Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HELP CRANK PULLEY needs to be replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP CRANK PULLEY needs to be replaced

Hey guys i just bought a CB7 last week and the crank pulley went bad on it so can anyone please tell me how to replace it

First you should make sure that only your crank pulley went bad and not anything else within the engine. On that note, how did you determine your crank pulley went bad?

Anyway, if your accessories are still attached then you'll need to loosen up their adjusters (1 on the power steering bracket and the other on the alternator) and remove the belts. Then jack up the front of the car and remove the driver's wheel. Then put the car in gear if it's a manual and put a 19mm socket on the crankshaft bolt and break it off. You'll likely need a breaker bar and a cheater pipe to break this bolt off. Reinstallation is just reverse of removal. Pay close attention to how the metal gear that holds the gear in place goes. I would also strongly advise that you do a timing job while you're in there if it has been a while.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah, a crank pulley isn't a wear part, it's not like they just "go bad" every now and then. If yours wasn't torqued down enough and started to machine itself on the crank, it wouldn't be a bad idea to loc-tite the new one one.

Comment

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post
        Yeah, a crank pulley isn't a wear part, it's not like they just "go bad" every now and then. If yours wasn't torqued down enough and started to machine itself on the crank, it wouldn't be a bad idea to loc-tite the new one one.
        I've seen one break like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          I've seen one break like this.
          !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any idea what caused that? Belts too tight or something? Or freak defect?

Comment

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post
            Any idea what caused that? Belts too tight or something? Or freak defect?
            Hit something once (like a rock) maybe?
            1991 LX Wagon

Comment

I have not a clue, I bought it like that and went to do a timing belt and it just came apart.

Basically tha outer rib is fused to the iner part on rubber, I guess it just got hard and shrunk over time.

Comment

All recent european car have this problem !

But i never see that on an Honda

Comment

thanks bro i finally got it replaced now all i gotta do is set the timing on it and shes ready

Comment

Jesus!! That's one murdered crank pulley, and I thought mine was crap when I popped the hood on my cb7 when I picked her up after 12 years of slacking maintenance of just oil changes. Everything was about 50k miles overdue for changing but this is something new altogether
                    Hoonigan: a person who participates in any type of reckless driving including but not limited to drifting, drag racing, burnouts, doughnuts as well as acts of automotive aeronautics.
                    MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=195250

Comment

just want to ask if a 94-96 crankshaft pulley is compatible with our cb7?
                      1992 Honda Accord LX 2.2, CB7, F22A1, Bordeaux Red Pearl; Makati City, Philippines
                      Member: Accord Tuners (AT) of Honda Club Philippines (HCP) aka tibo_3rd

Comment

Not really. The A/C and power steering portion of the pulley has one more rib than the CB pulley. People have made it work but you can end up ruining belts. If you wanted you could swap over the CD Accord alternator and A/C compressor to match.

How do you have a CB in the Philippines? I thought you didn't get the Accord until '94.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          Not really. The A/C and power steering portion of the pulley has one more rib than the CB pulley. People have made it work but you can end up ruining belts. If you wanted you could swap over the CD Accord alternator and A/C compressor to match.

How do you have a CB in the Philippines? I thought you didn't get the Accord until '94.
                          Pare PEEJAYREYES, Jarrett is correct it will end up ruining your belts because of the other rib. His suggestion would be nice to consider.

Hey Jarrett my friend, this guy is from my City back home, maybe he has a FLIP sister (Find Looking Island People) just joking.
                          私はフィリピン人

Comment

Originally posted by rexjr919 View Post
                            thanks bro i finally got it replaced now all i gotta do is set the timing on it and shes ready
                            Set the timing on your crank pulley?

It only goes on one way.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                            member ride thread
                            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                            X