No announcement yet.

CB7Tuner dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the biggest thing to help is image hosting. That’s what brings people to Instagram. The ease of posting a picture and getting those likes. Instant satisfaction is key.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I will agree with most of the above. I do visit on a daily basis. I have kept my Accord log up to date. I need to update MRT but I just hate having to host pictures somewhere else and then link to them here. Even if I'm hosting them on my own web server it's still a pain. I think that is what we truly need is locally hosted images. I don't want to see the site go away.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Well we got more than 10 replies. Personally I'd like to see some form of chat room / window. I think a marketplace would be nice, eventually old school folks will be looking for parts that one cannot find online (already happening).

Dev, what platform are you going with? PHP again ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Well we got more than 10 replies. Personally I'd like to see some form of chat room / window. I think a marketplace would be nice, eventually old school folks will be looking for parts that one cannot find online (already happening).

There is a chat room. Breck created a discord Has decent activity.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
            There is a chat room. Breck created a discord Has decent activity.
            I should find a way to link to that more prominently.

Though a chat with the same names as on the forum would be interesting.

I didn’t want a chat before, due to the inability to moderate it. But now that things are slower and more civil, that’s not really a concern.

Comment

Upgrading to the newest version of vBulletin. I looked into changing platforms years ago to something more customizable, but converting the database would be problematic. As long as vBulletin can get the job done, it should be fine.

Anything is better than the ancient software we have now!
              This software is half as old as the oldest CB7.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                I think the biggest thing to help is image hosting. That’s what brings people to Instagram. The ease of posting a picture and getting those likes. Instant satisfaction is key.
                I wonder about Instagram's ability to provide free image hosting vs a forum like this. How do they even do it, because I don't see evidence of ad revenue. Does it have to do with how you can't even right-click to save images? I've seen some photos on there that are really deserving of high-res, so that kind of sucks. But suppose this place did really pick up again; what would be the cost of hosting images on a fairly large scale and to support hypothetical future growth?

I like your ideas on trimming the threads down, btw.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I haven't been as active on here as I should, I will be honest. (Waiting to move before I start a major resto/rebuild) Although I check and interact with the discord daily!
                  Without it I wouldn't have been inspired to build a turbo engine like Grumpys (his accord is bananas fast). Discord is pretty easy to use and you get mobile notifications. Although it is a bit more relaxed in terms of language and structure.
                  But I would also hate to see this site go away, many people can take websites for granted, they forget somebody pays to keep it alive. Thanks for all you regular posters!
                  Last edited by SedanTom; 09-15-2020, 09:26 PM.

Comment

It's great to see some activity on the forum (not like I have been active anyways oops), I will admit I stopped using the forum after my last Accord got wrecked in 2014. I believe it is essential for the forum to stay alive as it holds so much valuable information for the chassis. It is what holds the community together and keeps us organized. Call me a nerd but it's the Jedi Temple / Jedi Archives but for CB7's, it is essential for our community!

Deev, Pandemic still hosts it? Isn't he in Peterborough? Somewhere in Ontario? He disappeared 5+ years ago on my Facebook didn't know he was still apart of the community!

A more mobile friendly update will be essential to the forum's activity. Unfortunately I see everyone especially the younger generation only using Facebook and Instagram. Condensing the forum so it's easier to navigate / getting rid of redundant subforums would help.

Personally when the MRT section was cut in half due to the paid only section I believe that was bad hit. I understand members want to have privacy and not have their builds advertised. But for me personally and I can assume many other CB7 owners, we looked up those other CB7 MRT's to motivate us to build the chassis and know what parts are good / what looks good. Some of my fav threads disappeared.
                    Current:
                    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

I'm curious on the throughput of the site too, assuming we host images? Can the site be run off someone's server at home for example? (assuming they had enough bandwidth and no data limit).

Comment

I'm curious on the throughput of the site too, assuming we host images? Can the site be run off someone's server at home for example? (assuming they had enough bandwidth and no data limit).
                        It totally could, so as long as they didn't have to host and serve images.
                        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Glad to see some changes on the horizon.

I check in here from time to time, seems to be about once a month.

Sadly, I no longer have my cb7, but I will never ditch this site, and if I recall correctly, Deev said he would never sell the site and never close it down.

As always, im down to help in anyway I can Mike.

I do plan on one day buying another cb to do a restore on and leave completely OEM.

It is nice to see the active members rides and the various OT stuff, like Anton's Novels and the Recent purchases thread.

Only thing I hope we can retain, is the color scheme. This place would feel so alien if it were light colors. The black/Red is so relaxing and lounge like lol.

Comment

I have some limited bandwidth to help upgrade the site when it finally comes to that, so def hit me up when it's time.

I still pop in pretty regularly to see what people are up to.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Ya, I'd be willing to host from the house if needed. I already have servers in a rack but only on a 150/50Mbps connection. Curious on the throughput for 1 month for the site (even without pics).

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                                Only thing I hope we can retain, is the color scheme. This place would feel so alien if it were light colors. The black/Red is so relaxing and lounge like lol.
                                I second this!
                                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Working...
                                X