missing map sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing map sensor

I bought the wagon a couple weeks ago. I was told by the seller that the car just needed an alternator. once i replaced the alternator, i still had a problem when i turn on the car and shuts off right away. thinking it was the ignition switch i got a new one. still had the same problem and the check engine light does not work. Was doing some searching on line for vacuum lines and noticed i didnt have a line going to the map sensor. So i check the map sensor and its not there. I got the map sensor and everything that you need for it from a donor car. The problem i am having is my car does not have the connecter to plug the sensor to the wiring harness.

First car.

go to that donor car and look at the harness that goes to the MAP sensor, compare and contrast, possibly maybe even swap it over.

Id also find out why the car starts and dies. Run codes at the ecu to see if that ecu is even working....it can be as simple as the ground wire on the thermostat not attached or nasty looking....that will cause the ecu not to turn on.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
    X