Rear upper control arm question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear upper control arm question

So I lifted my accord with CRV springs and front struts to even it all out and I'm in the market for some tires. I've cut it down to 2 different tires and sizes, I'm worried my rear upper control arm will hit the tires if I go to tall. The tires are Dunlop Signature ii 205/70/15 or General Grabbers A/T 205/75/15(smallest size they come). Now I really want the Grabbers but I'm worried the 6-7 inch side walls will rub the control arm. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks guys!

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Measure from the center of the hub to the UCA while the suspension is loaded. That should give you an approximate measurement.

Then measure for the additional height across all parts of the UCA to make sure you don't rub anywhere.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Why lift it, and why so big of a tire?
      93 4dr ex 5 speed
      97 Integra DB7

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Measure from the center of the hub to the UCA while the suspension is loaded. That should give you an approximate measurement.

Then measure for the additional height across all parts of the UCA to make sure you don't rub anywhere.
        205/75/15 will hit the arm, I'm 90% sure it will. Too bad because they only make GeoLandars A/T's as a smaller size which is 205/70/15 but they don't have great reviews :/

Originally posted by ahdiofreak View Post
        Why lift it, and why so big of a tire?
        Why lower it? Why run tires that don't fit rims?

Because I want too, but it's already lifted

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

Comment

I have 225/45/17 at 24.97
          205/75/15 is 27.11

That's a 2.14 in difference in diameter which puts your tire 1.07" closer to the UCA. That is huge when your dealing with the rear suspension. I have about 1/4 - 1/2 in at the smallest part.

Ok, can you run wheel spacers? If you push the wheel out further to the outside, you'll gain additional clearance.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Is a remotely accurate speedometer reading of any importance?
            Regards from Oz,
            John.

Comment

Alright guys so 205/75/15 is out of the picture but I want to see if I can push 205/70/15 instead. I know there's a member on here that ran 205/65/15 on a coupe and he was good. But I'm curious how close he was to the arms.

Comment

depending on the shop, if you buy their tires they will mount it and test fit it for you.

CRV suspension huh, that's interesting. I have CRV swaybar endlinks if you need them...
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Pics?!:/… off road cb?
                  Last edited by Binladin; 01-26-2015, 01:53 AM. Reason: Ep
                  4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Originally posted by Binladin View Post
                    Pics?!:/… off road cb?
                    check out the MRT

Comment

Working...
                    X