mosquito net filter on a turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mosquito net filter on a turbo?

does it make a difference if i use a mosquito net on a turbo or a regular air filter?
    My signature works perfectly fine.

One will filter out damaging dust particles, the other will filter out mosquitos. Which do you think would work best?

Comment

lol i know but the way my setup was made the turbo is hard to reach and impossible to fit a air filter unless i take out the whole front end..so i just wanna know does it make a difference...will it damage the turbo or something...cuz i have seen ppl use it before.

Comment

It stops things like rocks and stuff kicked up from the road from going in but it wont filter out sand/dust/ etc.... But not to many options out there depending on your setup.

Comment

thx for the help..really appreciated

Comment

Your best bet is to put the turbo somewhere that will allow you to add an intake pipe and filter to the inlet.

A few people I know have used pantyhose on the turbo inlet. Rocks and other large debris will certainly destroy your turbo (and engine if it gets that far, but that's not likely), but dust and dirt that whatever material you use doesn't properly filter will eventually lead to damaging buildup on the turbo and in the engine. It may be an added expense getting a manifold that will put the turbo in a place that makes it easy to run a filter, but it's going to be far less expensive than replacing a damaged turbo or a damaged engine!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Your best bet is to put the turbo somewhere that will allow you to add an intake pipe and filter to the inlet.

A few people I know have used pantyhose on the turbo inlet. Rocks and other large debris will certainly destroy your turbo (and engine if it gets that far, but that's not likely), but dust and dirt that whatever material you use doesn't properly filter will eventually lead to damaging buildup on the turbo and in the engine. It may be an added expense getting a manifold that will put the turbo in a place that makes it easy to run a filter, but it's going to be far less expensive than replacing a damaged turbo or a damaged engine!
              nuff said. Modify what you need to and get a filter on there man. If it was a trailored track car then you could slide by with skeeter net, but dont trust that garbage for a street driver.

Comment

ya thx once again..ill get a new filter and try to work something out

Comment

Yea that skeeter net could break apart and it can get sucked into the turbo. If it were me and I didn't want large debris in my snail, I would cut me a piece of screen off my front porch. But usually I like to run filters. It beats having to buy a new turbo.....

Comment

Working...
                  X