USN Peeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USN Peeps

Any retired or currently on Active Duty , if you guys don't mind me asking some questions and some advice's on PM's. I'm thinking of joining in for the USN. I'm currently 27 and I said to myself that it's never late to join in.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ExplodingCake; 05-04-2013, 09:46 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

While I'm Army, I occasionally operate in a Joint Forces capacity. If I don't know the answer I'm sure I know someone who does.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I work at a Navy base, so I work with a lot of active duty and retired Navy personnel. I'll be happy to ask questions for you.

Comment

I'm active duty navy. Pm for questions or ask here doesn't bother me any.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
          Any retired or currently on Active Duty , if you guys don't mind me asking some questions and some advice's on PM's. I'm thinking of joining in for the USN. I'm currently 27 and I said to myself that it's never late to join in.

Thanks in advance.
          Navy age limit is 34 for enlisted and 35 for officer
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
            I believe they actually lowered the age limit for officers, but you can get waivers.

Active Duty Navy Corpsman, HM3 at your service.
            Last edited by tutsuo; 05-06-2013, 11:01 AM.
            Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
            den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
              I believe they actually lowered the age limit for officers, but you can get waivers.

Active Duty Navy, HM3 at your service.
              Gotcha.

I was a pussy and played with the idea of joining the service a few times. As I got older the Navy was the last option I had before I was a pussy for life and didn't join.

Too old to do anything but bitch about it now. I was a pussy, should've joined. Country needs people like me to be the ones standing up and fighting. I shouldn't have been a pussy. Too many pussies manned up, makes me feel like an even bigger pussy.

Lol
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Gotcha.

I was a pussy and played with the idea of joining the service a few times. As I got older the Navy was the last option I had before I was a pussy for life and didn't join.

Too old to do anything but bitch about it now. I was a pussy, should've joined. Country needs people like me to be the ones standing up and fighting. I shouldn't have been a pussy. Too many pussies manned up, makes me feel like an even bigger pussy.

Lol

Nah no worries, depending on your rate, you would have been on a Ship in the middle of the ocean firing missles or in the USA pushing paper/working at a hospital.

I'll tell you something though, the military helps ALOT. Im not much for materialistic shit but i have 2 Alienware laptops a big ass TV spending made cash on my Accord and a motorcycle. I eat sushi every weekend spend $200 every weekend and STILL saving money. And since all i really like doing is gaming and racing iv saved enough money to buy a brand new decent car in cash.

Only bad thing is the bullshit you have to deal with in the military. Im 27 years old and since i joined late im only an 3rd Class PO and have to listen to HM2 thats like 22 trying to explain life to me like hes lived it and is older

PS- I also have the highest credit score of anyone i know.
                Last edited by tutsuo; 05-06-2013, 11:10 AM.
                Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  I'm active duty navy. Pm for questions or ask here doesn't bother me any.
                  Originally posted by tutsuo View Post

Active Duty Navy Corpsman, HM3 at your service.
                  PM'd kind sirs.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Ygpm. My rate btw is AWF2 in case you wanted to know
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Enlisted not sure officer is 27 for pilot waiverable to 29, any other officer 29 waiverable up to 32
                      ~Nick~

Comment

Army infantry...... The best way to
                        Go! Pm me any questions

Why support us when you can be us!

Comment

Enlisted not sure officer is 27 for pilot waiverable to 29, any other officer 29 waiverable up to 32
                          Nah, look at navy.com

http://www.navy.com/joining/qualifications.html

This is the link specifically.

I am right.

"Enlisted Qualifications
                          See if you meet these basic Navy requirements. If you’re qualified to join, check out the next steps to take. Or check out information about new recruits. If you have any questions or need further details about any of the standards to enlist, talk to a Navy recruiter.

You must be no older than 34 but at least 17 years old. If you are not yet 18, you must have parental consent."

and for officer;

"Officer Qualifications
                          Navy Officers must exhibit high moral standards and strong academic performance. See if you meet these basic Navy Officer recruiting requirements. If you’re qualified to enter one of the Officer training programs, check out the next steps to take. Questions? Talk to a Navy recruiter.

You must be no older than 35 but at least 19 years old depending on the program desired (waivers may be granted for positions in high demand)."

Comment

11b??

Hell no.

There are plenty of jobs in the military, but Infantry is fucking rough.

Avoid it if you can Lulz.

If I could go back id do something cool like 13b (canon crewmember) or 15R(Apache Mechanic)

Ruck'n sucks lol.
                            Last edited by Ralphie; 05-07-2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

AWF, ahh shit. I got out 3 years ago. Served 10 years.

I was an AT Aircrew on P-3's then we got crossrated to AWVs my last year!
                              Even though I never changed my patches, said fuck em!

I am 34 now and couldn't deal with the b.s. the navy offers today!
                              I deal with them everyday, and I am glad I made my decision.
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X