Facts about the wagon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facts about the wagon...

I'm pretty sure the majority knows almost all there is to know about coupes and sedans. But what about the wagon?

- Like I learned (from draxo) that sedan rear doors won't swap over a wagon
    - I noticed that 91s & 92s have the same tail lights (need confirmation)

So I think this would be a great way for people who have wagons to share their knowledge and experience to current, "would-be" and "switchers" (coupe/sedan to wagon) owners out there.

Sedan/Coupe tails won't dirrectly bolt onto wagons.
    Wagons have different front and rear bumpers vs. sedans/coupes.
    Wagons have larger brakes.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Also, sedan/coupe exhaust won't fit on wagons.
      (wagons' exhaust exit further towards the right)

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Cb9 started in 91, and that yr has only 1 bumper style, very nice, it has a longer nose, I have it on my coupe. 9293 cb9 has same front bumpers as 9293 2/4drs cb7s.

The 91 cb9 bumper lights r longer than 9091 bumper lights, looks the same, but they aint.

Cb9s came with 15in steelies.

There's 1 6x9 in the trunk of the cb9.

I can't think of anything else.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

cb9 ex-r (american ex) came with factory keyless entry
          they have rear speakers mounted up on the liner instead of on the doors
          cb9 bumper lights are different
          fog lights are different
          (i've been told) only about 250 cb9's came stock 5speed to canada
          they came with fullsize spare
          you can't put anything less than a 15" rim on the front (because of the wagon discs
          the rear seats can fold down in such a way that it will be perfect flat (sedans and coupes can't do this)

and lastly.. they are fun to drift in the snow
          edit: they are cool cuz i own one

Members Ride

Comment

all wagons came with f22a6?

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
              all wagons came with f22a6?
              Shit I forgot about the wagon Ex keyless entry

And no not all cb9s came with A6, there's also an Lx model I don't no what motor tho
              Last edited by F20A CB7; 10-17-2008, 05:13 PM.

Comment

The LX came with the F22a1.

The 92-93 front bumper is similar to the sedans, but has more reinforcment due to the added weight of the wagon.

Wagon clusters max out at 140 instead of 130.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

the 2 rear channel speaker wires go right into the one rear 6x9 speaker w built in cross over
                  wagon have the 140 mph cluster
                  wagon bumper suspport is much bigger than sedan/coupes
                  only the 91 wagon front signals are bigger than any other cb
                  they came with a doggie net
                  they came with bigger rotors
                  jdm wagon fogs are the same as usdm fogs.
                  wagon stock springs are bigger
                  wagons have 3 water squirts
                  92-93 wagons came with moldings like the 90-91 cb
                  and wagons rule
                  Last edited by JARHEAD293; 10-17-2008, 05:25 PM.

Comment

^^^^Yeah WAGONS Rule!!!

Comment

Why does the cluster goes to 140 mph instead of 130 ?! isnt it more heavy !

Comment

The tranny has a different gear ratio and Wagons are faster!!! JK

Comment

Just a few posts and I've learned so much already! Keep 'em coming...

Comment

Originally posted by lonski View Post
                            Just a few posts and I've learned so much already! Keep 'em coming...
                            I can't think of anything else meng.

I'm thinkin I'm thinkin.

Comment

Good lord. I know I'm not going to remember everything first try but here it goes.

As others have said, CB9's use larger front brakes than CB7's. They use 11.1" rotors over a 17CL15VN caliper. This is the same caliper that is used on a number of other Honda/Acura cars including...

97-99 Acura CL V6 Coupe
                              97-01 Acura Integra Type R
                              91-95 Acura Legend
                              96-98 Acura RL
                              95-98 Acura TL
                              92-95 Acura Vigor
                              95-01 Honda Accord V6
                              93-96 Honda Prelude VTEC
                              97-01 Honda Prelude
                              97-01 Honda CR-V
                              95-98 Honda Odyssey

However, you have to be careful as there are different brackets used in each application. They are 23T, 25T, 28T. CB9's use the 25T bracket.

The tail lights on CB9's are different than on CB7's. All year CB9's shared the same tail light design, which is incredibly similar to the 90-91 CB7 tail light design. Even though they appear virtually identical, neither can be swapped for another. The gasket pattern on the back of the headlights is physically different between the two. Also, CB9 tail lights have an angled break in them where the hatch separates the inner and outer portions. On CB7's, this break is not angled but is rather vertical. Because of this, along with the gasket issue, neither can be used in place of the other. I know people have modified CB7 tail lights to fit on the CB9 chassis, however it involves extensive body work.

The antenna on a CB9 is different than the antenna on a CB7. The mounting plate for the antenna on the body of the car is vastly different than on the CB7. Whereas the antenna is merely passed though with a quarter sized hole on the CB7, the CB9 uses a roughly 3"x2" oval as the mounting flange. This makes shaving the antenna on CB9's far more difficult. CB9 antennas leak just as easily as CB7 antennas, so they aren't completely different.

The interiors of CB9's are more similar to 92-93 CB7's. When Honda released the CB9 in 91, they were the only CB to have no automatic seatbelts. The CB9 also featured a steering wheel with an airbag. Looking back, it seems that Honda had already designed everything for the 92-93 CB7's back when they did the initial design work on the 90-91's. Odd that they would debut the "upgrades" in the 91 CB9.

The exhaust on the CB9 is different than on the CB7. However, this difference is virtually meaningless when you compare the two. Same location for the hangars, same bolts, same pretty much everything. Major difference here is the slight crook in the end of the exhaust tip after the muffler. On CB9's it crooks to the right, to allow people to get easier access to the hatch and not burn themselves.

The bumper covers on CB9's are different than on CB7's. The 91 CB9 front bumper cover looks nothing like any of the other bumper covers. It features larger turn signals than any other CB. However, it has the accommodations for OEM fog lights. The 92-93 CB9 front bumper cover looks exactly like the 92-93 CB7 front bumper cover. It uses the same turn signals as 92-93 CB7's. However, as with the 91 CB9, it uses a larger bumper support (the hard part that actually protects you) and larger bumper reinforcement (the foam that does pretty much nothing). This means that when you try and swap a CB7 front bumper cover onto a CB9 with a stock bumper reinforcement and stock bumper support the bumper cover will hardly fit at all. On the flip side, trying to get a CB9 bumper cover to fit perfectly on a CB7 will leave a great deal of play even after mounting. These issues can be avoided by just keep everything together with it's stock counterpart. They all use the same mounting points so you *should* be able to swap over everything from a CB7 to a CB9 and vice a verse a. I haven't tested this in person, but I'm willing to say that's it true from the sets I've seen. As for the rear bumpers, all CB9's have different rear bumpers than CB7's. The CB9 bumper covers have rubber moldings on the top at the hatch to prevent you from scratching the paint when removing items. It also has the cut out for the exhaust far to the right as opposed to the CB7 cut out, which is much farther towards the center of the car. This means that rear lips meant for the CB7 don't work without modifications on CB9's.

I'm going to take a break. I'll post some more up when I've thought some more.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Working...
                              X