power slot cryo and hawk hp plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power slot cryo and hawk hp plus

i just installed 2 brand new front power slot cryo and hawk hp plus..

1.the pad doesn't grab the hole disc.
    2.the car make sweekin noise when i am normally driving(and when i brake it stops)
    3.when i press like 1/4 of the brake pedal.. the steering wheel shakes.and when i press more then that it stops.

any 1 know what could be the problem? thanks
    My signature works perfectly fine.

Did you bleed the brake lines? Are you sure you had the pads for the caliper? (dont even know if its possible to install Akebono on Nissin calipers or vice versa?) Are you sure the rotors weren't warped before installing them, what kind of squeeking noise is it? Metal on metal?

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

ye i bleeded 2 times the the brake line and when i ordered the pads it said for 90-91 accord lx and the rotors were brand spanking new in the box and the squeeking noise is like...lol i cant explain it ..but it seems like its normal that they make noise ..thats what it said on the paper that was in the box of the rotors( need like 200-500 miles to break in)..but the thing that annoy me the most is when i tried to brake a lil bit the steering wheel shakes...

Comment

Are your tires balanced?, alignment could be off too

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

how are the condition of your brake calipers? the slide pins are free and lubed up? the piston's not sticking? what about did you tighten the caliper mounting bracket all the way TIGHT? thats the issue I had when I just did my brakes, i forgot to tighten it all the way and it made a clunking sound.

The screeching could also be your brake dust shield scraping against the rotor so just bend it back to where it needs to be.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by psycobone
            i just installed 2 brand new front power slot cryo and hawk hp plus..

1.the pad doesn't grab the hole disc.
            2.the car make sweekin noise when i am normally driving(and when i brake it stops)
            3.when i press like 1/4 of the brake pedal.. the steering wheel shakes.and when i press more then that it stops.

any 1 know what could be the problem? thanks
            1) can you post a pic of how much is not touching.
            2) clean all the brakes out with a waterblaster, or regular hose if you don't have access to one - Squeaks can be caused by brake dust build up.
            3) The rotors sound like their warped, which could be due to problem #1 - as said above, post a pic please

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

i'll post pics 2moroow...internet wasn't working

Comment

Working...
              X