Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distributor

can f22a distributor can be used on the h22a???

and if it can then does it make a diffrence if ur using a f22 distributor on h22.like performance wise or anything?
    My signature works perfectly fine.

Originally posted by psycobone
    can f22a distributor can be used on the h22a???

and if it can then does it make a diffrence if ur using a f22 distributor on h22.like performance wise or anything?
    I believe they can if they both internally/externally coiled.
    wat?

Comment

u can't use a f22 dizzy on a h22. it will not fit.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
      does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

hm.. i wanted to change my cap and rotor on my h22 so i bought the cap n rotor for it but when i was installing it the cap wouldn't fit. so i bought the cap of f22 and it seems to fit on the distributor...so i am guessin that i have a f22 distributor on h22...

Comment

The caps are interchangeable. Pretty much all hondas throughout the 90s used the same distributor cap. The only differences are the coil location.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

AND bolt on locations

pretty much all obd1 distributors are the same internally. Its the main housing that makes a difference.

a f22 one WIL NOT FIT. h22 or h23 will.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

so basically my question would be can i use a cap and rotor of an f22 on a h22 distributor?

Comment

Yes. I'm currently running a "90-91 Accord" cap and rotor.

Comment

thx for the info...first thing in the morning i'll change that.

Comment

oh and also...do i have to buy h22 plug wire or f22...or is the same thing?

Comment

the circles for the plugs on the valve cover are different sizes. a f22 one would work, but you wont get the water protection sealing you should be getting.

get the h22 one. The $10 you save on buying f22 ones is stupid.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

thanks for for the info

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                          the circles for the plugs on the valve cover are different sizes. a f22 one would work, but you wont get the water protection sealing you should be getting.

get the h22 one. The $10 you save on buying f22 ones is stupid.

I noticed no difference. USDM H22A ones are external coil, so unless you convert to external, they won't work for a JDM distributor.

Comment

so what so good about an external coil? is it any better than an internal one?

Comment

There are aftermarket options for external. I'm not aware of any aftermarket internal coil upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                              X