Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

does anyone kno where to find a turbo for a mazda b2200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone kno where to find a turbo for a mazda b2200

i got this 1988 mazda b2200 nd i really want to find a turbo kit for. if they make one for it please tell me wut i will need to do to make it work........?
    1992 Accord EX

Id reccomend build your own kit, Ive worked on those before and there is a decent amount of room under the hood, with minor fab skills and a decent knowledge on turbos you could make it work.
    1997 Camaro Z28 M6:: My Boat Anchor

1991 Honda Accord M5: Blew it the hell up

Comment

same as the ford 2.2 aint it?
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

shit.... go all out and slap in a 13b from a Rx7 and boost like crazy!!!

Comment

They don't make turbos for specific cars. Companies make turbo KITS for cars, bu that just caters to the lazy crowd that's willing to pay, rather than learn how to assemble their own kit. It's very unlikely that you'll find a premade kit for an old pickup truck. Research, and build your own kit. You'll be better off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Buck View Post
            shit.... go all out and slap in a 13b from a Rx7 and boost like crazy!!!
            +1

I don't think the original B2200 engine would be a very good motor to boost. I have numerous friends that have had these trucks and they've all had issues with the bottom end. And that's without boost being thrown into the mix. A turbo would just add problems into the mix. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

It's a Ranger. I've been told that the turbo Volvo 740/940 engine will drop right in.

Comment

i thought the 88 was a carb'd motor.... so that would require a blow-thru carb... not to mention fuel managment... how are you going to compinsate that? the key to any boosted engine is proper fuel managment... if not blow up time lol...

seriously pickup a 13b from a 86-91 rx7, can buy them cheap all day long because ppl think the engines are "blown" but in all actuallity the apex seals in the motor are shot.... it only costs $300 to rebuild these motors... all you would then need is a Turbo II wiring harness, and a Turbo II throttle body... upgrade some injectors and walla....

lastly.... the B2200 engines are getting scarse and harder to find these days

Comment

Ah yes, I bet the 88 is carb'd... I'm not all that knowledgeable about those... old trucks are low on my radar.

The 13b would require some custom mounting as well. RWD is considerably easier to work with when it comes to weird swaps, but it'd still require welding.

And yeah, rebuilding a rotary is pretty easy. There are even how-tos floating around the internet. I wanted to pick one up just to play with it. Those things fascinate me.

Comment

believe it or not the driver side mounts right up to stock location.... the passanger side needs a lil modification but nothing to major....

check out

www.mazdabscene.com

http://www.mazdatruckin.com/vBulleti...hread.php?t=48

they know a ton more then persay us honda folks

Comment

Hey, we know our Hondas! Well... some of us do...

Interesting... With the driver side mount in the stock position, the driveshaft angle works? I flipped through a few links, but didn't read too carefully... If that's so, that would be my biggest concern eliminated. I'm always afraid of doing a creative swap, only to snap the driveshaft due to a bad angle.

Comment

[QUOTE=deevergote.;1602607] Hey, we know our Hondas! Well... some of us do...

[QUOTE]

i ment as in they know more about the Mazda PU then to ask us honda folks.....

Comment

Ah yes... so very true!

But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

i know that i know everything about everything.
                            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

ford probe turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X