CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 11-06-2012, 03:19 AM   #21
wolfy47
CB7tuner Member

wolfy47 is cool... so far.
i apologize reading just owned me when you said "OBX and 'Tsudo both make SP2 style mufflers for under $100." thought you wrote they are $100

$200 bucks for a magnaflow muffler though??...i got mine ordered brand new in box with warrenty card, sticker, and everything to a local shop and installed with a tip along with a 22 inch no name resonator (also installed) for $100 out the door

so when you come up with $200 bucks i really dont know what you are talking about

Last edited by wolfy47; 11-06-2012 at 03:22 AM.
wolfy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #22
cB7Jedii1
Newcomer

cB7Jedii1 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to cB7Jedii1
I thank you all for your suggestions. Im looking forward towards a magnaflow more but a friend of mine told me today that SRS from ebay is a decent brand? Sometimes I just cant trust ebay so who knows. Im skeptical on OBX in a way, haven't heard too much from them.

I could afford an apexi but sheesh so much money for just an exhaust system but I'll do what i can and what will work best with me also.
cB7Jedii1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #23
SOHC-FTW
CB7tuner Member

SOHC-FTW seems to have made some friends!
OBX is decent never had a issue with anything engine/exhaust related.

That srs is a joke (Mimic name of Rsr which is pricey and way better) it's just the same as most others found on ebay for cheap. Never had a issue with the piping, but if you go this route look into a chambered muffler, OE cat, and decent size resonator.

Ws2 is expensive, but i know yonaka makes a replica (Don't know if they carry it for the cb chassi though), it sounds damn good and is priced at $300'ish.

I myself would rather piece together a setup, i will be doing my celicas here soon.

02 Crv
02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.
SOHC-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #24
8ball
CB7tuner Member

8ball seems to have made some friends! 8ball seems to have made some friends!
personally I feel that having a loud muffler is a good thing. Not that resonancy buzzing in the head wierd loud that some cars give off. I was in BB6 with a Tanabe catback and a removed resonator that was the most annoying sound in the cabin ever, even worse was my friends D16A6, that little engine only had a header, test pipe and a fart can OMG that was very unpleasant.

Any way just like people on motorbikes prefer to have the loudest exhaust possible/tolerable, I feel the same way. You are driving a 20 year old car that isnt as safe as every one else, its smaller and more prone to damage in a wreck. So maybe making it alittle louder will help get some attention of other drivers in a good way. Cause you know now a days people have built in navigation MP3/Movie players built in the car to disctract them not to mention the people that always talk on the phone or worse text and drive, get blow jobs hand jobs you know distractions.

Last edited by 8ball; 11-07-2012 at 10:40 PM.
8ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
cB7Jedii1
Newcomer

cB7Jedii1 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to cB7Jedii1
@ 8Ball lol that is true but it is a probability chance of that happening to anyone or me. I'll take that into consideration
cB7Jedii1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #26
8ball
CB7tuner Member

8ball seems to have made some friends! 8ball seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cB7Jedii1 View Post
@ 8Ball lol that is true but it is a probability chance of that happening to anyone or me. I'll take that into consideration
ive personally been saved by my ricer exhaust like 5 times. i hate the sound but i usually rev or make noise when i feel like people arent paying attn to their surroundings
8ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #27
JFrost7
CB7tuner Member

JFrost7 is cool... so far.
When getting an exhaust, is it important to have a better engine that's not stock? everything under my 93 lx's hood is completely stock, and I don't want it to sound terrible.
JFrost7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #28
TAMPA
Bronze Member

TAMPA seems to have made some friends! TAMPA seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrost7 View Post
When getting an exhaust, is it important to have a better engine that's not stock? everything under my 93 lx's hood is completely stock, and I don't want it to sound terrible.
The only mods that have a large effect on how your car sounds is mods to the exhaust and the intake. Iabs, Itbs, turbo, cams and so on will make the car sound diffrent too but until you get pretty serious with engine mods two cars, one with a few engine mods and one stock with the same exhausts will sound the same or really close.

To the op choosing the ebay srs exhaust over the OBX for quality reasons isnt a good chioce. Its your car an its just my opinion. My .2cents
TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #29
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMPA View Post
The only mods that have a large effect on how your car sounds is mods to the exhaust and the intake. Iabs, Itbs, turbo, cams and so on will make the car sound diffrent too but until you get pretty serious with engine mods two cars, one with a few engine mods and one stock with the same exhausts will sound the same or really close.

To the op choosing the ebay srs exhaust over the OBX for quality reasons isnt a good chioce. Its your car an its just my opinion. My .2cents
At least he can still have a good muffler and resonator welded on to the catback once he discovers that the ones on the "SRS" are a POS. Itll just cost more than it should have.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:16 AM   #30
TAMPA
Bronze Member

TAMPA seems to have made some friends! TAMPA seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by H311RA151N View Post
At least he can still have a good muffler and resonator welded on to the catback once he discovers that the ones on the "SRS" are a POS. Itll just cost more than it should have.
Yeah I forgot about that, thats what you did on your 91 and it sounds nice. Its a little quiet but its a daily to
TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catback , coupe , exhaust system

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: