No announcement yet.

2013 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compared to their direct Japanese competition, which I feel is Toyota and Nissan, Honda has managed to hold their own with fewer models. I suppose it could be argued that the Accord is better compared to the Avalon and Maxima in terms of build quality and refinement, though the pricing and features definitely put it in Camry/Altima territory.

Still, when every company is upsizing and bloating their lineup, it's really nice to see Honda shrinking the Accord. Make the Legend a boat... but keep the Accord a nimble family vehicle with some sporty soul.

Comment

I did here that the RL only sold at a mere 34 cars..
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I'm in love with the sedan
        MRTvvv
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193522

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The American Accord and the rest of the world's Accord are often different anyway (and it gives us a TSX that isn't simply a rebadged "Accord" as we know it in the US!)

It's cool to see that it's getting a bit smaller. It seems to me that the slot occupied by the Accord, Altima, Camry, etc... is just getting larger and larger, to the point where the cars are just too large to be anything but people-haulers. Honda has always made an effort to create vehicles that are fun to drive. I hope they truly are remembering that, and making an effort to stick to it.

I'm actually surprised Honda doesn't have one more car above the Accord... Toyota has the Avalon, Nissan has the Maxima...
          I am aware of the TSX/Accord relationship, which deals mostly with the fact that Euro cars are taxed on size. However, sales of the Accord in Europe have been so low that I don't know that it will even continue. There hasn't been a lot of clarification on that point yet. So far, the TSX is still here for 2013...

Also, most of the growth in size has been mandated by safety requirements. If you are going to require a car to survive every conceivable crash scenario with a low probability of injury, then you are going to need crush space and structure to accomplish it. Simple as that. Yes, Honda has added space to the interior, but realistically, a ton of the additional size is crash requirements. Not necessarily saying it is a bad thing, just that they have to do it.

Also, if you look at Avalon and Maxima sales, there is no reason to invest the money. The Avalon does OK sometimes (hasn't been doing as well lately),. and the Maxima is not exactly burning off the lots either. That would be a lot of development cost for a very marginally selling product. I think Honda partly made that mistake with the 8th gen (tried to lure both segments) but got the message about the size of the Accord. The fact that this car doesn't give up hardly anything in interior space, but manages to lose 3" (and it is roomier in back than the 7th gen) is pretty impressive. The rest of the package is pretty impressive as well.

Yes, it is a bit more numb than say, the CB7, but then again, it is far more rigid, far more efficient, WAAAAAY faster, has nicer materials in many parts of the car, larger trunk, more space, is far quieter and smoother, has a lot more standard features, but doesn't really cost too much more when adjusted for inflation. In fact, at $32K for the Touring V6, it may not cost more at all when adjusted for inflation.

I was VERY wary about this car based on Honda's recent performance, and other recent product launches (where something like half the product has me saying WTF). I was even more pissed off when I heard about the struts. However, by and large, from what I can tell, Honda built a great...Honda, and a fantastic Accord. It sort of reminds me about the shit I used to get when I would talk about the 7th/8th gen and would get "I don't like it" by people who had never even touched one. Then, all of a sudden, several years down the road, low and behold which demographic is coming around to the idea of a used 7th or 8th gen Accord...

The best way I can think of to describe the overall feel of the car is "velvet missle." Definitely not far behind some serious performance cars, and yet it is smooth, innocuous, affordable and has everything Hondas should. Needless to say, I am not upset at the prospect of trading the 09 for a 13, which I can't say for when we went '06==>'09. I look forward to hopefully getting one.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

so i was at the dealership today and seen that they have a sport model for accords now

it was a sedan and it looked really nice from the front but i wasn't to stoked on the rear or side view

i assume this is the first year they have had a "sport" model
            ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
              so i was at the dealership today and seen that they have a sport model for accords now

it was a sedan and it looked really nice from the front but i wasn't to stoked on the rear or side view

i assume this is the first year they have had a "sport" model
              what no pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                what no pics?
                no phone with camera and didn't have the gopro with me

i will get some on thursday when i go to pick up my parts
                ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

All Front. No Ass. I dig the big bodies of them now. The front is damn well sex, COUPE AND SEDAN! But the back. No. Its a Honda not a Hyundai. The rims need to be bigger, no biggie, need to see a factory lip kit. Also need to see a difference in rear ends soon. So it is half assed to me. I personally fell in love with the 8th gens. I'd love to get a Black SE with Tan interior. Then do some of my keepinitclean thinking and tuning but they are still expensive. I am young. Therefore I shall wait for them to be the price of a Cb7. BTW what's the sticker price for the 9th gens? My Cb7 was like 22,000 when my parents got it. I'll post a pic in a second.

So this is the dealer sticker of my Accord. Yeup, this is the top trim. I want to see the price on the new top trim.

K. So I just built my own one on the website. Top model and everything and the est. cost is about $36,500. Damn. Well i'll wait this one out.
                  Last edited by keepinitclean; 10-16-2012, 10:28 PM.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                    All Front. No Ass. I dig the big bodies of them now. The front is damn well sex, COUPE AND SEDAN! But the back. No. Its a Honda not a Hyundai. The rims need to be bigger, no biggie, need to see a factory lip kit. Also need to see a difference in rear ends soon. So it is half assed to me. I personally fell in love with the 8th gens. I'd love to get a Black SE with Tan interior. Then do some of my keepinitclean thinking and tuning but they are still expensive. I am young. Therefore I shall wait for them to be the price of a Cb7. BTW what's the sticker price for the 9th gens? My Cb7 was like 22,000 when my parents got it. I'll post a pic in a second.

So this is the dealer sticker of my Accord. Yeup, this is the top trim. I want to see the price on the new top trim.

K. So I just built my own one on the website. Top model and everything and the est. cost is about $36,500. Damn. Well i'll wait this one out.
                    Probably need a little math practice.

Go take that $22K figure to an inflation calculator and adjust it for inflation. See what you get. My 1990 came out to just shy of $31K in 5 years ago dollars. I would be willing to bet that that $22K comes out to right around $34-36K in today's dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                      Probably need a little math practice.

Go take that $22K figure to an inflation calculator and adjust it for inflation. See what you get. My 1990 came out to just shy of $31K in 5 years ago dollars. I would be willing to bet that that $22K comes out to right around $34-36K in today's dollars.
                      Actually, I did it for you, and when adjusted for inflation, that 1995 Accord would cost you $35,231 today.

So essentially, for essentially $1,000 bucks you get power seats, one touch front windows, navigation (voice activitated at that), all of the other connective technology (Hondalink, FM traffic, Pandora, Aha, text capability, Bluetooth, Homelink, etc etc), more fuel efficiency (V6 is probably nearly identical with 140 more HP, 2 extra gears), a lot more space, higher quality leather, a larger trunk, LED headlamps and tail-lamps, DRL, 8-10 airbags, much better crash performance, automatic cruise control, lane departure warning, backup camera, variable windshield wipers, better paint, and even more additional features?

I'll take it!

Comment

The group of engineers who designed CB7 should be given a Nobel prize.
                        Honda should have kept the CB7 design and stuff it all the advanced options.

I mean these don't look like rides, they're good for a sci-fi movie like the fifth element.

Comment

Here is an interesting revelation:

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...&page_number=1

Apparently the new V6 6MT is about 20HP and 20lb-ft stronger than the old one. In fact, it slightly exceeds the old TL-S unit on 87 octane (while the TL-S needed 91+).

Sounds fantastic too. Definitely worth a test drive.

As for the auto equipped cars, I can assure you the difference is a lot larger than this. Take a look at that nice torque curve too. The engine had about 200 miles on it, and I know from lots of experience that the J series usually needs about 5K miles to completely break in.
                          Last edited by owequitit; 02-18-2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Nearly 260whp is impressive. Either that engine is seriously under-rated, or they've somehow managed to get away with a 6% drivetrain loss! It's only rated at 278 at the crank ("only" ) At a reasonable 15% drivetrain loss, that engine would be cranking out over 300 in reality.
                            This is, of course, assuming that the dyno isn't terribly optimistic.

The new V6 only requires 87 octane? Wow! I figured that would be a premium fuel engine. I wonder if there are any gains to be had by retuning the ECU and using a higher octane fuel...

It seems most cars these days, even the high end ones, are programmed to pull timing to make lower octane fuels safe, if not ideal. My Cadillac does that.

Comment

How come new honda cars don't come with turbos like subi's and stuff... or the leave that up 2 us =)?
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Generally, turbocharged engines have a shorter lifespan, especially if you take into account the fact that many people tend to neglect proper maintenance.
                                Honda's products, for the most part, are a genius way of providing high-tech performance in an idiot-proof package. Toyota does much the same with the majority of their products.
                                Turbo engines also generally require premium fuel, and produce lower fuel economy than N/A engines. In today's eco-conscious world, that's a bad idea for a company that has built its reputation on efficient vehicles!

Plus, Honda's "thing" has often been about producing sporty FWD cars with fairly small naturally aspirated engines (often making impressive power, AND providing reliability and economy.)

Comment

Working...
                                X