Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filipino "Discussion" ***A cultural learning experience for everyone***

Whats up mga pare*?

Following the whole "crew" ordeal, I want to make a thread where Filipinos(or non-filipinos interested in filipino culture) can come and discuss phillippine culture, food, entertainment, etc. Lets try to keep it clean. For the convenience of the non-tagalog** speakers, I will try to translate everything I say, and I encourage everyone to follow.

I am going to start this off by saying:

"Kumusta*** mga cb7tuners. Mabuhay!"

Translation: "Hello cb7tuners. Welcome!(Mabuhay is a general greeting, almost like "aloha" in hawaii. Literal translation means "to live".

*mga - pluralizes the word after it
    pare - Close friend (male)
    mga pare - close friends (male)

**tagalog is the main language of the Philippines. It is only 1 of the 70 dialects spoken there.

***kumusta means "how are you" but is used as a greeting.
    My Ongoing CB7 Project

If you guys want to rep the PI(Philippine Islands). Put one of these in your sig.

My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

anong nangyari?
      So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
        anong nangyari?
        Translation="What happened"

Sa tingin ko, may nag-comment ng racial sa isa sa mga "crew threads". so dinelete nila yung mga crews.

English - I think someone made a racial comment in one of the "crew threads". So they deleted them.
        My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

interesting, i may check up on this thread, since my mom is too lazy to teach me tagalog, haha.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
            interesting, i may check up on this thread, since my mom is too lazy to teach me tagalog, haha.

wow ur flip to...hahah all the ppl with the crazy cars are flip...niceeeee
            So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

nice!

i was thinkin of staring a thread like this after the "crew" threads were deleated. yes, i personally didn't see it.. but a racial comment was made in one of the crews.. not in the "pinoy crew". then it had to be done, eventhough we were keepin it clean..
              i'll start it of with what you need to know regarding the Philippines Flag

The Philippines flag as we know it today, is revered by all Filipinos the world over. It is there national identity and like all nations the world over, conjures up pride, nationalism and can create heroes.
              The design of the Philippines flag, was concepted by General Emilio Aguinaldo, whilst in exile in Hong Kong. The year was 1897.

The national flag of the Philippines is blue, white and red, has an eight rayed golden sun and three five pointed stars which are situated in the white triangle portion.

As you can see the Philippines flag has a white equilateral triangle at the hoist end of the flag. In the centre of the white triangle is the eight rayed golden sun. The eight rays represent the eight provinces which first stood up against the might of the Spanish at that time. The provinces are:

Manila
              Cavite
              Bulacan
              Pampanga
              Nueva Ecija
              Bataan
              Laguna
              Batangas

The three golden stars in each corner of the white triangle represent the division of the Philippines into three island groups.

Luzon
              Visayas
              Mindanao

The colours of the Philippines flag are also symbolic. The white of the triangle shows equality and fraternity. The blue is representative of peace, truth and justice. The red stands for patriotism and valor.
              Last edited by casterX; 08-31-2006, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Im always floored at how a single flag can hold so much history!!
                Im curious as to what the cuisine is like/consists of?
                I had a buddy in AIT that was Filipino but we werent close so didnt get to talk to much about this.

Comment

What origins does tagalog have? It sounds so guttural, almost chinese and german.

Comment

My ex-girlfriend was Filipino, I was with her for two years. Needless to say I became an honorary Filipino, lol (i'm very white). I forgot all my Tagalog though, it's been about two or three years since the last time I talked to her.

Her parents were insane, lol...

Most memorable experience - trying balut. right when i was gonna eat it... they told me what it REALLY was. mang. i was gonna eat it till they told me the duck was inside.

oh yeah i did lots of FIlipino Student Union stuff in high school too.

Comment

Originally posted by allgo_allshow
                      What origins does tagalog have? It sounds so guttural, almost chinese and german.
                      I'm reading it's mandarin chinese and spanish,pretty neat!

Comment

PI Representin right here

Comment

pinoy repping in the 360 all the way.

Comment

how do you pronounce tagalog?

tag-a-log (the middle "a" being pronounced like the a in the alphabet)

tago-log(instead of the normal "a", it sounds more like an "o". ive heard it pronounced many ways and I always ask but never get a real solid answer, lol.

how about mga? is the m silent?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

im a big pool player, and the fillipino's are bascily the top players in the world, in fact they just won the first annual "world cup of pool".

Is pool really that big of a sport there? its hard to understand why there are so many great filipino players in relation to the rest of the world. From what i read, they all grew up hustling in pool halls jsut to eat, which is why they are so good

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X