Anyone order from Rock Auto lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone order from Rock Auto lately?

I'm trying to get a cat so I can pass emissions, but it appears I can't order from them anymore. I've tried two addresses in two Colorado cities (I live in an apartment, so if I don't want it stolen it's either my parents' house or a friend who has an apartment on-site at work) that I can have my order shipped to, but I just get this message:

"We cannot ship to this address because it currently requires sales tax paid separately to state and city governments. We comply with state-administered taxes nationwide, but we do not have the capacity to file city tax returns in places where we have no physical presence."

Click on the "?" button next to sales tax and they say this:

"We collect tax on orders shipped to states where we have a physical presence (e.g. Wisconsin), and to states which, citing a Supreme Court decision (South Dakota v. Wayfair), force out-of-state retailers to collect tax."

Yeah I just ordered from someone else, but that's ridiculous. They've got great prices. Although I will say that if online retail is finally starting to charge sales tax for out-of-state purchases, I am on board with that. Every year when taxes roll around and I see the option to report online purchases... let's just hope I don't ever get audited, with the many thousands in car parts I've bought over the years. If that can come to a more gracious end, it's cool with me.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-17-2019, 08:34 PM.

Accord Aero-R

I bought from them last month with no issues. But I live in Florida.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I just got some parts last week in Ohio.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I've been ordering parts all summer from them. Then again I live in Montana and we have no sales tax...
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

This just happened to me tonight! I was so frustrated that I bit the bullet and spent the extra money to get it all on EBay. First, it was Visa Verification issues with two different bank cards, the there was the address problem OP mentioned when I tried to use my checking account directly. Then, I tried to use PayPal, and they said “Too many unsuccessful attempts” and deleted my shopping cart! I couldn’t believe it, I have purchased from them before through the Internet connection I was using tonight, and to the same address as well.

The only thing that was different was that I was using my iPad with Safari instead of my PC with Chrome.

Cyborg, what kind of device were you ordering from, and what web browser?
          Last edited by af_1132; 04-12-2020, 04:25 AM.
          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

They've done some weird updates to their website it seems. Navigating the site and the product heirarchy has become more cumbersome due to not being able to collapse expanded areas like before. It seems slower too.
            My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
            Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
            Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

I'm on a Macbook. At the time, I was probably using Chrome browser, now I'm using Brave and it does the same thing. I'll probably need something for the Accord soon, and I'll try through my phone (Galaxy/Chrome), and post an update then.
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-12-2020, 03:27 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I was just searching over the weekend for an engine mount without much trouble - but I wanted a stiffer one than any of them appeared. Ordered a rear mount from Innovative.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I think I figured out my issue with RockAuto, hopefully. My credit union's online transaction servers or something related were down for the count on Monday, but could have been down for the previous few days.
                  *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                  ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                  ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                  "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                  The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                  Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Just bought some RX7 parts from them today. No issues.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I just placed an order to my Denver, Colorado address and it went through with no problems. I could post an update when the boxes arrive, but it seems to be working fine now

were you on a vpn or something?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

what states are left to pass emissions? 25 years here none needed
                        COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                        X