No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have inspired me to do a vid like this. Where did you mount the camera?

Comment

So, I used the adhesive mounts that came with some of my factory Go Pro accessories. I literally mounted them to back of the trunk lid. About 2” above the tail light. Rubbing alcohol prep and dry the area first though. I used an OE Go Pro camera case that mounts specifically to the adhesive mount. For the microphone, that was interesting. I cobbled accessories together. And I had to use the adapter as well. Again, I used an adhesive backed OE Go Pro mount. I think they are designed for helmets. I used a small piece of Velcro and adhered the adapter to the cobbled microphone mount. The video you watched, I pointed the shotgun mic down slightly. And it was mounted on the trunk lid above the tail light facing backwards. That’s ok until things get loud.

Check out my next post. The video in the next post, the microphone was mounted sideways. And orientated towards the camera. Also, down a bit more than before to avoid direct wind. Massive sock also. I’ll post a pic of the setup. It works really well.

Comment

I don’t know much about this video. It was on an SD card when I found it in my Go Pro. Someone must have borrowed it.

Comment

Ya, much better. Especially on WOT. But how are you not paranoid of losing that camera on the trunk haha. I'd have fishing line tied to my finger and the other end to the camera.

Comment

I’m somewhat paranoid. Lol I made a killer setup that’s universal actually. It will work on anything with a license plate. Almost no risk of anything falling off.

And I made another video. We are still somewhat shutdown from Covid. Typically I baby my vehicles. Except the Talon. It only gets driven to be beat on.

This is the new camera/mic/mount setup. I’ll post a pic of it in one second.

This is a vid of the Talon. I’ll post the vid on that MRT as well. But for sake of discussion I’m posting it here also.

Whoever was driving, they never do stuff like this. It’s wreckless. However with Covid the risks to others are almost none especially on certain days and at certain times.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
              I’m somewhat paranoid. Lol I made a killer setup that’s universal actually. It will work on anything with a license plate. Almost no risk of anything falling off.

And I made another video. We are still somewhat shutdown from Covid. Typically I baby my vehicles. Except the Talon. It only gets driven to be beat on.

This is the new camera/mic/mount setup. I’ll post a pic of it in one second.

This is a vid of the Talon. I’ll post the vid on that MRT as well. But for sake of discussion I’m posting it here also.

Whoever was driving, they never do stuff like this. It’s wreckless. However with Covid the risks to others are almost none especially on certain days and at certain times.

Same mount point on the talon or was that the license plate attachment?

Comment

Finally. I was having issues going to desktop view to get the bb code.

The setup I cobbled together on the talon. Obviously not legal. I guess it depends on the individual. I’m getting pulled over either way probably so it doesn’t matter much. On and off for me.

The setup that can be bought is what’s on the Honda. Camera mount 100% factory. Adapter and mic is custom but only 5 mins work. They make a mount style microphone adapter. It wouldn’t even have to be Go Pro brand. Some things you can cheap out on. Fortunately because Go Pro is high.

Attached, camera down for install.

Untitled

Camera up.

What I started with. Current mic/ adapter setup not disassembled. Just put it on there to show how it connects. I used a super cheap spring type squeeze style camera/ phone mount for a tripod that happened to have the square provision for the microphone.

The adhesive mounts. For the mic, that’s modified m. But wasn’t hard. They make a mic mount that attaches this way. They make a ton of factory Go Pro brand mounts. I just used what I had.

Removed to see how it came off. Takes care and time. But no damage.

Cobbled. But works. I don’t have to worry about losing what I made. It won’t come off.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-21-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Finally. I was having issues going to desktop view to get the bb code.

The setup I cobbled together on the talon. Obviously not legal. I guess it depends on the individual. I’m getting pulled over either way probably so it doesn’t matter much. On and off for me.

The setup that can be bought is what’s on the Honda. Camera mount 100% factory. Adapter and mic is custom but only 5 mins work. They make a mount style microphone adapter. It wouldn’t even have to be Go Pro brand. Some things you can cheap out on. Fortunately because Go Pro is high.

Attached, camera down for install.

Untitled

Camera up.

What I started with. Current mic/ adapter setup not disassembled. Just put it on there to show how it connects. I used a super cheap spring type squeeze style camera/ phone mount for a tripod that happened to have the square provision for the microphone.

The adhesive mounts. For the mic, that’s modified m. But wasn’t hard. They make a mic mount that attaches this way. They make a ton of factory Go Pro brand mounts. I just used what I had.

Removed to see how it came off. Takes care and time. But no damage.

Cobbled. But works. I don’t have to worry about losing what I made. It won’t come off.

LOL ... sick engineering ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                    LOL ... sick engineering ...
                    It’s so cobbled. If it didn’t work so well the embarrassment would override my decision to post pics.

Since Covid I’m not spending even $3 that I don’t need to. So it was pure desire and determination.

Comment

It’s so cobbled. If it didn’t work so well the embarrassment would override my decision to post pics.

Since Covid I’m not spending even $3 that I don’t need to. So it was pure desire and determination.
                      Thanks for the reply PM ... good to know info, and all I've heard is how they eat batteries.

I couldnt believe what Honda wanted for a frakin OP gasket ...
                      So, it's comforting knowing that I got an OEM part WITH the right part # LOL!!!

But yes, things are as good as expected, what with all of this "stuff" going on ...
                      Glad you're alright and this SITE is still ... always what it has been ... and then some!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                        Thanks for the reply PM ... good to know info, and all I've heard is how they eat batteries.

I couldnt believe what Honda wanted for a frakin OP gasket ...
                        So, it's comforting knowing that I got an OEM part WITH the right part # LOL!!!

But yes, things are as good as expected, what with all of this "stuff" going on ...
                        Glad you're alright and this SITE is still ... always what it has been ... and then some!
                        No problem, I figured I would throw some things out there. I always seem to have something to add as I always seem to be in over my head.

I know! They aren’t going down in price that’s for sure.

With my recent life experiences I’m just going to leave that last part alone. I have something like “effective” or correct schizophrenia. Where I’m schizophrenic but I’m right. And wish I wasn’t. Life is nuts. Kidding but serious. You as well though! Glad you are alright also.

Comment

I installed the fog light wiring harness. To full OEM spec. Took quite a while but I followed the service manual to a T and routed everything as clean as possible.

It had an alarm I think at one time. Installed poorly. It was cut out but the wiring was left and still modified. I can’t stand that so I fixed it. Before. No after yet. But it is fully fixed.

I removed the bezel and everything needed to get the cluster out. The new filament type bulbs I installed in the cluster 8 or so months ago failed. The overhead bulbs for the needles. When they went out they left me with a pretty dark cluster. So I bought the recommended overhead led bulbs from superbrightleds. They are way too bright and too blue. But I can live with it. I modified the bulb area big time to dim it down. Nothing permanent.

More stuff fixed!

And I had to.

85*F outside, get in this thing after it’s been running for 10 minutes and it’s so cold it hurts. So happy with the A/C. I love R12.

Comment

sooo I bought a Gopro Hero 7 Black & also some chinese knock-off that does the same thing but worse. So you were using what mounts? Obviously not suction cup?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              sooo I bought a Gopro Hero 7 Black & also some chinese knock-off that does the same thing but worse. So you were using what mounts? Obviously not suction cup?
                              I was using the Go Pro suction cup mount I believe. I have also made "custom" hack job mounts in the past. I have the Hero 6 black. I hate it.

Comment

I can't even think of what all has changed with this car.

It now has:

-Alpine stereo. Single din.

-Brembo OE front rotors. Wagner thermoquiet pads.

-New OEM lower ball joints.

-Detroit Axle? Wheel bearings and hubs.

-Replaced rear deck, head liner and speaker grills (in rear deck) with pretty nice pieces. Reversed the mistakes of the previous owner.

-Bridgestone Blizzak WS70's in 195/60/R15. (Soft, way soft. Running them until I don't have to. Great tires but a deep winter tire IMO. I'd only use them with snow on the ground. Wind and 80mph makes the car lean and bounce around. Not displeased but surprised. Not a highway tire due to super super soft ride.)

I have a Vibrant ultra quiet resonator to install. The drone is quite bad. It's also leaking oil from the the timing side again and the rear main I believe. Pretty annoyed with oil leaks on this car. So the timing belt needs done again. Luckily the belt is $18 give or take. I'm about sick of doing it. Even though I can do just the belt in a couple hours now (practice). I think I errored when I used the Dorman balance shaft seal. It's probably the culprit.

Last but not least, I hate traveling in this car after traveling so much in the Talon. To be able to maneuver or pass in an instant (Talon) to having 2400 feet to pass a semi and a car a doing 70 in alternating passing lanes and hoping you make it around is a big difference. This car is SLOW. And I think it's slower than factory. I have the ignition timing dead nuts. It runs smooth and idles good.

Long story not so long, this car needs and turbo. I think I'm going to start gathering the last several parts to complete the build. I have injectors (550cc dsm) a small 16g turbo, O2 housing and 1g turbo manifold. I think all I needs is to build a forged pistoned block (got a great running F22A6 in another CB7 now) new gaskets, good clutch, find a donor 5 speed (or all parts) Walbro 255, wideband, boost gauge (I have a spare Autometer mech one) and then a method of tuning. It's a matter of time until it happens. Just a stock rod, stock cam forged pistoned motor making whatever the parts I have will comfortably support. Thankfully I have so many DSM parts. If it made a reliable 260whp-280whp I would be super pleased. If it lasted 80-100k daily driving I would be even more pleased. This car is just such a dog. When traveling with another person, two 60lb dogs and 250lbs of luggage it becomes a boat.

Comment

Working...
                                X