited by uslspct; 05-22-2013, 05:57 PM.

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Basements scarce in tornado-prone Oklahoma City area

Victims

MY RIDE

Comment

More tornados hitting same area again right now!

Last edited by uslspct; 05-31-2013, 09:02 PM.

MY RIDE

Comment

Fucking crazy.

Comment

Still blows my mind that, in the one area that needs them more than any other area, they don't have basements. "Shelters", sure, but you have to bury them, which is expensive, not to mention the cost of the shelter itself.

I don't wanna be "that guy" as I'm not that kind of person but 99% of the people who live in this area know it's nature risks. These situations NEED to be expected and people should live and adjust accordingly. I'm not going to say that they deserve it, because they don't, but they know the risks and precautions they need to take. Not doing so exempts others from fault.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Tornado touches down a few miles north of my grandmas house! She lives in Ballwin.

Friday traffic stuck on highway in OK City and it's almost dark now. Could be really bad there.

MY RIDE

Comment

They dont have basements because of flooding issues in that location.

No excuses to not have some sort of shelter tho being in an area that is hit with tornado's every year.
                    My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx View Post

No excuses to not have some sort of shelter tho being in an area that is hit with tornado's every year.
                      The ground is also really hard there so digging out foundations in some areas is challenging.
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Holy moly!

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                          The ground is also really hard there so digging out foundations in some areas is challenging.
                          Exactly. Having basements would be a no brainer, and this is why many don't.

It's just nature's way of trolling.

Comment

just saw this on my msn page. wonder if its a member?? or just a coincidence theres a cb7 and a cb9 in the same picture?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                              To be fair it was over 200+mph winds and 1/2 a mile wide. The wider the twister the slower it sweeps the area so maybe if they did have a safe room they werent expecting a slow moving tornado 1/2 a mile wind with over 200+mph winds to just idle over them. Sad though really
                              Not expecting it is no excuse. There is a proven history of such occurrences in that area, and thus they should ALWAYS be planned for. It is sort of like saying there was no way to plan for Katrina.

Originally posted by Lynx View Post

That makes it virtually impossible to build a shelter. The likelihood of building above ground shelters that would be guaranteed to survive such forces is tenuous at best. Not to mention the cost of construction and maintenance of such facilities.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X