Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1990 Honda Accord Brake Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 Honda Accord Brake Problems

Hello I have a 1990 HONDA ACCORD EX. Originally calipers were seizing on my car smoking blue at times and clicking when changing from reverse to drive drive to reverse I know it's a brake pad shift but even after having New rotors, calipers, brake lines and pads put on the car it seems the brake pads are shifting just as bad if not worse when moving the shifter to d or r the click only happens once when I press brake after changing gear selector. Please do not tell me this is normal as I drive my car for hours on end every day and I notice when the calipers/pads click the calipers/brakes start to overheat as I can even smell the burning when it does. My mechanic claims he can't figure it out and suggested a change of master cylinder but I do not think it is that. When I bought the car for the first two years it has never had a clicking in the brakes ever and I need to figure this out as it is my daily driver. Thank you in advanced for anyone who helps. Also I heard it may be the aftermarket brake pad guides saw online someone with a 2007 HONDA ACCORD had the same problems went to OEM HONDA shims and guides no problems after at all but before I start buying more parts I would like to get others opinions.

I seen a similar issue and it was the pad retainers. They were floppy, so my buddy ordered new replacement ones and it went away. They should be solid in the caliper bracket as well. Another issue may be that the pads may be a little smaller inside the caliper bracket thus causing movement.

Now when you start smelling your pads, can that be because they are new and not completely bedded in? Cause all new pads will make a smell for a little bit.

Even though the calipers are new, id take out the guide pins and regrease them. Perhaps they are sticking and not allowing the caliper to glide (or ) not allowing the pad to release.

Also Do this. WHen your car is in neutral and stopped put the car in drive without hitting the brakes. If you hear a click at this moment then that "click" that you hear may just be axle related or front motor mount related.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

One more thing to check is the adjustment on your brake switch. I had a similar situation where my brakes would lock up for no reason while i was driving. After i adjusted the brake switch, it went away..
      Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

UPDATE: OK here's what I've done so far to try and figure it out. I sat in drive with emergency brake kept shifting from reverse to drive I heard clicking once every 3-5 times or so but when I use the brake pedal I hear the click every time I go into reverse ONLY it was doing it going to drive too but not sure what happened. It still sounds like the pads shifting but I will have to see tonight when I'm working if the caliper still overheats. Thank you for both if your replies.

Comment

Working...
        X