Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
    https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/59846084

I guess its not WAY overpriced, but I think its a tad high.

Idk whats your say?

I still feel like I should be paying what I paid for mine in 2006 lol. Maybe a few hundred more for a real clean one, but not almost 5k.
    Front fender looks resprayed (notice the orange peel on the leading edge of the wheel arch in the close-up wheel shot) and it's missing the lower front spoiler. I'd venture to guess it's been bumped up front.

I see a few bumps on the hood / trunklid, but it is 26 years old.

You're likely going to want to do the timing belt because of the mileage unless there's receipts. It's one of those cars that would have been somewhat unremarkable in 2006, but now by attrition is at least interesting. It doesn't give me that fifth owner neglected maintenance vibe that I see with most CB's, but you're going to want to study those rear quarters being that it's in the Northeast.

It's a dealer, so they might be playing close to the chest, but showing up with $3,500 might get it for under $4,000. If it were a private party, I'd say you could could offer $3,300 and see where you went.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
      Front fender looks resprayed (notice the orange peel on the leading edge of the wheel arch in the close-up wheel shot) and it's missing the lower front spoiler. I'd venture to guess it's been bumped up front.

I see a few bumps on the hood / trunklid, but it is 26 years old.

You're likely going to want to do the timing belt because of the mileage unless there's receipts. It's one of those cars that would have been somewhat unremarkable in 2006, but now by attrition is at least interesting. It doesn't give me that fifth owner neglected maintenance vibe that I see with most CB's, but you're going to want to study those rear quarters being that it's in the Northeast.

It's a dealer, so they might be playing close to the chest, but showing up with $3,500 might get it for under $4,000. If it were a private party, I'd say you could could offer $3,300 and see where you went.
      I can't actually buy it because I don't have the room or funds for a 2nd vehicle right now, but It sucks because its an exact copy of my old 93 SE.

I think the carfax said it has one accident on its books, so that probably explains the front damage.

otherwise, yea it probably needs more work than not.

I should drive over and just check it out lol.

Comment

Working...
      X