Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How can I make more power out of simple thing on a f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The B series up to the B20 don't have balance shafts I believe. So it wouldn't surprise me that the K20 doesn't have balance shafts either as it's only a 2.0 litre. I'm assuming all of the K series larger than the 2.0 have balance shafts in them from the factory.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

If I remember correctly the K20Z3 DID have balance shafts

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        But what happens if you stick a rotating counterweight on the opposite side of the Dremel. Does it spin faster, or are the vibrations just reduced?
        The moment you place a counterweight, the RPM picks up significantly. I have noticed the opposite with dremel cutting discs. The moment it snaps in half where one half of the disc is still attached to dremel, it will slow down by quite a bit.

As for the B and K series having or not having the balance shafts, I know for a fact that there is no fourbanger that does not need them in order to be fully balanced. The question is - where is the point of decision on whether to include them or not. The rule of thumb says around two liters. Some have them some don't. And then there is F18B that does. The next thing is stroke in general and RS ratio. I guess it mostly depends on the "class" of the engine in question rather than the necessity. Comfortable daily drivers will have balance shafts and more sporty motors up to ~2 liters can do without.

Comment

Working...
        X