Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Changing f22 to h22 tranny on a h22 turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What good does getting into boost quickly do if you run out of gear just a quickly as you got there?

The M2F4 with a 4.062 is not similar to having an M2S4. The M2S4 has a 4.266 final drive as well.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      What good does getting into boost quickly do if you run out of gear just a quickly as you got there?

The M2F4 with a 4.062 is not similar to having an M2S4. The M2S4 has a 4.266 final drive as well.

I know the h23 has a 4.266, and maybe this calculator is wrong but I switched the h22 to a 4.062 final and this is what it gave -

To me it is similar enough to not go through the trouble.

Comment

nice stuff so much info here..

for you guys to have a better idea my setup is

garret T3/60-1 Turbo
        341 whp and 291 wtq @ 11psi.

just bought a M2B4 at a good price and my goal is to have fun and go fast no srs stuff like track or 1/4 mile best time.

but my question would be would i go faster from 100 to 200km/h in a f22 tranny or h22 tranny.
        My signature works perfectly fine.

Comment

You should be able to spin tires through 4th gear with that new setup......
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            BINGO! I debated on which trans/final drive to use with my setup for a long time. I put together an H23 trans with an F23 5th gear when I was N/A, but I knew traction was going to be an issue with boost. I went back to a stock F23 trans with MFactory limited slip for my current setup and still break the tires loose at 80mph with a boost by gear setup.

I wouldn't go with shorter gearing unless the car was built to run down the 1/4 on slicks like Sordz's. On the street, you can only put down so much power before you're just making a smoke show.

On an high-revving N/A setup without a ton of torque a short geared trans is great fun, but when you've got enough torque to break the tires loose in 3rd or 4th gear, why waste time shifting and potentially dropping out of boost?

10.2:1 F-series, 417whp, 398lb/ft Single-Cam on pump gas

Comment

Working...
            X