Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fog light issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fog light issue

i just installed some oem fog light . but 1 is stronger then the other...both bulb are brand new...

any suggestion?
    My signature works perfectly fine.

polish up both of them, also i heard that they are supposed to be like that normally. were they new or used? junkyard item?

Comment

Check the wiring with a multimeter. Look for a voltage drop on the dimmer light.
      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
      '93 EX 5-speed coupe
      Short ram intake
      Tenrai Himoto catback
      Smashed front end
      Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

there brand new..anyways that problem doesn't matter cuz i have a bigger 1.

just today i was driving.. the fog was working perfectly(it's just been 2 days that i installed them)suddenly the fog went off and when press on the fog switch the light of the switch come on but the fog light doesn't.

any 1 had this problem or know what is it?

Comment

need new bulbs??

I notice that you stated that its new bulbs..but you can always check..
          same problem i had when i first got mine..with new bulbs and work great ..
          Last edited by kouzie; 03-02-2008, 02:48 AM.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

do u have oem or depot?

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293
              do u have oem or depot?
              depot..i bought it from procartpart.

Comment

ok i remember when we installee the depot fogs on gemini's car, they had problems staying on. it was the plug that goes in the fuse box, it didn't fit right and kept popping out. so take a look at it

Comment

i was checking the wiring and the fuse today...when i took out the fuse it was burned.so puted another 1. as soon as i press on the fog light switch i hear a click and the fuse burns.i tired that several of time..i burned around like 4 fuses.after i tired to put a 30 volt fuse(i dun know what is called)..that to burned... i am pretty sure it's a short circuit somewhere... i just got installed a auto-starter and it's somehow effecting the fog light. but i dun know from where.

Comment

my old cb used to do that...instead of doing hard stuff..
                    i just put a bigger volt fuse...work fine..not a thing happen ever since..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

There's a reason the manufacturer uses a specific amperage of fuse for a specific accessory. It's to prevent an electrical fire in the event of a short. Find the short, fix it and replace the fuse.
                      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                      Short ram intake
                      Tenrai Himoto catback
                      Smashed front end

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
                        There's a reason the manufacturer uses a specific amperage of fuse for a specific accessory. It's to prevent an electrical fire in the event of a short. Find the short, fix it and replace the fuse.
                        Its rated in accordance to the wiresize so that if there is a short the fusible link is smaller than the wire so the link burns off before any damage is done to the wires.

BTW CB7 Accord, Fuses go buy amps, not volts. You could put 1000V thru a 10A fuse as long as the amperage was below 10A
                        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7

BTW CB7 Accord, Fuses go buy amps, not volts. You could put 1000V thru a 10A fuse as long as the amperage was below 10A

OH my bad.....i'm just saying what the guy said......

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                            Every fuse is rated by amps. A fuse is rated for how much current it will flow before burning up. Voltage is simply a rating of how large of a gap the electricity will jump. You could play with a spark plug tester with your bare hands if you'd like. 60,000 volts will do pretty much nothing to you as long as the current is only a few milliamps. Anything over a quarter amp can kill you if it hits you in the right spot. Hell, the Lithium Hot Shot stun gun puts out 975,000 volts but you could move around without any ill effects a couple of seconds after getting hit with it.

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                            Short ram intake
                            Tenrai Himoto catback
                            Smashed front end

Comment

Working...
                            X