Ceramic coatings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceramic coatings?

Everywhere I look, I’m bombarded with ads for ceramic coatings. Liquids, sprays, etc... Has anyone used any of this stuff? Would you recommend it? What brand?

Every comparison article I read is a blatant sales pitch for one brand or another. None of the info I’ve found seems to be objective, and I see a lot of people calling the stuff overpriced gimmicky junk.

I know legit professionally applied ceramic coatings can cost four figures, so would a $20-$40 bottle of stuff even be worth messing with over a quality wax?

I’d like a nice shine on my cars without having to break out the buffer every few weeks! Once a summer would be ideal for my non-dailies. These ceramic products seem to promise that... but is it BS?

I've used the semi-expensive stuff at car shows and was impressed but was also like meh. And I'm interested too, lately I'm just relying on youtube vids like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lRsKREslOQ

Comment

I have been studying policies and waxes for 22 years now I own a high end auto detailing business. This detailing business is not the high end you would think I have very few clients but there the ones that are willing to leave their vehicle in my care 4 days and no that the large amount of money that their spending will produce results accurate to the pricing. There is one thing then you've got to know about ceramic coating first. He's alright then your paint surface has to be polished clayed cleaned perfectly. Been using some high end waxes and polishes on my show car but sometimes I am too sick to be able to maintain that coding so I decided for one season to go with the ceramic coating. I polished the paint and clean the paint so it was glass perfect smooth. Then I spent the time properly applying the ceramic coating then as my business model would show I went back and put on a second coating. because you see these videos that show my car has 5 or 6 coatings of the ceramic coating when I started this second coating I found out that that is a bunch of bull. When you have one coating of ceramic coating is ceramic coating rejects or blocks the second coating it just beat up and falls off so you can have multi coats. It makes sense that ceramic coating shouldn't allow anything to stick to the car so why would it allow itself to stick to the car that mean something else that similar to itself then would stick to the car. Unfortunately after the ceramic coating I fell ill and the car was left out with its triple layer car cover on not to triple layer car cover you would buy on eBay but 3 different car covers flannel covered to keep that paints clean and soft and then a waterproof cover to keep the rain and snow out and then a sunbrella cover to protect the other covers from the harsh sunlight. Tech cover stayed on throughout the summer once I got better I remove the car cover and saw that the ceramic coating were scratched from the dust and dirt on the car cover worn down with some areas fading. Now to fix those fights you would really have to with a rubbing compound polish the car again and then re coat it. A waste of time and a waste of money when I've had so much experience and knowledge with polishes and waxes then I could have quickly repaired those areas had a good protective coating and an awesome shine period . The good thing about a ceramic coating would be if you have a personal watercraft that would be an awesome thing is it doesn't take long to re coat it is not gonna get damaged too much that would be great or motorcycles motorcycles would be awesome first but to deal with a whole car yes it's it's under Hey bubbles car cover there is no way that you could protect a ceramic coating as they say all the time in these ads it's gotta be treated right you don't have the time to treat it right trust me.

Comment

Thanks man! Seems like the old fashioned way of polishing and waxing is still probably the best option.

Comment

Working...
        X