Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found this halo rings or so called fog light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this halo rings or so called fog light.

so my question is .are these legit and would it work if installed in headlights?

or would they even fit?

http://www.autocityimports.com//inde...h=51_1304_3035
    My signature works perfectly fine.

They won't fit directly. CB's never had round fog lights, so you'd have to mount those in the lower grille, and still cut the bumper to fit, or cut out round holes in your bumper where the factory fogs would go and would look completely half assed.

Don't waste your time and money on those. If you want halos, do a headlight projector retrofit and add halos at the same time. Upgrades your headlights and get the halo look all in one.

Comment

ty for the info.. appreciated
      My signature works perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        They won't fit directly. CB's never had round fog lights, so you'd have to mount those in the lower grille, and still cut the bumper to fit, or cut out round holes in your bumper where the factory fogs would go and would look completely half assed.

Don't waste your time and money on those. If you want halos, do a headlight projector retrofit and add halos at the same time. Upgrades your headlights and get the halo look all in one.
        Didn't the CB have the 9091, 9293 style fogs along with a euro only option round fog style?

Comment

I think those round euro ones you're thinking of are Lexus ES300 retrofits, which look so damn good they should have come from the factory.

As far as I know there are only the 9091 and 9293 styles, otherwise everyone would have a hardon for round fogs like they do for 1pc headlights.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158253

"My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

That's what I was talking about, but apparently it's the Lexus ES300 retrofit..I honestly don't too much car for that look. Looks...off

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                I think those round euro ones you're thinking of are Lexus ES300 retrofits, which look so damn good they should have come from the factory.

As far as I know there are only the 9091 and 9293 styles, otherwise everyone would have a hardon for round fogs like they do for 1pc headlights.
                Wrong.
                European round fogs are as rare as the integrated rear foglight.

Even though "JDM" parts are getting harder to acquire, there was more of a market for the CB chassis in Japan than Europe(obviously), hence the rarity of those select few "EDM" parts.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                  Wrong.
                  European round fogs are as rare as the integrated rear foglight.

Even though "JDM" parts are getting harder to acquire, there was more of a market for the CB chassis in Japan than Europe(obviously), hence the rarity of those select few "EDM" parts.
                  European round fogs were never made. Only fogs you get on the front were either the JDM or USDM style, considering Stanley held the contract with Honda for the lighting and never made a round fog light for the CB chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligan90 View Post
                    European round fogs were never made. Only fogs you get on the front were either the JDM or USDM style, considering Stanley held the contract with Honda for the lighting and never made a round fog light for the CB chassis.
                    Okay that's vague. The USDM and JDM spec fogs are both different. One is more round and aggressive looking (JDM). The USDM ones are flat and don't have the same curvature on the faces like the JDM ones. There always was a euro style fog that looked like the 9091 style fogs but was smaller, more rectangular, and came in a housing similar to the cut off where it was placed. Think of a smaller 9091 fog inside of the plastic where it goes.

Comment

Why not clear the OEM lens housing (clear like a headlight or something) and then retrofit it with the projector? Much like how headlights are done. Yeah, I know it's off topic a bit but deff a thought.
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligan90 View Post

He knows his stuff,
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

They can look alright. I did them wasn't a huge fan of them how ever.
                          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                            Okay that's vague. The USDM and JDM spec fogs are both different. One is more round and aggressive looking (JDM). The USDM ones are flat and don't have the same curvature on the faces like the JDM ones. There always was a euro style fog that looked like the 9091 style fogs but was smaller, more rectangular, and came in a housing similar to the cut off where it was placed. Think of a smaller 9091 fog inside of the plastic where it goes.
                            He's referring to the round aftermarket style PIAA fogs, like the pic above shows. There is nothing vague about my post. 90-93 OEM fogs, whether JDM or USDM for our Accords are rectangular in shape either way. Round fogs would mean circular. Our fogs aren't circular.

Oh, and I have seen all 4 types of Accord foglights for our CB's. I own a set of pristine 90/91 USDM fogs (The entire setup) that has never even touched a car (Yet). I've seen the 92/93 fogs, and I have seen the JDM versions of these. Europe got the JDM version, while North America (US, Canada) got the USDM versions.
                            Last edited by Hooligan90; 08-05-2013, 05:49 AM.

Comment

I'll just leave this here...

EDM fogs

Comment

Working...
                              X