Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Water/Methanol Injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water/Methanol Injection

i was just wondering if water/methanol injection would be good on a h22 turbo.it makes the engine much cooler so u can boost more..why no 1 on cb7tuner did it..i am planing on doing it but not sure tho...

any suggestion any 1 thx.
    My signature works perfectly fine.

ive considered it and it has been discussed ALOT in the past...

the only problem with running a meth kit is the greater potential of something going wrong. Whether it be a nozzle issue, pump goes out, line is leaking etc; those are all very small mistakes that can cause major damage to an engine that is tuned so lean.

Many of the higher end kits like SNOW try to take care of these things. But in my personal opinion, a big FMIC should run cool enough, and if you really want the power, just get tuned for race gas.

If your car is a strict street car then look into it. It is by no means a bad option/power adder

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I was thinkin of doin the same thing but as exr33 said, there are more things that can go wrong with it. Unless your kit is installed flawlessly and tested and checked over time and time again, there is a chance something could go wrong. If its worth the risk to you then go for it. Theres an Evo 8 around here pushin 30 psi on a 35r with pump gas and ethanol injection daily driven. He said that he could crank it up to 36 psi at the track on race fuel. Oh btw its pushin 582 AWHP and 481 AWTQ. Hows that for a daily driver? Lodollar would know lol

Heres a link the evo 8........or should i say the Evilution lol
      http://www.dallasimports.net/forums/...owtopic=102464

Comment

Also I'm not sure if anyone here has had any experience tuning with water/meth injection?
        As 91exr33 said, Big FMIC should do enough cooling, and then you could always add a IC water sprayer, Or Co2 spray across the face of it for extra cooling.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

also i know that when you tune with methanol stoic is like 14.3 where as it would normally be around 11.8-12. so 14.3 is WAY lean so if somethin happens with the methanol. Say bye bye to your motor

Comment

this is my next project to do, water/meth injection you only tune the portion of the map when you start spraying meth/water and most kits comes with this light that tells you its working or not when you get on it, for example if the nozzle is spraying or not or the pump goes out

Comment

hey i see you changed ur sig.....i like it lol. I cant believe you can drive with your bumper/lip that close to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischhorn
                hey i see you changed ur sig.....i like it lol. I cant believe you can drive with your bumper/lip that close to the ground.
                haha its already cracked up, im looking for a new lip

Comment

so it would be better to run on fuel race then water/metho injection??fuel race much more rich less change of leaning out and blowing my engine...cuz whit both u can boost more so bascially 1 is safer then the other 1 and it does almost the same job. right?

and also what if i am tuned rich...whit water/metho i would be on the safe side for more boost no?
                  Last edited by psycobone; 06-01-2008, 11:41 PM.
                  My signature works perfectly fine.

Comment

Water/methanol injection is pretty reliable. Having a pump or something fail probably wouldn't be nearly as bad as having an injector fail under full boost. And like it was mentioned before, they usually come with a light to let you know when the system is active. It's just another safeguard, same as running higher octane fuel, but cheaper if the car is daily driven and pushing the detonation threshold of pump gas.

Most people only use at the track when they really want to crank up the boost, but I know a lot of EVO and Sti owners that swear by it in their daily drivers, especially here in Vegas on 100°+ days.

-Kyle
                    SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                    -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Working...
                    X