No announcement yet.

jdm_inspired : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been so busy lately, I haven't been able to update. Thanks again korubei (yes folks, he's still alive) for the wiring. Cluster is looking sweet. Converting KM to MPH is a different story. Things you gotta deal with to go straight up JDMYO.

BEFORE

AFTER

Much cleaner, although these are crappy pics. Still in process of the fitment.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

That definitely looks better. It looks less busy and the orientation of the gauges seems more intuitive.

Comment

That's looks great! You just have to remember a few KPH's realistically. Side street, main street and highway speeds. Then you're going to drive a MPH car and be driving slow as F because you're thinking in KPH haha!
        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah lol, going to have to use a sticky note and slap it on the dash til I get it down haha. It is much more cleaner. No indicators unless lit. That's what I like most. These are supposed to be lit Amber but I LED'd them and turned out great. I wanted the yellow needles to pop out the most and has great success with it. Would try to pop them off and throw them on a USDM but I'm scared to put both clusters out of calibration.

93 'til infinity

Comment

fucking great build, if my car was stock, it probably just like yours ! props !
            My Ride Thread
            The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
            Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

Originally posted by DragonEye View Post
              fucking great build, if my car was stock, it probably just like yours ! props !
              Appreciate it brother. Your build is going great too. Your building skills are very impressive.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                Learning how to read KM in a MPH world.

That is a pretty clean cluster. Is it reading accurately? Have you done a buck20 on i505 safely to see if it pasts 180kph?

Oh thanks for the rings, it definitely does set off the cluster a tad bit more. The LEDs look nice too.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                1994 Prelude V-Tec
                1999 CL 3.0
                2000 Prelude
                2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
                  That is a pretty clean cluster. Is it reading accurately? Have you done a buck20 on i505 safely to see if it pasts 180kph?

Oh thanks for the rings, it definitely does set off the cluster a tad bit more. The LEDs look nice too.
                  Been using my phone GPS speedometer. I think my phone is 5 mph off cause I thought my bb6 cluster was off. So I tried using my 2011 and it was roughly 5 mph off too. Wonder if I still need to ground it. Everything works fine minus the temp gauge. It's on and off. Must be a sensor or something.Yeah the LEDs are sweet. I need to buy you a pair. Makes a huge difference.

93 'til infinity

Comment

You need to be careful when you screw the gauges back in. The screws are the connection between the circuit board and the gauges. If you over tighten, you run the risk of breaking the circuit on the gauge. I had to learn the hard way myself.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                      You need to be careful when you screw the gauges back in. The screws are the connection between the circuit board and the gauges. If you over tighten, you run the risk of breaking the circuit on the gauge. I had to learn the hard way myself.
                      Yeah I was careful not to. Temp was acting funny even before I installed the bb6 cluster. I made sure I didn't over-torque it.

93 'til infinity

Comment

It looks good your detail on everything just keeps my attention on your car.
                        My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Hey butthead , still alive? Photoshoot soon.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

To those who know me personally, through this community, or Instagram, the news about my decision has been out. Approximately two months ago, I had to make a hard decision. I had an opportunity to get my hands on something I've been interested in for some time now. I had my eyes on a 6 speed 6 cylinder 8th gen Accord. Some of you may not know, but the availability of these are very slim. Although they were made in several quantities, it was not nearly as mass produced as the automatic versions. It's a rare breed indeed.

I wanted to test drive the car and debated whether or not I wanted to purchase the vehicle. If that was the end result, it had to meet two requirements. It had to be faster or nearly as fast as my 93. Secondly, it needs to be far better than my 2011 Accord i4 automatic.

I test drove it and made my decision. I purchased the vehicle in terms of what was more practical for me and longevity wise. The result of this purchase meant that I would have to get rid of the other two, the 93 included. The way I can best describe it is, this is both of my cars merged into one. The realiablilty and comfort of the 2011 with the speed and power of the 93.

After taking the 2012 6-6 home, I made freeway runs on both the 93 and 2012 to get a comparison on speed. I believe the 93 wins at a 1/4 mile but the 2012 wouldn't be far behind. The torque is quite outstanding and far more impressive than I thought from a Honda. It puts you in your seat.

Indefinitely I will miss my CB. It has been a passion of mines for over a decade. Although if I was wealthy, I'd keep it. However I'm thinking practicality and practicality finally won sentimental value. I also plan to build a family soon and so keeping this isn't in my future cards.

Furthermore, this is a better platform to build on out of the box, with Honda's amazing realiablilty, mods are almost endless. Smog will no longer be a headache and worrying where I have to park my car won't be so heavy. I love my CB but it's finally time to put it down. For those who tell me not to, it's too late. Yes this build was not of the typical, and it was tastefully done. No it wasn't a "buy all the jdm parts yo" and threw it together. This was my build, and it has my personality, love it or hate it.

...And that is why I stand by my word I could never sell it whole. There would only be a small handful I would sell it to whole and that's because I would know it would be in good hands. However even that thought is hard to swallow.

The legacy of this car will be spread across this forum however parts are already reserved. Close friends and friends who have helped me most with my build has first selections, regardless of how much more I can sell it for. My gratitude is to them and it is worth way more than the extra cash I could ever make. When the parts are for sale, I will post them in a FS thread. If they aren't on a thread, don't bother. Your message and PM will be ignored. Give me time to sort out what I have to remove first and last.

Also as mentioned before. I am and will forever be an enthusiast of Accords. Like my friend and tuner told me.
                            "Man you really stayed true with the Accord. I know your style. You make sure everything coordinates together".
                            He's absolutely right. I brainstorm often and I make sure everything interacts with each other. Everything. It's just the way I do things, and if you know me, any car I get my hands on will have its own style, cause it's whatever I envision in my mind that's possible.

So to a new build, my hats off to you all to keep us on the map!

Finally the cars.

A sad day for me:

2012 and 2011. I will be swapping parts over:

2011 and the 93:

8th gen potential on the 2011:

And the completely stock purchase...oh and me lol. The man behind the car:
                            Last edited by jdm_inspired; 07-06-2016, 07:04 PM.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Congrats! Hope your car goes to someone who appreciates it as much as you always did.

Comment

Wow... The end of an era. I may not have said much on your thread, but I have spent a lot of time checking it out!

Good luck with the new build! It goes without saying you'll make an impression in that generation.
                                1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Working...
                                X