cp[mike] : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that thing looks clean!

I just picked up a 93 EX-R 5-speed Coupe, with that same ... lovely interior colour.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
      Believe it or not, I might have to say yes - more stuff than what is in your garage. The pile included: aftermarket parts, motors, transmissions, heads, bumpers, 2 full interiors, 7 sets of taillights, 3 sets of JDM CC, carpets, tons of exterior parts, wheels & tires, doors, trunk lids, window glass, piles of engine parts (5 AC compressors, piles of distributors, EGR valves), manifolds, an exhaust, axles, oil pans, calipers and suspension, plus 2 stripped cars worth of control boxes and smaller items, and TONS of bolts. All of this stuff took up space in the garage, shed, under the porch, in my room, and in the utility room. I had enough parts to repair any of my own or my friends cars, without hardly spending a dime.

I've since reduced it by quite a bit! Sold the majority of the stock/OEM parts that I had around, and I sold or scrapped most of the big items. I only kept the things relevant to my current (and only) coupe, and maybe a single spare of key items that may break. I've collected a number of items since I've moved, but it still doesn't compare to what it used to be. Once I finish building this car, the pile should be reduced to pretty much nothing. I do still have the stock alloys, without tires.
      UNCLE! No "might" about it, I would HAVE to say yes. I purchased another shelf and managed to get everything into the 3rd bay of my garage so I can get one of the Accords in the 2nd bay now for the winter. I still have a hard time throwing things away (ditched a few tan door panels and other interior plastic pieces that had some of the clip tabs broken off) even though I can't hardly seem to give it away, much less sell it. All the requests I get these days are for parts I don't have or want to keep as spares for my cars.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

finally got all the pieces I needed to put together my new suspension! figured I would share a pic.

all new everything:
        - Koni Yellow adjustable shocks
        - Neuspeed Race springs
        - Koni Polyurethane Bumpstops
        - OEM plastic dust boots/bellows
        - OEM top hats
        - OEM rubber rear spring seats
        - ES red polyurethane front spring seats

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Love it , nice setup. Though I would prefer to be a little lower .

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

good stuff mike glad you didnt go full body coilovers

Comment

Ah yes! I remember that suspension photo from Facebook(No longer on that CB page)

I did the very same thing, bought everything brand new, either high quality aftermarket or OEM parts...right down the OEM nuts & bolts.

Like my father says, "Anything worth doin`, is worth doin` right"

Very nice! Keep up the good work

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

That's weird that one Koni label is high up and one is toward the base on the front shocks.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
                  Ah yes! I remember that suspension photo from Facebook(No longer on that CB page)

I did the very same thing, bought everything brand new, either high quality aftermarket or OEM parts...right down the OEM nuts & bolts.

Like my father says, "Anything worth doin`, is worth doin` right"

Very nice! Keep up the good work
                  Thanks dude, lot more to come in the future, hopefully sooner rather than later so stay tuned.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  That's weird that one Koni label is high up and one is toward the base on the front shocks.
                  Yeah, right? I figured that since they are different units (reverse brakeline bracket) they were probably assembled on a different assembly line / during a different shift / by a different employee / at a different time. I've had them both out before at the same time, but personally I didn't notice it until I was lining them up for the picture.

Current cars:

Comment

Nice!

Garage is so key, it just clears up your mind of a lot of things and when you've got that, it makes everything less stressful. My car's in the garage, and it's out of sight, out of mind as far as weather, people, etc.

Comment

So, THIS happened:

My signature picture was used in an official Honda-produced video about the NY Auto Show.
                      It was during the lead-in, as part of the introduction graphics.

You can see it at 2:18 in the following Youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZYSvxmXmxw#t=138

And here is the pic they used, followed by a screen grab of the pic being used in their video:

Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-03-2015, 09:23 AM.

Current cars:

Comment

That's great! I'll be taking a picture like that this summer so I'll be joining the club!

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

THAT! is cool as hell.

Congrats! Did you get any recognition?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                            THAT! is cool as hell.

Congrats! Did you get any recognition?
                            right??

nope, no recognition, somebody here from this site noticed it (he thought it was excalibur02's pic, actually. he has one taken in the same spot)

I am going to contact them about it. At least get a swag bag out of it or something lol. I've been a proud owner of 9 Hondas, hopefully they recognize that. I'm also proud that it was used to highlight the "still on the road" statistic - I feel I had a personal involvement in making that statistic true, by fixing so many of them and helping so many people through this site, so that's really cool.

Makes me really wonder where they got it, though. It was the "fullsize" pic that I posted to my facebook, and also posted here in my MR thread... so it was probably through Google, now that google had time to index my MR thread into their database... but still, if that was the case, they would have had the direct link to my MR thread and would have been able to contact me if they wanted to. My license plate was also clearly visible in the picture (which they edited out for the video..). If they got it from my *private* facebook page, then I have a problem with that...
                            Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-03-2015, 09:56 AM.

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                              right??

nope, no recognition, somebody here from this site noticed it (he thought it was excalibur02's pic, actually. he has one taken in the same spot)

I am going to contact them about it. At least get a swag bag out of it or something lol. I've been a proud owner of 9 Hondas, hopefully they recognize that. I'm also proud that it was used to highlight the "still on the road" statistic - I feel I had a personal involvement in making that statistic true, by fixing so many of them and helping so many people through this site, so that's really cool.

Makes me really wonder where they got it, though. It was the "fullsize" pic that I posted to my facebook, and also posted here in my MR thread... so it was probably through Google, now that google had time to index my MR thread into their database... but still, if that was the case, they would have had the direct link to my MR thread and would have been able to contact me if they wanted to. My license plate was also clearly visible in the picture (which they edited out for the video..). If they got it from my *private* facebook page, then I have a problem with that...
                              Lol that was me , sorry mike. It was late night and the last person I could remember with that picture was Excalibur.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Looking good, Mike!
                                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X