No announcement yet.

Cybertruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to continue that analogy. Through the garbage birthed an entirely new culture/trend/fad that millions of people enjoy daily from fashion to language. What you are witnessing currently with the music industry, the same exact thing was said when Bach and Tchaikovsky came into being from the Baroque and Classical periods. Amazing how history repeats itself sometimes.

Same thing with cars. I am hoping the Cybertruck will tone down some of the overstyled, super-aggresive, car design of the current generation. We may even get a modern day CB, which was styled very little, but has subtle accents here and there... I'm hopeful

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

That's true, and while the aftermath that was birthed after the garbage is an upside, we still will have a period in history where future generations will look back and be disgusted - or, maybe not. It also will shape the perception of minds that are still in the infancy stages. It's almost like GM between 1975 and 1995, sorta! They had plenty of models that were failures in the public's eye during that period IMPO.

Like anything, those with influence have a way of forcing the public to like something. It's the power of persuasion. I can honestly say, once in a blue moon I come across a product I am not fond of, and then a year or two later something about that product somehow changes my perecption. That only happens about 10 - 15 percent of the time when I initially dislike something.

I'll play the cut to see how this unfolds.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
        I'm going to use an analogy here, so please bear with me. In hip-hop/rap, arguably one of the most influential genres of music today, once was at an all time great with the craft/lyrics/message/creativity from creators. Then, politics pushed boundaries in an effort ro reshape the messages, and in pushing those boundaries, it produced 'GARBAGGGGE' for about a decade or so. It's slowly coming back to it's good orignal roots of craft/skill/lyrics
        What decade was this? I think you need to get into underground hip-hop; the mainstream is normally back and forth between garbage and half-decent. But that's what the people like, they don't want to think too much. It's like how crossovers are so popular: they're completely stupid vehicles, and yet they're outselling everything else. To quote Talib Kweli, "Every day somebody ask me where all the real MC's is at. They underground. There's mad talented cats underground with that raw shit." Maybe independent car manufacturers could be a thing in the future, building cars for the intelligent audience??
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-29-2019, 06:15 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

.... . really...

I'd even choose a dodge truck over it...

Comment

I suspect they were aiming for the "what the heck is that??" response factor when seeing these on the street. Of course initial critics will hate it, but I think it will become a lot more commonplace, and common-looking in time. It will stand out as the oddball, shift design trends, and in his hopes go down in history as a gamechanger.

I love that old supercar styling of the 70s and 80s but I'm not sure I would particularly call it visually appealing this day and age. It certainly is causing quite a buzz though, and I know I'm curious to see and drive one eventually. Can't say I've necessarily ever felt that way about any other "electric car"? Even the Rivian.

In real life it could probably use a wrap. Like I don't hate this?:

also, here's a good comparison pic, outside of the showroom:

Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-29-2019, 07:02 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              What decade was this? I think you need to get into underground hip-hop; the mainstream is normally back and forth between garbage and half-decent. But that's what the people like, they don't want to think too much. It's like how crossovers are so popular: they're completely stupid vehicles, and yet they're outselling everything else. To quote Talib Kweli, "Every day somebody ask me where all the real MC's is at. They underground. There's mad talented cats underground with that raw shit." Maybe independent car manufacturers could be a thing in the future, building cars for the intelligent audience??
              From about the mid to late 2000s up until about a year or two ago. There will always be underground greatness just like great modified backyard/garage builds (and we still have a few like the Kendricks and Coles and Pusha Ts - they're like your Toyota Motor Corporation or your General Motors or your Barvarian Motor delectables). I'm talking mass production and commercial here. I go back to the solid era of Rakim, Jadakiss, Ice Cube with the Raiders hat, Scarface, 'Frank White' Wallace, Mr. Corey Carter, Nasty Nas, MC Lyte, Mos Def, Common, Em, Dwight Equan Grant, Pimp Juice, Jay Jenkins, Clifford Harris, KRS-One, Public Enemy, Kimberly Denise Jones, etc.. I think you get it.

All this mumble rap and no real message has ruined the sport, and this isn't just my opinion. This is coming from some of the great legends still alive. With that being said, Tesla is seriously attempting to change the game here, and time will tell if it'll be good for enthusiast or not.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

The mainstream is microwave meal music, easy to listen to and digest, not necessarily with any real content/nutrition. This is the current trend with SUVs and crossovers. Easy to sell, popular, don't need much character, etc. Make it shiny, lift it a few inches off the ground, boom product.

Now we can talk about current underground artists (KRIT, Rhapsody, A Boogie, Dreamville) and even mainstream artist's mixtapes. These are the performance division houses, ///M, AMG, Mugen, TRD, etc. Same artist, completely different persona, free from trying to appeal to the masses because they know they have a dedicated fan base. This is where the Cybertruck lands. It's not supposed to be everyone's cup of tea, it should trigger people... Angry comments are free publicity. Those who know, know.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                  From about the mid to late 2000s up until about a year or two ago. There will always be underground greatness just like great modified backyard/garage builds (and we still have a few like the Kendricks and Coles and Pusha Ts - they're like your Toyota Motor Corporation or your General Motors or your Barvarian Motor delectables). I'm talking mass production and commercial here. I go back to the solid era of Rakim, Jadakiss, Ice Cube with the Raiders hat, Scarface, 'Frank White' Wallace, Mr. Corey Carter, Nasty Nas, MC Lyte, Mos Def, Common, Em, Dwight Equan Grant, Pimp Juice, Jay Jenkins, Clifford Harris, KRS-One, Public Enemy, Kimberly Denise Jones, etc.. I think you get it.

All this mumble rap and no real message has ruined the sport, and this isn't just my opinion. This is coming from some of the great legends still alive. With that being said, Tesla is seriously attempting to change the game here, and time will tell if it'll be good for enthusiast or not.
                  That is because time has changed, you cant really expect people people to express volumes when they dont have the struggles that most of us did say 25 years ago; simply put the hunger is not there. 20-30 years ago folks used music as a means of exit without resorting to the lifestyle the mumble rappers talk about but 99% have not lived thru, a low income life now days is about the equivalent of a medium life back then. You cant have content when you have to creatively live in a fantasy world you have never visited because even if the words come out there is nothing behind them driving a feeling.

Back to the Iphone on wheels, as a marketing stunt it works but as an actual truck even most "trucks" now days fall short of that mark. Its sad that we have to buy vehicles and start fixing the problems and or tailoring the trucks to do actual work and i dont mean lifts and all that crap but simple things like gear swaps due to manufacturers installing ridiculous ratios to claim MPG figures.
                  [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Great feedback. Check it out.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Is that Marques?? I'll have to check that out...I guess Unbox Therapy, Linus, and iJustine will follow suit?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I just watched part of that video and i have to chime in on the whole "breaking the mold and being different" idea, the Camaro and Mustang sales have been dropping since 2015 when they went away from the mold of what was a "muscle car" i literally see this EVERYDAY on the other forum i joined and they bitch about how GM and Ford have forgotten about their customers blah blah blah, i do keep seeing a trend of people jumping shit from both to Dodge because it retains a certain look rather than trying to keep pushinga n envelope that not only is it not needed but NOT WANTED by the "loyal buyers". I will say the same thing i said about the C8 Corvette, the people that never wanted a Corvette are STILL not gonna go out and get one regardless of how much it changes; this vehicle is aimed to grab a customer that doesnt really want a truck because like and El camino it has a bed but truly will not actually function like a truck for those that need one. The grease monkeys like myself will stay away from it for 1 reasons
                        1. Cant work on it yourself.

Look how many people get on here and every other forum perplexed about what oil and gas to use on a 30 year old car along with all kinds of other questions that made me close my Chrome book, imagine owning one of those and the threads being started on Tesla forums such as what gas do you use and what oil should i run. I notice evry day i am turning more and more into Bill Burr without the funny side just the anger issues .

I'll say the things that get to me is how people demand answers quickly with no questions being asked by whomever is tryint to offer help, comeback a few days later with my car doesnt start anymore or makes a weird noise then proceed to raise hell on why nobody helped them just to finish off by damning the place and saying forum ****** would of pointed them in the right direction. I guess people expect that by joining, Deeve or someone from here is gonna show up at their house to do the shit for them.
                        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                          Is that Marques?? I'll have to check that out...I guess Unbox Therapy, Linus, and iJustine will follow suit?

Yup, that's him. He gave his outlook and opinion, and he kept it 100 based on his thoughts. His perspective opened up a few new windows for me to peek into regarding the truck.

Balancing between functionality and design is not always easy, and it takes a while to executue it with precision. I'm going to be following the truck's developement just because...

- D. Chappelle

Comment

It's the fact that it's not designed that will make people's head turn. Come on, if you see the Cybertruck (terrible name) on the road, would you really just ignore it like it was another Yaris or Sentra?
                            I have to give you that one. My head will be one of those heads turning.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                            I suspect they were aiming for the "what the heck is that??" response factor when seeing these on the street.

also, here's a good comparison pic, outside of the showroom:

Everything from the Logo to the name to the design of the "truck" itself supports this. The picture you posted, however, makes me further think that Tesla may have gone just a little too far with that goal this time. I do sense a little trollery is at hand here.

The worst part of the design, for me, is the need for the scalene triangles as viewed from the sides, which, by the necessity of their existence, decrease headroom for the rear passengers. If the roof over the rear seats was horizontal before slanting downward over the bed, I would be more on board.
                            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

This was enough to convince me how little sense this thing makes:

But what worries me most is that I wonder if Tesla has enough power of influence to push other manufacturers into making cars that look like this. It's painfully obvious that manufacturers copy each others' styling details. I don't care how much it stands out from the herd in this current moment, it likely won't in a few years' time.
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-30-2019, 07:42 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The mainstream is microwave meal music, easy to listen to and digest, not necessarily with any real content/nutrition.
                                You might like Doug Stanhope. He says something very similar about how people are toward life in general:

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X