CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.59 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2015, 09:36 PM   #861
islandhopper
Contributing Member

islandhopper seems to have made some friends! islandhopper seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
man long time no talk! Well I don't know if you have a Facebook or not yet but theres a spring meet were planning for May 29th to Nehalem State park and you should try to join us! Itd be great to see ya again
Oh man i missed this post! i'll have to try for the next one or something. I'm back in Wahington now but the CB is still in Oregon. Just need to find the time to go and get it up here.

Definitely wanna see the CB guys again. let me know if something is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip-Eye View Post
You didn't accept any money from the broad in the Mercedes, but you should have accepted money for plowing the roads for them!
Right?! There were a few times i thought i was gonna get stuck but the CB is such a trooper in the snow, even slammed! Im sure i helped clear a few neighborhood streets.

Form.Follows.Function
islandhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:47 AM   #862
c91bse7
CB7tuner Member

c91bse7 is cool... so far.
Well what are you doing? Get the cb up here and start attending our meets (well I just show up, Joey and others really set it up) it's a lot more organized now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcloud View Post
Wimp go low or go home haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
Not a single fuck was given that day.
c91bse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:52 AM   #863
DanCan
CB7tuner Member

DanCan is cool... so far.
My god your car is beautiful. I remember it from seeing that front end shot sitting under that carport in front of the garage after you did the retrofit. I can`t remember what thread it was in, but I fell in love with it.

Your retrofit is amazing!! I`m glad you take lots of pictures, I`m the same way when I tackle anything on my car, most of it is documented. If I ever do decide to retrofit my one pieces you`ll be the one I`m looking for for info!

Keep up the good work And again, gorgeous car!

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

DanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #864
90ACCORDLXGUY
CB7tuner Member

90ACCORDLXGUY is cool... so far.
Where you located now? HondaFest is this weekend btw.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13
90ACCORDLXGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #865
islandhopper
Contributing Member

islandhopper seems to have made some friends! islandhopper seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c91bse7 View Post
Well what are you doing? Get the cb up here and start attending our meets (well I just show up, Joey and others really set it up) it's a lot more organized now!
Working on it! Gonna be flying back down to Bend and getting a U-Haul w/car trailer and bringing all my shit up to my new place. Shouldn't be too long before that happens and i can roll out with you guys. or i could always show up in the bimmer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCan View Post
My god your car is beautiful. I remember it from seeing that front end shot sitting under that carport in front of the garage after you did the retrofit. I can`t remember what thread it was in, but I fell in love with it.

Your retrofit is amazing!! I`m glad you take lots of pictures, I`m the same way when I tackle anything on my car, most of it is documented. If I ever do decide to retrofit my one pieces you`ll be the one I`m looking for for info!

Keep up the good work And again, gorgeous car!
Much thanks! Anytime you need some advice or help trouble shooting HID/projector/retrofit stuff or anything really, feel free to ask. as long as i have experience with it i'll try and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
Where you located now? HondaFest is this weekend btw.
Bow, WA. I'll be at a friends birthday in Portland this weekend! But im definitely down to attend some meets when i get the Honda back. I've got a freshened up A6/H2U5 combo waiting for it, plus a few other goodies..

Form.Follows.Function
Old 05-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #866
islandhopper
Contributing Member

Unhappy

Wanna see something sad?

Form.Follows.Function
Old 05-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #867
apalileo
CB7tuner Member

apalileo is cool... so far.
This is sad... please tell us it's temporary!

www.anthonypalileo.com
www.anthonypalileo.com/watches (secret link)
apalileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:20 PM   #868
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Ugh....! Ya. Leaves hold moisture. Temp right?
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:49 PM   #869
islandhopper
Contributing Member

Not really sure guys. I'm living in Germany now and the car is with a trusted friend. I think i will have him remove all the goodies and maybe use them on another CB. The car still runs but it is beat down and tired. Might be time to put it to rest and have its memory live on in another chassis. Still have a lot of the cool parts like suspension and lights and other cool things i picked up over the years...like that flushie.

That being said if anyone is interested in some parts...let me know.

Form.Follows.Function
Old 05-11-2017, 07:39 AM   #870
Raf99
Gold Member

Come on.., you know if you store it it won't go bad. It could be as good as before. So ... store it somewhere dryer, put a cover on it and it will be waiting for you when you return. Assuming you are returning...
Old 05-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #871
islandhopper
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
Come on.., you know if you store it it won't go bad. It could be as good as before. So ... store it somewhere dryer, put a cover on it and it will be waiting for you when you return. Assuming you are returning...
I would love to say that i will rebuild it but right now it seems like a very distant dream. The way things are going i won't be living in the states again for quite some time. I'll be back to visit family and friends/vacation but won't be staying for very long.

Still have a TON of love for the CB chassis and this coupe in particular. But its a swamp inside there and would need a total interior overhaul not to mention mechanical overhaul. Would be easier to start with a "fresh" example. Don't have access to dry storage or even permanent storage so it might have to go to CB heaven. If i can save it i will but i gotta be realistic too, man.

What's interesting is that CB's are suuuper rare here in Germany. I've literally seen TWO in the year i've been living here so far. And browsing for them online yields very few results. Even fewer worth looking at. I would love to ship my CB goodies here and build one up. Would actually be unique which is a crazy thought considering how extremely common they are in the states. Maybe that's what will happen...it's more realistic than resurrecting this one.

Anyway, don't be sad for her...she had a rough but good life. And you never know, maybe there's hope for this one yet.

Form.Follows.Function
Old 05-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #872
c91bse7
CB7tuner Member

c91bse7 is cool... so far.
Dx racecar hmm tempting, very tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcloud View Post
Wimp go low or go home haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
Not a single fuck was given that day.
c91bse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:13 PM   #873
Raf99
Gold Member

Aww, that's too bad. You could always import one too if you really wanted one. I hope your very cool, very rare parts go to a good home if you ever decide to part with them.

edit: Why'd ya move?

Last edited by Raf99; 05-16-2017 at 05:11 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #874
islandhopper
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c91bse7 View Post
Dx racecar hmm tempting, very tempting.
Dude if you want it, it's yours. No question.

Quote:
Aww, that's too bad. You could always import one too if you really wanted one. I hope your very cool, very rare parts go to a good home if you ever decide to part with them.

edit: Why'd ya move?
I would definitely make sure the rare stuff went to a good home. We'll see.

As for the reason i left the states...

A girl. She's pretty awesome. We met up in Washington on the 4th of July, 2015 while she was on vacation visiting a friend of my roommate's at the time and there was an immediate attraction. We ended up spending her last 3 weeks in the states together traveling through SoCal and over to Lake Havasu City, AZ, then the Grand Canyon and then on to Vegas. Was fucking wild. Decided to keep the adventure going and visited her in Freiburg where we travelled all over Europe visiting some amazing places and making memories. Pretty much cemented our relationship and after 3 months (the limit on a tourist visa) i retured to the states where i liquidated my stuff and prepared to return to Germany. Got back October of 2016 and have been here since. Found work and was staying on a year long work visa which i just had extended for another year.

Now that i've decided to port my BMW over i guess you could say things are getting pretty serious...

Would CB7Tuner like some GF pics? Just a few of the SFW ones

Alright getting carried away...but yeah she's worth it and it's been amazing so far. Europe is dope asf

Form.Follows.Function
Old 05-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #875
Raf99
Gold Member

.................................................. ahhhhhhh wow. Your life could be a movie. That is wild. I don't even know what to say, that's crazy! Well I wish you the best!! Makes me happy to see people who found the one for them.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #876
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
Shit I thought you were in the Army.

good for you man! You forget we do have some EU members on here right?? So asking them to keep an eye out for a CB wouldn't be a bad idea...and flipin EDM spec parts wouldn't be a bad idea either now that I think of it.

What are you doing for work nowadays? And your coupe...may I ask if you left it with a trusted friend how did it end up in such a horrible shape??

Best of you luck to you in Germany though.
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #877
islandhopper
Contributing Member

Quote:
.................................................. ahhhhhhh wow. Your life could be a movie. That is wild. I don't even know what to say, that's crazy! Well I wish you the best!! Makes me happy to see people who found the one for them.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenRoc View Post
Shit I thought you were in the Army.

good for you man! You forget we do have some EU members on here right?? So asking them to keep an eye out for a CB wouldn't be a bad idea...and flipin EDM spec parts wouldn't be a bad idea either now that I think of it.

What are you doing for work nowadays? And your coupe...may I ask if you left it with a trusted friend how did it end up in such a horrible shape??

Best of you luck to you in Germany though.
Yeah i'm aware of our EU members. Just have a lot of other things going on. One of which is porting over my E30. And the public transportation around here is excellent...so i dont actually need a car, its just a convenience at this point. Maybe i'll ask around and also keep an eye out for EDM parts.

I'm working for Fastenal EU. Your probably familiar with them in the states. Huge hardware company out of Winona, MN. Now worldwide. Got lucky and they were starting up a new branch just 15min from my flat. Within 4 months they've expanded our location and promotions were flying around. I just signed as the new Operations Manager, which extended my visa. Pretty happy about that and my colleagues are all great people. It's not a dream job but it is a nice place to be right now.

As for my CB coupe...its condition is no ones fault but my own. I had been neglecting it once i made my E30 a daily. I left it in central Oregon near my moms place since it was relatively safe. Then things with my girl happened and i kinda just forgot about it while i travelled. Once i came back to liquidate i started selling off...kind of a long story but essentially my priorities changed and unfortunately the CB wasn't one of them. It's with my cousin now who is nice enough to let me park it at his place until i decide what to do with it.

But anyways, thanks for the kind words. I gotta say i miss this community and browsing the old members rides section is making me want to jump back in. We'll see

Form.Follows.Function
Old 05-18-2017, 01:33 PM   #878
SPLCB7
CB7tuner Member

SPLCB7 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to SPLCB7
sad to see the cb in this condition i loved it back in the day. however your doing good with the girl thats more important best of luck bud
Old 05-21-2017, 01:38 PM   #879
apalileo
CB7tuner Member

apalileo is cool... so far.
Ditto on what everyone else said! Best wishes!

www.anthonypalileo.com
www.anthonypalileo.com/watches (secret link)
apalileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #880
islandhopper
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLCB7 View Post
sad to see the cb in this condition i loved it back in the day. however your doing good with the girl thats more important best of luck bud
Yeah it was kinda cool back in the day. But you're right, priorities change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apalileo View Post
Ditto on what everyone else said! Best wishes!
Thanks man!

Form.Follows.Function

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: