Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Gears - GP Shift (The Sequel To Six Gears)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six Gears - GP Shift (The Sequel To Six Gears)

For those that are interested, Six Gears - GP Shift, is now on pre-order for the public. Six Gears - GP Shift is the sequel to the critically acclaimed novel, Six Gears. Be one of the first to get an early numbered publication copy.

Check us out here : https://www.athypowersports.com/prod...gears-gp-shift

Also, you can follow the Six Gears' journey from draft to publication here : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210447

Thank you!
    Last edited by Straight Success; 08-13-2020, 12:57 AM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Ordered

Ant,

2 things.
    1. Could I get another numbered copy please
    2. I see the release date is September 17th, however I may be transferring to my new duty station during that time frame. Before you ship my copy could you PM me to confirm my shipping address.

Looking forward to Sequel.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      Ordered

Ant,

2 things.
      1. Could I get another numbered copy please
      2. I see the release date is September 17th, however I may be transferring to my new duty station during that time frame. Before you ship my copy could you PM me to confirm my shipping address.

Looking forward to Sequel.
      Absolutely. And, I appreciate the support. I'll reach out before I package it up and send it off.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

A very tiny snippet to show you the writing, and to give you a sneak peak into a piece of the story... Also, it's not only about motorcycles. There's a lot of car action in there, I promise you.

Six Gears - GP Shift is on pre-order. Place your order today.

... and yes, Adoré is S.Q. I use both names interchangingly purposely to break up the constant repetativeness of name usage. Reading the story early on, you will get to know each character by their real name and nick name. It's a developed style I like at times.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I'm sure the grammar errors will be caught by the final proofing before printing.
          Last edited by Straight Success; 08-14-2020, 10:27 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I was about to say...I damn sure don't remember SQ having a CBR. I'm interested to see how that whole transaction went now.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yeah, the story takes some serious twist and turns, but in a way which really could happen in real life. Being honest with myself first, I've improved a lot. The writing is smoother and more fluid, the characters are bought to life more, and how the story unfolds after the situation in chapter 10 of Six Gears, it's crazy to say the least.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

This is no easy process.

I'm over here working while combing through the book one final time with a close eye. Do you know how tough it is going through 79,000 words trying to ensure there are no mistakes? Not even 1 error per 1,000 words is acceptable, and I'm shooting for none over the course of 79k. :tired:

This is what people do in trying to provide a quality product or service to their people, and not cheat them in the process!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Developmental Editing : Complete
                  Line Editing : Complete
                  Copy Editing : Complete
                  Proofing : What do you think?

Six Gears - GP Shift is on preorder (pre-order). Place your order now!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Yes, yes, yes. Final proofing is a go, and now it's onto full print ahead.

The edits on the sequel are far superior to the editing job on the first. #excited

- D. Chappelle

Comment

This is exciting.

Still haven't finished the first. Im stopped at the part right after the "crash".

Its a very good read. Did see some grammatical errors and such, and the names were hard to adjust too, but for a first novel, its really good Ant. You should be quite proud of your work.

Looking forward to finishing and ordering the sequel.

Comment

@Ralphie, I appreciate the open and honest feedback. Thank you!

So, when I initially was in the publication process, I had a very small budget to publish the book. This hurt editing quality as I didn't have an additional $1,500 to spare on additional editing attributable my company being in the first year's start-up phase. This may sound like an excuse, but the first year as a business owner/entrepreneur was really tough.

Going forward in the future, I will do a reprint of the book with better editing. For those who want a super polished copy, I’ll be more than glad to send them an updated one.

In addition, it's a huge accomplishment when someone who I have almost no direct peer-to-peer interaction with publicly announces they are enjoying my work. For entrepreneurs in the phase I'm in, it's #inspiration and #motivation to keep going.

Last edited by Straight Success; 09-03-2020, 12:10 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                          @Ralphie, I appreciate the open and honest feedback. Thank you!

So, when I initially was in the publication process, I had a very small budget to publish the book. This hurt editing quality as I didn't have an additional $1,500 to spare on additional editing attributable my company being in the first year's start-up phase. This may sound like an excuse, but the first year as a business owner/entrepreneur was really tough.

Going forward in the future, I will do a reprint of the book with better editing. For those that want a super polished copy, I’ll be more than glad to send them an updated one.

In addition, it's a huge accomplishment when someone who I have almost no direct peer-to-peer interaction with publicly announces they are enjoying my work. For entrepreneurs in the phase I'm in, it's #inspiration and #motivation to keep going.

Ya man, no doubt! You've earned it. I know myself, I have often thought about writing short stories or even a novel. I am a decent writer, did a lot of writing for my Masters.

Writing doesn't intimidate me, but the thought of organizing that much thought, editing, checking, rechecking, second guessing etc etc. That part is intimidating lol.

I stick to playing guitar lol. Thats more my lane.

Keep on rocking Ant!

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                            Going forward in the future, I will perform a reprint of the book with better editing. For those who want a super polished copy, I’ll be more than glad to send them an updated one.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            Ya man, no doubt! You've earned it. I know myself, I have often thought about writing short stories or even a novel. I am a decent writer, did a lot of writing for my Masters.

Writing doesn't intimidate me, but the thought of organizing that much thought, editing, checking, rechecking, second guessing etc etc. That part is intimidating lol.

I stick to playing guitar lol. Thats more my lane.

Keep on rocking Ant!
                            As you can see, even my forum posts need editing from time to time. I promise you, I'm much better at engineering than writing, but I put a decent amount of effort and a lot of time into my writing; I was and still am passionate about the story. I personally think I’m getting better comparing the sequel to the first. I can even send you performance reviews about my engineering from some pretty high up people.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

...Progress...

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                              X