Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whistling sound while accelerating, about half throttle, coming from engine bay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whistling sound while accelerating, about half throttle, coming from engine bay.

Getting a whistling sound coming from aftermarket cold air intake, or so I assume, happens while accelerating on about half throttle. Goes away when more throttle is applied. Thought it was the metal filter on the intake, changed the filter and noise is still present. 2 1/2” C.A.I. Solid about 1/16” to 1/8” aluminum pipe goes through into front fender behind fog light.
    Any idea if I’m hearing something different? Maybe coming from intake manifold or throttle body? Thanks

pretty sure that's normal. check your vacuum lines to make sure you didn't leave any disconnected. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

How well are any joints (tube to filter, tube to throttle body) sealed? A small leak (weak vacuum because of the pressure drop through the filter) could tend to whistle.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by 310CB7f22a4 View Post
        Getting a whistling sound coming from aftermarket cold air intake, or so I assume, happens while accelerating on about half throttle. Goes away when more throttle is applied. Thought it was the metal filter on the intake, changed the filter and noise is still present. 2 1/2” C.A.I. Solid about 1/16” to 1/8” aluminum pipe goes through into front fender behind fog light.
        Any idea if I’m hearing something different? Maybe coming from intake manifold or throttle body? Thanks
        Normal. The reason most buy the intake is for the sound(s).

Comment

The sound they're looking for is more of deep throated whoosh (to use a technical term - what I got when I cut 3 inch hole in the bottom of a stock air filter box) isn't it, not a whistle?
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Also look for collapsed vacuum lines like the one from the PVC to the intake manifold. They too can make whistling sounds.

Comment

Sounds normal, my H22 does the same. I have also rode in two other B18Cs
              that make the same noise. It is from the intake.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Thanks guys for the direction, it’s most definitely not a pleasant sound like a bassy “braaaaaâppp” (technical term) is like a whistle or a fast streaming/whirling ... what about coolant hose noise or water filter whirl? What do they sound like? P.s. that is a serious question lol

Comment

Need to post the complete link; it is abbreviated.

Comment

Well I ended up taking off throttle body because I know I did not have a gasket on it,to see if that was my issue, annnnnnnd threw on a skunk 2 throttle body which took some modifications to get to fit correctly with a my map sensor being in the emissions box I had modify that as well being as it’s not a throttle body mounted map. And I’m ashamed to say I used some 90 minute gasket maker to get a airtight seal on both. Here’s to tail tight seals and weekends working on the cb7

Comment

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0XNy...-_Hill_Section

Comment

You don't say specifically - did that stop the whistling?

Comment

Uhh I hope, had to recalibrate the tps and we all know the pain of working on Honda’s in general being that the engine bay is cluttered with hoses and wires and whatnot and I had to modify this skunk 2 TB, had to or at least think I had to use my oem throttle lever since there was only a slot for one cable and long story short I’m not sure..... got the throttle lever almost in a run able spot(idle to high) last night and going to/have to get it running today... but geez since I already had it in place and didn’t want to remove it once again it sure is hard to reach the set screw and nut on the throttle lever.... I’ll try to snap pics when I’m in the heat of battle to show you the work done and amount of space I’m working with. Wish me luck

Comment

Working...
                          X