Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 turbo setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 turbo setup?

i was planning on going nitrous but i change my mind...my friend just bought a ek b18 turbo and it pulls hard..so now i am planing to go turbo..just need some help on what kinda turbo will be the best for a h22a. and some basic setup suggestion...

thanks for any suggestion.
    My signature works perfectly fine.

Originally posted by psycobone
    i was planning on going nitrous but i change my mind...my friend just bought a ek b18 turbo and it pulls hard..so now i am planing to go turbo..just need some help on what kinda turbo will be the best for a h22a. and some basic setup suggestion...

thanks for any suggestion.

nothing smaller than a t3 is good.

you have to lower the compression a bit with low compression pistons

i think you might need rods to, and while you at that, might as well change the main bearings and the seals in the block.

it be good if you went with at least Type S Valve train. More air is good.

The block on the h22 can handle boost pretty good.

I would port and polish the head for quicker air flow.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
      nothing smaller than a t3 is good.

you have to lower the compression a bit with low compression pistons

i think you might need rods to, and while you at that, might as well change the main bearings and the seals in the block.

it be good if you went with at least Type S Valve train. More air is good.

The block on the h22 can handle boost pretty good.

I would port and polish the head for quicker air flow.
      t3....I feel like we've talked about this before....stop saying t3. There are too many sizes of t3's to wrap them all into one category.

It does NOT need lower compression. What he does need is an excellent tune.

The stock head breathes well enough for a basic setup, which is what the OP wants.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i know for low boost i dun need to lower my compression or maybe just put a head spacer...

what i am really asking is what turbo,intercoler,turbo manifold,injector,wastegate..etc is good for a h22a...

thanks.

Comment

you want all that on a silver platter too?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Read through this section. Read through the members rides threads of people like mozzandherb and blazen_accord, who have boosted stock-block H22s. Get an idea of what you need, rather than asking to be spoon fed.

If you have to ask how to do it from the very beginning... you don't know enough. You'll blow something up. Nobody is going to hold your hand the whole way, and if YOU don't understand what you're doing, you might not understand good instructions (and as for the information in this thread, there is already good and bad info given... you wouldn't even know who to trust!)

Boosting a stock-block H22 is risky even when you know what you're doing. The high compression makes it necessary to tune your ECU VERY well... or risk doing some major damage. There isn't much room for error with 10.6:1 compression.

First off... do you have a dyno and a knowledgeable tuner nearby? You don't want to trust a street tune for a stock block H22 turbo... You can attempt that with an F22, if you know what you're doing... but all the stock-block H22 turbo guys I know have had a dyno tune.

Comment

ye i do have a tuner and yes i will dyno tune...and i know about turbo..but i am not a genius...i meant like the brand name of the components of the turbo...cuz i see a lot of turbo brand and other stuff..just wanted to know which 1 are good.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                t3....I feel like we've talked about this before....stop saying t3. There are too many sizes of t3's to wrap them all into one category.

It does NOT need lower compression. What he does need is an excellent tune.

The stock head breathes well enough for a basic setup, which is what the OP wants.
                well im talking about the biggest motherfucking T3 on the face of this plannet. full boost at 5k yo.
                miss my turbo cb7
                moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Check out my member's ride thread in the link below and PM me if you have any questions

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

thx...really helpfull ur ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by psycobone
                      ye i do have a tuner and yes i will dyno tune...and i know about turbo..but i am not a genius...i meant like the brand name of the components of the turbo...cuz i see a lot of turbo brand and other stuff..just wanted to know which 1 are good.
                      Brand name and model does not matter much when building a properly turbo kit for a stock H22A and specially more for a builted engine. It the part quality and the turbo internal and housing.. My turbo is S256 with a 50 trim with extended trim compressor: specs are 56mm inducer and exducer is 78mm and extended tip 84mm. Max for 550whp@30spi flow 55lb/min.

Anyway if this is over your head then I suggest talking with your dyno tunner shop as to select a spec for a turbo that will match your driving style and money. Sure I can tell you to get a garrett t3/t4 or a to4e/t3 turbo, TD05/TD06H-18G, but that like telling you to go to honda dealer to buy a car- you need the car model, engine type, 2door-4door... you get the point. Here is a site with many different pre-package turbo kit for h22 http://www.turbo-kits.com/prelude_turbo_kits.html Once you know what you need and have the knownledge to piece together your own turbo kit , you save a lot of money. Just know without greating tuning and turbo knownledge, most 7/10 turbo h22 stock will not last more then 2-3 months. Gl on your project
                      Last edited by blazen_accord; 04-09-2008, 06:49 PM.
                      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

I agree that boosting a stock h22 takes some knowledge about the tuning involved at what you are tuning. You do not need those turbo's mentionned above, the only reason I went with my set-up is because I have plans on more power later on. Tuning is the most important factor and I would recommend going to talk to some tuners to get an idea of what they know about what you want

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22

Comment

Learning something about what it takes to tune for turbo yourself is important as well. blazen_accord, didn't you lose a turbo F22 because your tuner did something totally stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Learning something about what it takes to tune for turbo yourself is important as well. blazen_accord, didn't you lose a turbo F22 because your tuner did something totally stupid?
                            Yes- there are good tuner and there are lazy tuner out there. back about 3 year ago..at the time there was only a DSM tuner shop close by and they sell S-AFC. I drop the car off to get tune and they BUTT tune them WITHOUT A DYNO. Just because they assume it an weakly 130hp accord they get careless and don't check little thing when tuning. too much advanced timing under boost with the SAFC blew cylinder 2+3. Now I go and watch all dyno tune session done on my current setup and ask question when I supect anything.
                            90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                            < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Actually a lot of people assume that tuning with a dyno is the only way to go, when in fact there are a lot good tuners who street tune the car and then go to a dyno. So just because someone has a dyno, dont assume that they're good at tuning...that's just a word of advice

SOLD!!
                              Boosted H22

Comment

Working...
                              X