DEI Remote Start won't function - manual tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEI Remote Start won't function - manual tranny

I have a 1990 EX, manual transmission. I self installed an alarm with built in remote start - Clifford Responder LE Model 3.3x.

Anyone know which wire I hook up to the clutch switch to make the remote start work?

The remote start will work if I sit in the car and hold the clutch in with my foot. If I don’t , the remote start errors out and terminates.

I’m thinking the wire I need is on the alarm’s Remote Start wiring harness and is the Black/White Neutral safety switch input. But the alarm’s installation instructions say “connect it to the emergency brake wire. This input MUST rest at ground in order for the remote start to operate.”

So I hooked the B/W wire up to the E-brake, remote start doesn’t work and the error code flashes the parking lights 5 times which indicates the brake wire is active.

Other than this, the alarm works fine. Valet take over also works.

Any suggestions?
    90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

If your alarm doenst have a ground, what you can do is jump the clutch sensor wire which will disable yor clutch to start function. You have to be extremely careful when doing this because your car will start without the clutch. If yoru alarm has a seperate ground to start, you can use a volt meter and find out which one fo the two wires need to be grounded. That PB wire wont work...
    Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

If you have a positive output wire, you could just splice that into Blk-GRN of the clutch interlock switch.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

sonikaccord,
        I have this wire:
        H3/7 Pink /white (+) Ignition 2 flex relay output. “Ignition 2 or 2nd accessory or 2nd starter.”
        Is that the positive output that I splice into the Blk/Grn clutch interlock.

I don’t want to disable the clutch interlock switch since 1) it seems important 2) there must be some way of hooking this alarm up correctly.

Comment

Grab the blue wire either off of the 5 pin harness (with gray, purple/white) and run that to the clutch wire.

WHen the car remote starts the blue wire will activate (status negative output) and it will simulate the clutch being pressed. Make sure you got the right wire by using a continuity tester to ground. It should only have continuity when fully depressed.

Its been a while but basically any blue status out wire will work. Not sure if the location I said is the same.

For the black/white wire its the neutral safety switch. If you tested the ebrake wire and it shows ground and the unit doesn't remove start because the wire is hooked up then you got the wrong wire. You can simply ground it out or go directly to the EBRAKE or find it going up to the cluster.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by H.M. View Post
            sonikaccord,
            I have this wire:
            H3/7 Pink /white (+) Ignition 2 flex relay output. “Ignition 2 or 2nd accessory or 2nd starter.”
            Is that the positive output that I splice into the Blk/Grn clutch interlock.

I don’t want to disable the clutch interlock switch since 1) it seems important 2) there must be some way of hooking this alarm up correctly.
            Don't do this. Clutch is a negative signal.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
              Don't do this. Clutch is a negative signal.
              The schematic says one wire goes to Fuse #9 (Hot) and the other goes to the ECU.

Have you experienced something different? You install these for a living don't you? Maybe it's another member I'm thinking about.

Edit: I used a relay to make the connection. The output from the alarm brain energized the relay and simulated the clutch pedal being depressed.
              Last edited by sonikaccord; 06-25-2014, 07:38 AM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yea I do this for a living and never shot a positive to a clutch in my life for hindas toyotas and acuras.

Well the best way is to test it first. Find out what it needs, then give it what it wants

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Ok, per my install manual
                  The Remote Start Input – 5 Pin Harness has Black/white, Purple/white, Brown, Gray, Blue/White.
                  Manual says for the Blue/white (-) 200mA 2nd Status / defroster output: This wire supplies a 200 mA output as soon as the module begins the remote start process.
                  So connect this one to the clutch sensing wire?

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                    Yea I do this for a living and never shot a positive to a clutch in my life for hindas toyotas and acuras.

Well the best way is to test it first. Find out what it needs, then give it what it wants
                    I agree!

OP: Get a paper clip and some alligator clips or make something where you can ground the wire temporarily. If it starts like that then you can go ahead and hook the status wire up.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Ok, I think I understand this.

Temporarily tap a grounded wire into the wire coming off the clutch switch.
                      This will simulate the switch circuit being closed.

If the car starts with the temp ground then it means I can tap a wire from the alarm brain that sends a ground when the Remote Start is activated into the wire attached to the switch.

If this is the case, this wire should work:

Blue/white (-) 200mA 2nd Status / defroster output: This wire supplies a 200 mA output as soon as the module begins the remote start process.

Am I on track?

Comment

That's it!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                        X