Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Chopped grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chopped grills

I got an idea tonight, when I was feeding the fish and bearded dragon...

I needed to redo my grille anyway, and was planning to do it chopped and slowed. I had been looking around town for a nice peice of grillage, since I dont want to do anything tacky like use the chickenwire BS I see all around here. (I am not from lexington, or kentucky for that matter, and I term a lot of stuff as "redneck" and chickenwire grills are redneck to me. Also, see: two expensive rims along with two steel rims with hubcaps, or any type of spinning hubcap from walmart. Redneck.)

I took a look at my bearded dragon's cage, and decided this wire mesh would be gutted and fitted onto my grille > I spent a little while cutting up my OE with a Ginsu and Gerber tool. Sure it needs the dremel treatment but I have 2 bucks in the account. I painted the chome area with white Krylon Fusion, and several coats of top coat by some other company that isnt as important.

Ill post some pictures. It doent look ghetto at all. Rather pleasing, and it didnt cost a thing.

Sweet, lets see......

Linkee in my sig for a DIY grill hack.
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

post some pics of it off the car and some with it on, lets see your cb7

Florida Meet Pictures!!!!!!!!

Comment

post pix x3
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
          post pix x3
          X4

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
            X4
            x5

Comment

I will be a follower and put x6

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

Lol.. might as well. x7!!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

pics!4 96fyg

Comment

Being a leader and not a follower.....so me your grille!
                    1993 Accord LX - Sold
                    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

(RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                      Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                      My (old) Ride

Comment

yea lets see pics!!

Comment

if u got 56k it sux for you.

Pathetic for now, but I have a lot lined up for the next 3-6 months

Before the grille

After the grille

Close-up of da grille

Damn mosquito messing my beautiful picture up. Should I go black? It just seems the previous picture is so subdued, while the white really stands out and makes me notice the gap between grill and bumper, lights, etc.

Thinking about getting rid of that "H"

Anyways, I havent fixed any of the rust or body damage on it because for one, the hood is going to be replaced so why even bother? The front bumper will be replaced with R33, a Buddy Club rear bumper, and BW sides. My foglights are going to go somewhere inside the bumper, but they arent going to be foglights, they are going to be hella 9006 heh.

Shitty engine yah ok.

That's that Advance Autoparts AEM intake tube with a K&N filter installed. I got the whole setup for like $30 bucks, because my store didnt have any conical filters. The manager offered me the display model, which had no real oil on it and stuff, I said hell yeah for 75% discount lol. No brainer. The little yellow nipple is some ghetto plugging using existing parts. APC fatty spark wires and a breather on the VC. Plus a bloo oil cap.

Going to do extreme engine makeover when I get some time off work, I have a semester break here in about a week, ill probably do it then. Ive got a buddy who can chrome dip anything for me; I might use that offer to the fullest extent. But then again I think chroming everything is tacky. Who knows?

The disgustingly embarrassing side crinkle and rear bumper damage.

The black molding has got to go. The door handles will follow soon after. As bad as the damage looks, (worse in real life, the pic makes it look better lol) That is going to be the very last fix I think. Lowest quote I could get for repair is $2500 and I would rather shoot myself in the balls first. I am also going to get rid of the top weatherstripping or whatever that is. I want my car smoooooth no lines other than the outline.

Butt

I just installed these tails. I now have to rewire my entire rear end, because I guess my previous owner had a problem with melting wires. This aggravates me and I am OCD so I will rewire all the harnesses, plus add some bulbs etc. I liked the lights because they reminded me of the 1995 (or 1994?) Nissan Skyline boxy rear.

Ohnos!

This is the only "Before" pic I can offer for the interior. Most importantly, the speaker has been changed to a Kenwood 5-1/2".

Schwing! (notice: Bottle of C.C. Lemon. teh p1mp.)

Its a door.

This is SooperDoog!

That's all for now. Go home. Shoo!

Comment

Nice pics, looks good. (Except the "The disgustingly embarrassing side crinkle and rear bumper damage.") lol. I've done the same with my interior (painted the trim white) Haven't done anything with the doors yet though, and my paint job is horrible lol. Anyways, about the grille, it's hard to see the mesh, so painting it or even just taking the mesh off might be good.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

I like what you did with the interior, looks great. When I scrolled down and saw the before pic of the interior it scared the shit out of me!

Comment

Working...
                              X